It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apothis Thee Destroyer Destroying Thee World In 2036

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Have you read of the Giant Asteroid, "Apothis," it is coming around soon in 2029 and in the next 7 year's in 2036 it may collide with us.

I just noticed it in www.key23.net as of the "Apothis," symbolism utilised by Occultist's who adopted the post - Egyptian path's.

Will the World reach it's Critical Pressure Point and die in ennui to the wrath of astro-genocide from the War in the Heaven's?

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I've read about that asteroid. What you forgot to mention is that the predicted path may change due to gravitational interactions with other bodies in the solar system, be it planets or another one of the thousands of orbiting bodies. In fact the threat level dropped since it was spotted back in '99.

In other words, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
First of all, in case anyone would like to google information on this, it's called Apophis.

I'm not really concerned about this chunk of rock either, since it is 30 years in our future and we will have plenty of time to react if this were to become a serious thread.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

NASA has outlined what it could do, and in what time frame, in case a quarter-mile-wide asteroid named Apophis is on a course to slam into Earth in the year 2036. The timetable was released by the B612 Foundation, a group that is pressing NASA and other government agencies to do more to head off threats from near-Earth objects.

The plan runs like this: Eight years from now, if there's still a chance of a collision in 2036, NASA would start drawing up plans to put a probe on the space rock or in orbit around it in 2019. Measurements sent back from the probe would characterize Apophis' course to an accuracy of mere yards (meters) by the year 2020.

If those readings still could not rule out a strike in 2036, NASA would try to deflect the asteroid into a non-threatening course in the 2024-2028 time frame by firing an impactor at it — using this year's Deep Impact comet-blasting probe as a model. Experts would start planning for the "Son of Deep Impact" mission even before they knew whether or not it was needed.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
A pity about the dark ages ... if humanity had not been crapping out of windows for 800 years we would have advanced enough to deal with something like this, fingers crossed it will miss ... i believe the odds are still something like 30,000 to 1 that it will hit.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
I'm not really concerned about this chunk of rock either, since it is 30 years in our future and we will have plenty of time to react if this were to become a serious thread.

I can´t help but wonder if this typo was intentional...

*looks around for mod activity*

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I caught that too. Apophis is due to come within visible range of Earth in 2029.

cut to the chase:

Predicting Apophis encounters in 2029 and 2036 JPL page

Using criteria developed in this research, new measurements possible in 2013 (if not 2011) will likely confirm that in 2036 Apophis will quietly pass more than 49 million km (30.5 million miles; 0.32 AU) from Earth on Easter Sunday of that year (April 13).

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
It should be fine, I think (from off the top of my head - not got much time left and am trying to remember the article) this has to go past Jupitor which is our protector as any asteroids coming from the direction of the asteroid belt will either crash into Jupitor or be greatly thrown off course by Jupitors massive gravitational pull. It's the only reason earth has survived for so long. Sleep eaasy

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by farther84

The program that is currently in use to calculate the future orbits of asteroids takes into account the effects of all the planets.. It is not going to collide with Jupiter... sorry..

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Hmmmm... Ive been reading alot about this it seems as though they are just trying to make the world feel better by saying it is not a threat and 30 years isn't a long time... ive read that they won't be totally sure about an impact until the close encounter in 2029 then there will only be 7 years to react, i also think that 30 years is not enough time for something to be done about it.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Just a suggestion . . . I say we try and make it past the next 4-8 years in one piece . . . then we can worry about the sky falling

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psychopump

Originally posted by masqua

I can´t help but wonder if this typo was intentional...

sure appears to be intentional... i submit that the 'd' keystroke is normally done with the middle left hand finger...

where as the 't' is normally keystroked with the left hand pointer finger.

therefore "thread" versus "threat",
must be either an intellectual play or a unconscious 'slip'...

~some 2 years of digging...... wow, you are tenacious

~~`~~

doesn't the discovery of Apophis, and its orbit somehow correlate with the book of Revelations account of a 'mountain' falling into the sea...

top topics

join