It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Communication and the Evolution Homo Sapiens IS Now Underway

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
What sort of things is your friend experiencing and what do you think is the source of it? Certainly not AA's technique...

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
Originally posted by mazzroth
I think I may have opened something, AA how do you shut it down Im experiencing up pleasant thoughts and I dont like it.

This is not denying ignorance! This is messing peoples lives up!

[edit on 5-1-2007 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I just wanted to add, that I too do better with the color technique. Nothing bad has happened to me.

One thing that I was curious about - what did the four numbers represent? The ones around the flower of life? I didn't quite get what that was all about?

Anyone know?

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Will the mods please act on this. I've said it from the start and i'll say it again... this isn't natural.

As LoneGunMan said, misuse of tone or 'brainwave' generators can lead to some horrific mental effects. There is scientific proof that some of these tone generators can replicate the after effects of '___' and heroin.

AA should be held accountable if he has harmed someone with his false methods.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheDeck
What sort of things is your friend experiencing and what do you think is the source of it? Certainly not AA's technique...

It is not the person I just quoted. My friend is not doing well at all. I have heard victims when they are at there wits end and this person is there.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
I stated that nearly word for word early on in this topic and was cautioned by the mods for questioning his mental stability... i guess we aren't allowed to do that so i'd be careful.

I understand that fooffstarr but it just ticks me off that some people have to spread such lies around about the topic of UFO's. It's hard enough as so as it is to research the topic and weed through all the non-sense that the skeptics spew without ridiculous things like this. Sure, I could just avoid this thread altogether but that still does not stop, nor does it revearse, the damage thats being done to the cause. My apologies to the mods...

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MooneyBravo

I stated that nearly word for word early on in this topic and was cautioned by the mods for questioning his mental stability... i guess we aren't allowed to do that so i'd be careful.

I understand that fooffstarr but it just ticks me off that some people have to spread such lies around about the topic of UFO's. It's hard enough as so as it is to research the topic and weed through all the non-sense that the skeptics spew without ridiculous things like this. Sure, I could just avoid this thread altogether but that still does not stop, nor does it revearse, the damage thats being done to the cause. My apologies to the mods...

I agree with you whole heartedly... as i said you nearly quoted me in your post!

I am what i call a 'conservative believer'... in which i acknowledge there is definitely something causing all this, whether terrestrial craft or otherwise. I am open minded towards abductees and i even read a bit into the whole 'from a different dimension' theories... but there is a line between interesting and demeaning.

If the UFO community want to be taken seriously by the world they have to put their foot down on unproven outlandish claims, and work at debunking the hoaxes and analyzing the proof.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Anyone can sit and meditate. Anyone can practice visualization, yoga meditation, regressive hypnosis, etc., but to net results from these practices takes patience, openness, diligence, skill and sustained effort.

I'm not sure what your friend is experiencing, but there may be latent factors there that are causing this distress.

Can you say what is happening, and what you think created this mental distress with your friend?

It's a bit of an alarmist extreme to say AA is hurting anyone. He is merely suggesting to people that they can have experiences by sitting and meditating.

And there are any number of more powerful meditations proffered by Buddhist and zen adherents, and tone cds sold by metaphysical retailers...

It's important not to make too much out of this when it takes a lot of time and effort to reap rewards from these type of techniques. Taking acid works much faster...

I'm just saying that there may have been latent causes other than meditation that is causing your friend's distress.

I DO know that great discoveries and personal growth sometimes come with a degree of uncertainty, trepidation and sometimes hardship before rewards are realized...

Sincere and diligent meditators, for example in Tibetan Buddhist sects, experience visions in deeper meditations that can be alarming, disturbing, or pleasant and sometimes euphoric, but they are only visions and meditators are told to move past these ephemeral images to their ultimate goal.

The ultimate goal being an understanding of the void, or egolessness. I've never experienced it, so I can't comment on that...

It has also been said that in these deeper and more powerful meditation sessions that having a guide is ideal, so they can point out and explain the experiences, etc., that one has on the journey...

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The meditation isn't the problem.

Tone generators can have side effects if used in large doses. I believe that this may be the case with anyone experiencing negative effects from AA's 'method'.

I am imploring anyone trying this to discontinue it until it is ascertained what exactly the problem is.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Tone generators can cause dizziness in the extreme cases.

Otherwise there doesn't seem to be anything I can find that supports the idea that listening to different tone levels harms a person.

There IS a caution against listening to certain tones if you're epilectic, but that same caution exists for certain movies and video games...

People fear what they don't understand, and people really don't have an in-depth understanding of tones.

These are just sounds - they're not drugs. Again, if you really want a fast and potentially damaging "trip" take acid.

I dare any scientist to step in and put forth a case as to how or why listening to a tone that you can't hear can harm someone.

I don't mean to be argumentative, but it's important not to cause alarm where there is no reason to do so...

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
A tone generator called Brainwave has the ability to replicate the effects of '___' trips and various other drugs. All this only using a specific tone in your ears.

Whats to say that the tone AA has given does not have harmful side effects as well?

Might i add that these effects won't appear on everybody. They only seem to effect a minority. That is why i believe the people that say they feel mentally unstable or emotionally confused after using this tone, because it is quite possible that it has caused it.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I'm not a mental health professional, but I have years of experience exploring my own mind, both through spiritual means, and through recreational drug use (emancipate yourself from mental slavery...hehe).

I will confess that I've used just about every drug you can think of at some point on my journey, I've listened to self-hypnosis tapes and cds, and cds with tones covering the spectrum since I was in high school, and I've meditated, at times intensely, for over twenty years.

If there were a test on the endurance and stability of the human mind (and body lol), then I've taken that test.

I know what effects drugs have on the body and mind, and I know what effects meditation, visualization, self-hypnosis and to some extent tones have on the mind and body - and there is nothing here for anyone to fear who doesn't already have epilepsy (I have no idea to what extent this becomes a problem), or a pre-existing mental condition.

I think the mention of drugs will draw gasps and incredulity from those who haven't tried them, but that is to be expected.

I just want to make it known that there are subjects and experiences that elicit an unnecessary amount of hype, misinformation and fear, but it all stems from a lack of understanding.

Believe me, if simply generating a tone could recreate the effects of '___' or any other recreational drug it would be more closely scrutinized by the government and other interested parties.

I would also furiously be generating tones like you wouldn't believe...kidding!

Seriously, there's no reason to become unnecessarily alarmed here when there hasn't been a single documented case of someone being injured or harmed by listening to tones (of course, now watch, someone will produce an article...lol).

I have, and I know there are many others who have tried these techniques and no one has come out saying they've been injured or harmed in any way.

If someone has experiences that they are apprehensive of, then that is a different matter. But it's important not to cause alarm unnecessarily...

Lonegunman, from what I've read, is sincere. However, these threads have been running a long time, and have had a lot of visitors and nothing has shown cause for alarm...

Of course I will say - interestedalways - some very interesting experiences there...

[edit on 5-1-2007 by OnTheDeck]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I would produce the article if i could find it again.

I have read it and i'm sure i can dig it up again. A study was done using these tone generators and a percentage of the study group suffered emotional confusion, hallucinations and other effects from prolonged exposure to certain frequencies.

If you don't believe me about the effects these things can have:

Taken from a list of 'plugins' for a generator:

'___' simulator
Indian Trips with Ghansfield Effect
'Lighting the way'
'twitchy'
'insanity to humanity'
'total feelings'
'euphoric'

They are just a few of the promised effects these things can give... all using just a tone in your ears, and i assure you that they sadly work. I've only tested a couple for research purposes, and they do cause some strange things to happen.

And before you ask for the link to this generator and it's list as proof, i won't post the link because of the danger i believe these programs can cause. If you are desperate to see my source ask me to U2U the link to you.

As far as causing undue alarm... LoneGunMan came to me personally for help not long ago because no one was listening to him in this thread that something had gone wrong. His friend that he mentioned early in the topic that was trying this method has had a complete personality change since she has been doing it. That is not normal, and don't blame it on the 'greys', that issue is irrelevant here... i'm discussing scientific problems.

Not to mention Mazzroth's somewhat desperate plea for help because whatever he had done had unlocked something in his brain that was distressing him. I think those 2 accounts in themselves are enough to have this technique reviewed and removed.
[edit on 5-1-2007 by fooffstarr]

[edit on 5-1-2007 by fooffstarr]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I just wanted to throw this thought out for the consumption of the members....

Concerning the title of the thread:

"Alien Communication and the Evolution Homo Sapiens IS Now Underway"

**** Just a thought, but a very relevent one.
Perhaps the evolution of humanity is absolutley necessary for human and alien communications.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Very agressive AA.

Your friends told you I was a fruitcake? How convenient being that the stream is a part of your own brain.

What if my friends told me that you were a fruitcake? What if I was pulling your chain to confirm what I believe about you.

It's very easy to come up with statements like these you see. You have all this concrete evidence, yet do not post any of it. In effect all you are doing is leading people into suggesting and fooling themselves.

Oh but I forgot, ET information requires a specific key doesn't it?

Your key is self trickery.

I am of the opinion that AA is trying to lead people into fooling themselves to gain a backing for some purpose. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt at first and I have followed this thread from the very beginning. You have constantly avoided direct questioning and dissapeared at every convenient time.

I'm sure you will respond to this post by calling me a fruitcake and acting in a childish manner. You can keep stamping your feet all you like. I'm not going to stoop to your level.

I really think that you are hoping for someone to trick themselves into an idea that you really like so you can jump on the bandwagon and say 'hey thats what I'm talking about!' in the guise of credibility.

If you are genuine you would have at least one piece of factual information.

As for the U2U's it wasn't very ethical for me to post and I have changed my mind regarding posting the rest in the public board. If members are really interested in how childish and aggressive you can be, they can U2U me and the rest will be displayed via private message.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MooneyBravo

Originally posted by Gunney
Have you ever considered that you might be a paranoid shizophrenic?
[edit on 13/12/2006 by Gunney]

You hit the nail right on the head with that statement. I really cannot believe that anybody with an IQ greater than that of an artichoke would believe any of AA's dribble. This is exactly the kind of dumbness that gives the UFO truthseekers a bad name...period!

[edit on 5-1-2007 by MooneyBravo]

So now not only do you feel compelled to insult AA, but also the other posters who consider his words. My IQ is irrelevent. I find my mind to be more desireable than yours because I don't even care if this is true or not, or even if AA is making it all up or not. I played with it and seem to have achieved results so your statement about this giving UFO truthseekers a bad name is simply your opinion. To me it has peaked my interest. We are all different.

You know when I read this thread I did not even slightly expect any results I thought it would be fun and something different, like the figure 8 color head thing. And it was, still had no expectations of contact with anything, just foolin around. Well, I have had some results having done the deal, unexpectedly. Maybe that is a key. Perhaps if an expectation exists it blocks the potential because you expecting and not allowing. I didn't want any trippy stuff I just checked out the thread mentioned by a friend and it has opened my eyes to something paranormal that I wouldn't have believed if I didn't play around and if I didn't need it to be true. Just playing. You get so serious that you can't recieve or be accessed. You are predetermining the results. So you aren't getting any.

Your comment about people believing this having the IQ of a artichoke? Well, do you think people have to be really smart to participate? Do you really believe that an experimental thread would make the "real world" think that anyone interested in exploring outside of their constraints without judgement area stupid and give a bad name to UFO (which isn't even being discussed) a bad name?

You don't even have the proper subject. We aren't talking about UFO's . Unidentified Flying Objects at all, did you even read the thread.

Keep your mind open to all the possiblities, whatever is or isn't gonna happen is more likely with a mind which is not so negative. So what even if he made the whole thing up, it still created mental pockets for new thought if you let it without expecting a text book version of the exchange.
Roll with it. If nothing, no harm, right? If something, cool.

Maybe this *stream* whatever doesn't want to play with you because you are mean and disrespectful.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   

As LoneGunMan said, misuse of tone or 'brainwave' generators can lead to some horrific mental effects. There is scientific proof that some of these tone generators can replicate the after effects of '___' and heroin.

Please link this so called proof so we can review it.
I used to do research focused on neurophysiology and am interested to read this literature.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Are you all implying that the tones are creating an effect that resembles the effects of acid? Cool, pineal gland anyone?

My mind is effected in response to the physical phenomena that keeps showing up.

I am over the idea of the whole let's be friends little aliens and play mind games. I really don't intend to spend too much time seeking answers that are not yet available. I wish if there is something to be done here it will reveal itself because it is important to my comfort level to be able to find a mental file to put everything in its place.

Nothing we do or don't do will have much bearing on the end result, except to expresss what we are. Cause chances are when we get to a place of acceptance of the unknowable, it will then be known and something new will be the next big thing to rock our world.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Found something similar if not the same.

Is this the Brainwave Generator you speak of?

www.bwgen.com...

Its gives a strong warning on this.

The following people should not use brain entrainment products like BrainWave Generator:

* People subject to any forms of seizures or epilepsy
* People using pacemakers
* People suffering from cardiac arrhythmia or other heart disorders
* People taking stimulants, psychoactive drugs, or tranquilizers

And from the link that took me there.

The upshot of it is, you pump the sound into your brain via your ipod, and you sleep deeply or just relax, feel like you've had too much coffee, generate lost time, or even like you're getting a tooth drilled. And yes, there's also sexual stimulation, sexual simulation, and '___' simulation

forevergeek.com...

Enjoy....

More info.
lunarsight.com...

[edit on 6-1-2007 by Denied]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Denied's posted quote says '___' "simulation". You can buy new age cds that play music and have tones in the background to relax, or boost self-confidence, or quit smoking...

I think the subject of tones injuring people can be put to rest for now. If anyone has an '___' trip, or becomes sexually stimulated listening to tones, please report the frequency you were listening to, so we can all take a whack at it.

I dare anyone to listen to any tone, or tone cd and to TRY to experience something. I'm afraid the Monroe Institute are using tones as a gimmick and money making scheme.

Tone cds and self-hypnosis cds, although able to affect some listeners to a small degree (that could also be confused with "self-suggestion"), are mostly ineffective - save for possibly epileptics, or individuals with unstable or fragile mental conditions.

The truth is, if these things were likely to truly occur in the individual listening to these tones, and at levels that were undeniable and verifiable, then these new age cd makers and the Monroe Institute would have broken astonishing scientific ground.

Tones could then feasibly be used to treat diseases (I realise to some extent this exists in the health industry) and perform other astonishing feats - but that is not happening.

It's important for people with the health problems indicated to use caution, but these specific claims of '___' "simulation" and sexual stimulation coincidentally are great marketing tool for the companies who sell tone cds...

Unless a mental health professional, or some health professional can come on here and either provide verifiable, factual data on physical or mental injury resulting from listening to tones, or who can prove that "simulated" '___' experiences or sexual stimulation are bad for you, then I think we can leave this train of thought for now.

In AA's case, you can't even hear the tone. To me, there are tones, distortion, microwaves, RF frequencies and other inaudible junk floating around that could potentially have similar negative effects on these same fragile individuals.

But for most of us, these tones will not, and have not in the life of this thread, produced harmful or injurious effects...

I would like to get back on track and ask AA and posters a couple of questions:

AA, what do your contacts say about the apparent ineffectiveness of your techniques with regard to the majority of the posters here?

Posters, has anyone had any significant experiences (aside from interestedalways) with these techniques?

As I said before, there have been thousands of views of AA's two threads, but only one or two people posting experiences.

And the posters experiencing these things aren't positive they have to do with the technique...? What does this say?

You can virtually offer any technique to 65,000 people, and one or two of them might have anomalous experiences. These could be "suggestions", or maybe as a result from using the technique, but of what true value are those odds?

AA said that for everyone it would be different - just do the techniques. Well, it seems for the majority the "effect" is a non-change in the status quo. The effect has been to simply engage in the technique, notice nothing, and look for someone to post an experience...

I'm not coming down on you, AA. These threads have been up since October 16, 2006. Do these techniques take a year to come to fruition?

If that's the case, then this is tantamount to going to a meditation retreat and meditating on a regimen for months...I don't think people had planned to engage on a months long meditation retreat to net results...

So, back to my question to you, AA, do your contacts have any comments on the null results that these three techniques have netted?

I don't want you to feel attacked. That's not my intent. But I'm really curious what your contacts think about what's happening here, and what sort of things they see as happening as a result of people trying these techniques...

Thanks in advance for answering...

[edit on 6-1-2007 by OnTheDeck]

[edit on 6-1-2007 by OnTheDeck]

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join