It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF "Pain Gun"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I would hate to be on the receiving end of this. Its goes on to say the soldiers that it was tested on found it very painful. It says it shoots a 94GHz millimeter wave. Is this a lot? Can someone explain how this works?

www.engadget.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Event Horizon
I would hate to be on the receiving end of this. Its goes on to say the soldiers that it was tested on found it very painful. It says it shoots a 94GHz millimeter wave. Is this a lot? Can someone explain how this works?

www.engadget.com...

I believe this is their new Microwave toy, it uses a soft microwave burst to cause a burning sensation around the skin, prolonged exposure will cause burning and blistering.

This is said to be incredibly painful and most people will do anything to get out of the way of this beem. It should break up crowds easily. It should be illegal to use domestically i feel.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
It uses directed wave lengths that penetrates you skin and hits your nerve endings throughout your body. You have to be in the path of that big satilite looking thing in order to be in its line of fire. Pretty cool.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   
JackJuice
Why should it be illegal to use in the USA, but ok to use it in for example Iraq?
*cough*Double Standards *Cough*

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by northwolf
JackJuice
Why should it be illegal to use in the USA, but ok to use it in for example Iraq?

Yes double standards. We already have laws about using the military domestically, we've got to keep our checks and balances. The US citizens could defeat the police of this country if we had to, i dont think we could the military though..

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Yes but if something is not suitable against rioters in USA, how can it be ok to use it against rioters elsewhere?

It's just insane that you elevate yourelves so high above others...

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Dude it's called political sensitivity, pain in the arse "civil rights groups" and frivolous lawsuits approved by liberal judges. It's more political in nature and the USG looking out for it's A rather than any "elevated standard".

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by northwolf

*coughs* scared of the new pain gun *coughs*

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
If it has over 600m range, then i'm scared... out to 600m i think i can break that toy if needed

But seriously, using a Riot control system abroad, while you cannot use it at home is low, but hey that's just my opinion... Military weapons are another story.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
On the flipside, we can use tear gas domestically, but its "chemical warfare" if it's used on foreign crowds, acoording to various watchdog groups.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
If it is used on U.S. citizens, it is like using it on the country its self. Who makes a weapon to shoot them selves with? This could be the concept behind using it in other countries and not in the U.S.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Or maybe in crowds like Iraq there are people with bombs strapped to them and people willing to shoot our people with guns. Not too many suicide bombers in US riot crowds.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Yeah, this is true.

But i still dont get exactly how the gun works. Is it like the one that shoots high frequency noises to disperse a crowd? What exactly does it do?

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It shoots out an intense beam of electromagnetic radiation which penetrates about 1/64th of an inch into your skin. Upon contact with your skin it excites the water molecules so it make you feel like you're burning alive, and it make you quickly get out of the way. I guess prolonged exposure might cause some problems but other than that it's the equivalent of getting a sun burn.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
It shoots out an intense beam of electromagnetic radiation which penetrates about 1/64th of an inch into your skin. Upon contact with your skin it excites the water molecules so it make you feel like you're burning alive, and it make you quickly get out of the way. I guess prolonged exposure might cause some problems but other than that it's the equivalent of getting a sun burn.

whered you find that info??

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
From various articles and television programs but here is excerpt if you're interested.

AFRL says that the 3-millimetre wavelength radiation penetrates only 0.3 millimetres into the skin, rapidly heating the surface above the 45 �C pain threshold. At 50 �C, they say the pain reflex makes people pull away automatically in less than a second - it's said to feel like fleetingly touching a hot light bulb. Someone would have to stay in the beam for 250 seconds before it burnt the skin, the lab says, giving "ample margin between intolerable pain and causing a burn".

Link

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
thank you for explaining that to me.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackJuice

Originally posted by Event Horizon

www.engadget.com...

I believe this is their new Microwave toy, it uses a soft microwave burst to cause a burning sensation around the skin, prolonged exposure will cause burning and blistering.

This is said to be incredibly painful and most people will do anything to get out of the way of this beem. It should break up crowds easily. It should be illegal to use domestically i feel.

Illegal to make it doemstic! so its finw aslong as americans dont have it used on them!

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by daveyp1986

Illegal to make it doemstic! so its finw aslong as americans dont have it used on them!

Yup, pretty much. Then again as stated by ttseeker most of the times our protests even the ones that turn violent arent filled with people carrying firearms. It really has nothing to do with Americans thinking higher of themselves or me in my case. Its more like this weapon shouldn't be used on the people that paid for it to be built.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I would imagine they could quite easily produce a lethal version - crank up the juice and use an appropriate frequency and you'll cook victims where they stand.

The device could also have broader military applications if the microwaves are able to penetrate armor. No need to destroy a tank with ordinance when with the press of a button you can melt the occupants' eyeballs and boil their brains inside their skulls.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join