It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas JIHAD Suspect Arrested In Alleged Illinois Terror Plot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Christmas Terror

Wow it is christmas already, and now we have a nutball terrorist wanting to kill shoppers with grenades. I am sure we will be seeing more of this but.... I hope we dont lets cross our fingers and hope this is a one time deal...

CHICAGO A 22-year-old Rockford man with an ambition to become a terrorist has been arrested by federal authorities on allegations that he planned to set off grenades in garbage cans in a mall in Rockford.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
So ... terrorism is just something made up by the Bush administration? It doesn't exist? Radical Muslims aren't on a jihad against those who worship differently? There aren't any terrorists in the USA? It's overblown?

Looks like those who think that just got a really big early Christmas gift - a dose of REALITY. Terrorism is real and it's a real threat.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

So ... terrorism is just something made up by the Bush administration? It doesn't exist? Radical Muslims aren't on a jihad against those who worship differently? There aren't any terrorists in the USA? It's overblown?

I agree, so terrorists arent out to get the united states? Terrorism doesnt exist? The WTC bombing didnt happen? No one aggrivated the 9-11 attack on the twin towers? Nothing happened with Timothy MCveigh? Is the person trying to state that terrorism is only a "concept" and nothing more? I dont think so.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Quite a funny plan i must say, how can you set of greanades remotly while in dust bin

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This sounds like just a case of a lone nutjob, not an officially organized terror plot. Just a misguided young, angry guy that got himself all keyed up thinking it would be cool to be a terrorist. Some people sure are a bunch of spineless followers.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This looks more like a lone wolf type of attack than part of a coordinated plan, or even the actions of an al-qaida cell or cell of sympathizers.

He was charged with one count of count of attempting to damage or destroy a building by fire or explosion and one count of attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction, authorities said. If convicted, the first charge carries a maximum sentence of life in prison, while the second carries a minimum of five years in prison and a maximum of 40.

?
I understand life for attempted arson, you can kill lots of people through arson.

But only 40 years for attempting to use a 'weapon of mass destruction'???? Why shouldn't it be the same, or worse, than arson?
I mean, at least with arson, the intent is to destroy property. But a weapon only exists to kill people.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Send this young Islamofascist off to Gitmo for a few years of " Questioning " so we can make sure he wasnt part of a larger plot.

Just gos to show we can never afford to become complacent, well atleast not for the next few decades anyways.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
I agree, so terrorists arent out to get the united states? Terrorism doesnt exist? The WTC bombing didnt happen? No one aggrivated the 9-11 attack on the twin towers? Nothing happened with Timothy MCveigh? Is the person trying to state that terrorism is only a "concept" and nothing more? I dont think so.

haha! if thats the case europe is about to be wiped off the damn globe!

In the last few centuries, europe has commited more crimes against humanity than all other nations COMBINED! I think they damn sure deserve to suffer for it.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Might be time for you to brush up on your history Brother, ill give you a couple of clues .......

Mao Ze-Dong 49,000,000 dead during the great leap forward and the cultural revolution.

Jozef Stalin 13,000.00 dead during the purges.

But besides if we where to Run around punishing todays people for crimes of by gone eras we would not acheive much positives would we ??

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22/12/2006 by Mirthful Me]

top topics

join