It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston: Wii have a Problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Sources:
thelede.blogs.nytimes.com...
www.wiihaveaproblem.com...

Video:
www.youtube.com...

Nintendo is highlighting some tips for using its Wii gaming console and its special remote. One tip for those in the same room as a Wii user: duck.

Kid with one Heck of an arm:
www.wiihaveaproblem.com...

It wont be long until soneone gets really injured and lawsuits follow
Any Accidents anyone out there in ATS have to report?

[edit on 12/8/2006 by a1ex]

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Honeslty how hard do you swing a remote Wii controller to pierce a hole on
a TV's plastic casing? specially if playing bowling? baseball ok but bowling?

I personally think the 1st pic is exxagerated? or cheap wa11mart TV...

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by a1ex
Honeslty how hard do you swing a remote Wii controller to pierce a hole on
a TV's plastic casing? specially if playing bowling? baseball ok but bowling?

I personally think the 1st pic is exxagerated? or cheap wa11mart TV...

You couldn't throw a remote hard enough to pierce through plastic on the side of a TV. Maybe a small dent or a small crack, but no kind of hole what so ever. There's been exaggerated cases of mishaps from all three major companies, so don't believe everything you see.

The japanese instructions on how to use the Wii are pretty funny, they have things like don't pour half of a two liter of orange soda on your Wii (I don't think that's exactly what it said, but it's in Japanese and it has pictures).

Also i don't want to sound like a jerk or anything, but it's Houston not Huston.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I'm glad people aren't blaming Nintendo for all these problems. It's not really their fault, but I do hope they come out with a stronger wrist strap by the time I have the money to buy one.

I've decided to call that girl in the video the Crazy Wii Boxing Girl. I'm fairly certain she's the next Inter-web phenomenon. I want to see someone edit the video, and make her look like a real boxer. That'd be hilarious.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   

The japanese instructions on how to use the Wii are pretty funny, they have things like don't pour half of a two liter of orange soda on your Wii (I don't think that's exactly what it said, but it's in Japanese and it has pictures).

Also i don't want to sound like a jerk or anything, but it's Houston not Huston.

yeah here are some:

apc

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Pan7cho7

Hah! I had a Japanese AA battery once that carried the warning label "Do not recharge. Do not throw at the creature. Not a significant source of vitamin C." ahhhh... good times.

If anything that first video has taught me that smoking crack before playing your Wii is only a good idea if your being videotaped.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I am SO glad I game on a pc.

Lex

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   

That last one was great!

"Sorry Timmy, you can't play the Wii in here. This is a room full of ninjas.

Not a significant source of Vitamin C?!? Darn, I guess now we have to start drinking orange juice again.

I know that Japanese people aren't as stupid as these instructions make it seem, why do need to be told not to eat batteries, or play the Wii in a room full of black ninjas?

Just to clarify for all you Wii owners out there: A room full of white ninjas is perfectly acceptable for playing the wii.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
What's the official stance on Native American Ninjas ?
Sorry, that was too easy to pass up.

Gonna go retire my obi, now...

Lex

apc

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I interpret the last one to mean,

"Just because you kick butt on Wii does not mean you can take on a bunch of ninjas."

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
What's the official stance on Native American Ninjas ?
Sorry, that was too easy to pass up.

Gonna go retire my obi, now...

Lex

Native American Ninjas???

Where do I apply?

I've always wanted to be a ninja, and my great great grandma was nearly 100% cherokee.

AWESOME!!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a wii would be great to have around just to watch ppl act a fool lol

and i thought my lil bro got into the game...

everything is wireless now... kinda scares me.

I've got a friend that is notorious for throwing the remote...

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Oh man, those pictures are great. Just too funny.

I guess that why I'm against Wii. When I'm gaming I want to be on the couch in laying in a horizontal postion. I don't need to be making sudden movements. Could end up spilling my beer.:w:

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Hahaha, those instruction manuel pics are priceless.

I honestly never knew that I couldn't play one in a room full of ninjas, guess that makes me Wiitarded.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I have a Wii, and it really doesnt take that much movement to successfully control the player. If you are breaking someone's nose or TV screen because you are swinging your arms around like a maniac, you are indeed a maniac.

top topics

join