It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Hare Airport UFO Sighting -- UPDATE: Photos & Analysis

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Hi jritzmann,
You beat me to it. I have been working the angles of all the pictures that had surfaced so far and came to the same conclusion. However, I will go into it further when I get home and post other info I found. Can't do it from work.
Anyway, here are some links that I posted earlier. This should help you figure out some vectors. I'm new here but have been following the great work done here at ATS by all.
Anyway:
This is Terminal 5 where you can see the Hilton shown in the small insert map:
www.flychicago.com...
This is the phone# at O'Hare Hilton Hotel 773-686-8000

This is Terminal 1 (Concourse C) & you can see Gate C17:
www.flychicago.com...

And two more:
www.flychicago.com...
www.flychicago.com...

Also, found the visitor's guide which has all these maps and it clearly shows the full layout of the airport including Gate C17 and the Hilton on page 4:
www.flychicago.com...

I had a very similar idea for a presentation. I think yours is very good to explain your findings. Question. Do you believe that all these pictures are showing runway 4R? At least that is the conclusion I came up with.

[edit on 093131p://010754 by HectorRmz]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Can i make some kind of stupid concept?

Why dont you just call to the airport and ask for some mechanic that worked in the area near the object was seen?

Then, you ask him: are you the mechanic that was "parking" the Boeing and witnessed the UFO ?

If he says : yes, bla bla bla

Then you go: i have a possible pic, can i send it to you so you can corroborate the object in it?

And thats it. All with a couple of calls.

Sorry for my english. I know it sounds stupid, but i hope you get the concept, i cant explain it better because of my languague issues.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I'm glad I found this site....

I do believe that people saw a UFO at o'Hare, but this picture doesn't impress me. This picture is nothing but a SMALL grey blotch...

it is true that it takes no skill to edit a pick like this... but you will always leave your mark on the picture once you save it in ex.) adobe.

this is the one thing that gives this photo any legitimacy.

This picture just bothers me... it is a brutal photo... nothing is clear...
If this is the smoking gun... than we all might as well join FIGU and promote Meier's POS photos...

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
hrm, its a wonder why no one has suggested this before. But the problem is convincing the guy that you are from ATS not some govt. agency trying to suppress the truth. hrm.

if someone could get hold of the people on the runway at that time that would be great but i dont think that the airport would be willing to give up the details.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orion437
Can i make some kind of stupid concept?

Why dont you just call to the airport and ask for some mechanic that worked in the area near the object was seen?

United Airlines Inc. (O'Hare)(800) 241-6522

One would need to ask to be transfered to the maintenance dept. However, I think with all the publicity, it would have to be someone with clout. Their not going to talk to Joe Blow from the street. Maybe one of our admins?

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Found another map of the Hilton hotel but, just like Google maps, it seems to be pointing to an empty area at the airport West of Coleman Dr. www.chicagotraveler.com...

So just for clarification. The Hilton Hotel is inside the main airport hub. How did the Japanese fellow take the congestion picture unless he crossed over to the other side of the terminals? Aren't airport workers the only ones allowed on that side? Of course he could have taken the picture from a windows at Concourse H,K, or L. That would be the closest angle to photograph runway 4R.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
One of the eye witnesses has posted here. He could be looking at the photos. It would be up to him to post again. Wonder why he has not.

The possible conclusion that the ufo photo puts it in the wrong spot does not help it's authenticity.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I totally agree. It is in fact a great picture. Real or fake, done by a highly skilled proffesional or not, it does seem to be over the wrong runway.

Be back in an hour. I'm leaving work and headed home.

[edit on 093131p://010741 by HectorRmz]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by unarmed
Sorry guys, if it already had been posted, but this seems to be another pic of O'Hare:

I found that image almost identical as the one in wikipedia (obviously, without the ufo):

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Postal76
I think depending on your vantage point, the dark part of the drop can appear to be the top or the bottom.

I found few photos taken in rainy weather condition (cropped versions):

and again, alleged "O'Hare UFO" photo (cropped):

Nobody see similarity?

[edit on 25-1-2007 by sergejsh]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Sorry for the name. Just some of the comments posted here have been making my blood boil. I come to contribute information.

First of all, I work at O'Hare and did see the object. I was located on the airfield near Mannheim road. I even had a camera in the car, but did not think of taking a picture. My first reaction was "Huh.. that looks very strange, almost like a UFO. But oh well." and just continued on my business. I didn't think anything of it until weeks later... someone in our office circulated an email of the UFO sighting from some fringe website. I laughed at first, diddn't think anything of it. I never really hit me until I saw some sketeches on TV of the object, and I was like damn. I've seen tht object.

Anyway, I came across this site after doing a Google search. I think I visited once before during the 'Aussie Bloke' boondoggle. I've been reading the forums for the last little while and my blood has been boiling to the point where I just gave up and created a user account, hence the name. First of all that idiotic picture here posted by 000000 is fake. The object I saw looked nothing like it, wrong location, too far up, and not as distinct.

Secondly, I have no doubt in my mind that several pictures and video exists. I mean it was up in the sky for a significant amount of time. This bull about United employees not coming forward due to losing their job is a load of ****. The real reason is the pilots are probably in negotiations with the media to sell their photos and videos to the highest biddier. Just my two cents. I'm not a airline employee.

Lastly, I did see a link to a downloadable image posted in this thread that did look like the object I saw. Although it was not from the same vantage point, I was much farther away. This image of the UFO looked very similar in shape, location, and color to the object I saw. Having said that, it looks much bigger and not as high up in the sky as I remember it. But I was a fair distance away and only glanced at the object for about 15 or 20 seconds so.

There is also a possibility that what I saw was not the ufo but the hole in the sky it left, can't tell and I'll never know for sure. However I was driving around the same time the objct was reported.

Who knows.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Yikes, sorry for the grammar.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Hi You guys are idiot

Welcome to ATS.

So you don't work for the airlines You probably work in the airport right? With your story, I am sure most of the members will be asking some evidence from you to support your claim.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
You guys are idiots

Thanks for stopping in and the info.

The road you speak of (Mannheim), where is it located at the airport?

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
You guys are idiots? Welcome and could you give a link to that UFO photo that you were referring to?
You said:
"Lastly, I did see a link to a downloadable image posted in this thread that did look like the object I saw."
Could you let us know which download that was or describe the photo for us so we can look it up?

[edit on 25-1-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching_for_truth
Hi You guys are idiot

Welcome to ATS.

So you don't work for the airlines You probably work in the airport right? With your story, I am sure most of the members will be asking some evidence from you to support your claim.

I have no evidence. I'm an independent consultant working on a $400 million program currently underway at O'Hare. It's highly unclassified. I work in an office just north of the terminal building and was on my way there after doing some field work at the time of this incident.

Thanks for the welcome anyway.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
You guys are idiots

Thanks for stopping in and the info.

The road you speak of (Mannheim), where is it located at the airport?

The road immediately east of the airport. It runs along the airport's entire eastern boundary.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
YouGuysareIdiots:
Mannhiem rd, were you between E Oakton st and E Touhy ave? If you can give me an exact location, and tell me what direction you were looking when you saw this, we'd all appriciate it.

link   

Originally posted by You guys are idiots

I have no evidence. I'm an independent consultant working on a $400 million program currently underway at O'Hare. It's highly unclassified. I work in an office just north of the terminal building and was on my way there after doing some field work at the time of this incident.

Thanks for the welcome anyway.

Care to tell us what the project is for/about?

We might be able to look it up and verify your story a bit.

link   
Would it be possible for the mods to change my name. Please change it to anything else. It was picked in the heat of the moment, and I regret it.

new topics

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join