It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A thread that may act as a catalyst to denying ignorance?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   

"Esoteric Teacher, why do you flip syllables and words around different ways to make them look like something they are not? it makes no sense whatsoever!"

Go stand in front of someone, and face eachother. Stand directly in front of them, facing them, and ask them to raise their right hand. then raise your right hand. Are your right hands on the same side?

7 Questions for you to ask yourself:

1) How many animals are familiar with their reflection in a mirror?

2) How many animals can acknowledge their own reflection?

3) How many animals can recognize their own reflection?

4) How many single celled organisms can recognize a mirror image?

5) How many single celled organisms can recognize a mirror image?

6) How many single celled organisms can acknowledge and recognize and accept a mirror image for what it is?

7) How many single celled organisms are within you?

I wonder how conscious of my self's subconscious has to be to realize that my brain cells have difficulty exchanging information between them, because the cells that are taking in the information do not have enough empathy to comprehend that the signal they are recieving is a mirror image of the signal sent to them.

the barrier to not being ignorant may lie within our own perceptions, and guarded and protected by our own "opinion", which of course is selfish. how can an opinion not be selfish, when it was started by: "SELF BEFORE I SERVE" aka "SELF PRE-SERVE", and new things are only learned if they can attach to old things that are accepted as true?

I turn the syllables and words around, because the human race is doing it, and too many are not consciously aware that they are doing it. I'm only trying to help you to know yourself, and your own true cognitive abilities. But, if the sum of your experiences and the sum of your opinions has no basis for comparison when judging these words, then you have no knowledge of what it is i am speaking about. there is no basis for comparison throughout your opinion's entire file cabinet of experience, because it is something you have never experienced.

Go stand in front of someone, and face eachother. Stand directly in front of them, facing them, and ask them to raise their right hand. then raise your right hand. Are your right hands on the same side?

7 Questions for you to ask yourself:

1) How many animals are familiar with their reflection in a mirror?

2) How many animals can acknowledge their own reflection?

3) How many animals can recognize their own reflection?

4) How many single celled organisms can recognize a mirror image?

5) How many single celled organisms can recognize a mirror image?

6) How many single celled organisms can acknowledge and recognize and accept a mirror image for what it is?

7) How many single celled organisms are within you?

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Aleph ants like mirrors!

Aleph ants
and
doll fins
and
(i forget the other specie beastie...) :shk:

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
i wonder how electrical impulses inbetween synapses (gaps between brain cells) deliver messages and intent to re-adjust them left/right, etc, to the meaning intended by the cell sending the message?

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Well,as far as I know, the only creatures that actually "recognize t" themselves in the mirror are dolphins and humans... I heard a story here while bcak about an elephant that did it,but...I don't know if that implies that the species as a whole can or not.. I am not sure that humans really recognize themselves for who they really are...

For example, we generally see what we believe to be there..If we think we are ugly, then usually, when we look in a mirror, ugliness is what we see. It doesn't matter how much or how many people try to convince us otherwise...

Another example would be Anorexia Nervosa... They are people who believe that they are fat. Gues what. When they look in the mirror,in their mind's eye, what do they see? A fat person...

Also, one has to take into consideration that a reflected image is not three dimensional; it is two dimensional,so we never get a necessarily accurate representation of what we look like in a mirror,glass, or any other reflective serface.

So, do we recognize ourselves? I mean, do we really recognize ourself? Really?

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Elephants also recognize themselves.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Many animals recognize themselves...I'm not sure I understand where the original poster was trying to go with this?

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Many animals recognize themselves...I'm not sure I understand where the original poster was trying to go with this?

new topics

top topics

join