It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New "impossible" technology - discovery of the millennium?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Imagine being able to find a missing person within minutes by using just a strand of hair of the missing person. Imagine finding anything by using a sample of the object you're looking for. Sounds impossible, doesn't it? A South African man claims that he has the technology to do this.

“Now imagine this: A person disappears, you find a few strands of hair left on a brush, you put those hairs into a gadget and that points out on a map where in the world that person may be.”
“If you get a signature sample of something… let’s call it organic or non-organic… a very small sample. I have developed a method to use that small sample and to create data that I use to search for its origin. So you transmit and you receive.”
Ruda: “Is there anything metaphysical involved? Are you psychic?”

Danie: “I‘m a Christian and I put it clearly… this is science, science, science! That is what is so fantastic about it. It is tied to the science we hear but people didn’t realise it… it’s just science. That’s it.”

Given the massive potential of the invention, Danie refuses to divulge exactly how it works. He says the energy source is his most precious secret.

Source

This claim was showed on a local TV program on Sunday evening. Carte Blanche is a investigative journal program, the biggest name in this type of journalism, possibly in Africa. Their bread and butter is exposing crimes, criminals and doing all kinds of exposés. They will not deliberately air a hoax.

They (the TV crew) put his claims to the test - three times. They hid the camera somewhere in the city, gave Danie Krugel (inventor) a strand of the camera man's hair, and he pinpointed the camera man's location within minutes. They then hid a can of crude oil, and he came within meters of its location. Then they hid harmless bacteria in a neighbourhood, and again, within minutes he more or less had the location.

Now if this is true, imagine the applications. No more missing persons/children. No more criminals on the run (including Osama Bin Laden). No need for crime scene DNA testing anymore. DNA samples can now be used to find the actual perpetrator within minutes. Finding scarce natural resources. Finding harmful bacteria in food before it goes to the shelves. Finding drugs, bombs and other illegal substances. Finding possible biohazards such as Anthrax. The list is endless.

But that doesn't solve the question. How does he do it... Is it really possible!? Hundred years ago people would probably have said inventions such as TV and cellphones are impossible... Yet here we are...

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Nice find Gemwolf.

This technology does seem impossible. It's almost like this is the start of a new type of technology that could basically complete everything we've ever wondered about.

I hope that if this is genuine, and it becomes globally processed and used that it is only used for good and not for another type of a "Big Brother" factor.

Edit: Found link

[edit on 5-12-2006 by 1Crisis]

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
How strange.

Did you see the program?
I was wondering, did he use a device? a Machine of some sort?
He uses the term "create data".
I wonder what he meant?

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1Crisis
Nice find Gemwolf.

Is there a link you could provide for me to read?

Here you go...

Originally posted by 1Crisis
Edit: Found link

[edit on 5-12-2006 by 1Crisis]

Edit: OK

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Did you see the program?
I was wondering, did he use a device? a Machine of some sort?
He uses the term "create data".
I wonder what he meant?

Yeah. He had 3 "hand" cases. 1 of them one of those silver metal cases. They never showed its contents. And one laptop. They didn't really show how he does what he does, just "glimpses". At one stage he stuffed hair into a test-tube. And when he showed where a person/object was he showed it on his laptop, on what looked like a GPS program. Unfortunately they showed very little of the process, and from what I gather they weren't present when he did his trick.

[edit on 5-12-2006 by Gemwolf]

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   
He uses a sample of some kind to get a 'fix' on the person, right?

Then he traces the person using whatever information he's gleaned from the sample.

Sounds like what dogs and suchlike do: use chemical traces to identify and track their quarry. But since there's no 'trail' from the sample to the quarry, we can rule that kind of thing out. Danie can't sniff the whole world, can he?

In fact, the big question here is how the guy obtains quarry information -- chemical traces or whatever -- from a remote location without using some kind of sensor or surveillance apparatus. Does he have a sensor network that covers the whole world, or at least the whole of South Africa?

Eagerly awaiting developments.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I'm going to call this one an elaborate hoax, this does not make sense according to the science that I've been tought. You wont hear of this in the mainstream for a reason.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 06:16 AM
link   
any credible inventor will reveal how his invention works to gain credibility.

My alarm bells started to ring when you said "he refuses to reveal how his invention works". I think this is a trick or hoax.

Even the OP called it a trick!

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   
If this technology exists it would scare the ever loving crud out of me. Can you imagine what would hapen if you didnt want to be found. Shesh. Kinda would make the RFID chip pretty much useless as a tracking device.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Interesting, but unless he tells people how he does it, this is just another trick.

If it is real though, the implications would be tremendous, both for good and evil.

I hope we hear some more on this soon.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   
My memory of what I've ever known of quantum physics is a bit hazy, but isn't there some sort of principle whereby once two particles have been in contact, they remain in contact?

There's also, I believe, research into "quantum computing", primarily for breaking encryption keys that would otherwise take years to discover. I suspect that, if this device is not a hoax, these ideas are involved.

One interpretation of the zero-point energy field is that it contains all information about everything everywhere - it's extracting the data that you want that is the trick.

I'm certainly open to the idea that this is possible. All too often, people who say things are impossible look like idiots less than a century later. We've been doing proper science for only a couple of hundred years, and progress has only really accelerated over the last fifty. Who knows what's just around the corner? We're long overdue a paradigm shift.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   
i lived in south africa for a few years and know that 'carte blanche' wouldnt have been involved in any hoax if they knew it to be so and would have tried to prove it was to their utmost. its a pity that program isnt shown in other countries as it really is an excellent example of investigative journalism, sorely lacking in other countries.

anyway, the guy is utilisng satelite gps technology to find the missing persons. its already being debated on james randi's site... here

would really be interested in knowing how its done though (as im sure would military & police etc)

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
All too often, people who say things are impossible look like idiots less than a century later. We've been doing proper science for only a couple of hundred years, and progress has only really accelerated over the last fifty. Who knows what's just around the corner?

Thats just not true. It rarely happens, its just people remember the times when it doesn and forget the times when people say "thats impossible" and it actually is impossible!

People have made some wild claims over the past hundred years and contemporaries always say "thats impossible" and most of the time it is!

You cant justify a new and unproven theory by saying "well we've been wrong before so maybe we are wrong now" because that could be used to justify any impossible or stupid claim.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
This is truly wild. Lets just hope these people use this technology (if it's real) for good. I think it's wrong to discard something off-hand because it seems to violate our current understanding of science. If you haven't taken the time to watch "What The Bleep Do We Know?" I urge you to do so. There are proved universal phenomena at work that are entirely demonstrable but utterly violate traditional physics. This machine could simply be another example of a quantum phenomenon that is just coming to light.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by gfad

Originally posted by rich23
All too often, people who say things are impossible look like idiots less than a century later.

Thats just not true. It rarely happens, its just people remember the times when it doesn and forget the times when people say "thats impossible" and it actually is impossible!

You cant justify a new and unproven theory by saying "well we've been wrong before so maybe we are wrong now" because that could be used to justify any impossible or stupid claim.

All I said was "all too often". I can't quite believe that you would say something categorical like "that's just not true" about a sentence that begins "all too often". That phrase implies a value judgement, and therefore is not open to "proof" of truth or falsity.

Second, you use the word "unproven" about a theory. Ever since Karl Popper's The Logic of Scientific Discovery, it's been accepted that you actually can't prove a theory, you can only disprove it. Theories are useful for their predictive abilities, but they are not susceptible of proof. Therefore all theories are unproven, and open to replacement.

The history of science has been a process of finding successful descriptive models of nature. First we found the easy ones. As science progressed, scientists were forced to tackle the more subtle and difficult problems. So powerful are our models by now that we often delude ourselves into thinking that we are very clever to have been able to figure out how nature "really" works. We may even imagine that we have achieved "understanding". But on sober reflection we realize that we have simply devised a more sophisticated and detailed description.

The scientific method

Einstein's theories replaced Newton's, and quantum mechanics is at odds with Einstein's theories: it also has implications that people have been arguing about for over sixty years. The phrase I couldn't remember from my first post has just popped into my head, and it's "quantum entanglement".

I'm not trying to say, categorically, that this guy has pulled off anything that we think of as impossible. I'm just trying to say that rushing to judgement about it by simply writing it off as impossible is unwise.

People have made some wild claims over the past hundred years and contemporaries always say "thats impossible" and most of the time it is!

I don't know how you'd quantify the number of times people say "that's impossible" and they're right. For one thing, we're not at the end of history yet, we haven't finished making discoveries about the world, and therefore all we can say for sure is that proposal x was impracticable when it was made, and is still impracticable today. Of course people remember, sometimes, when predictions turn out to be incorrect: two examples, at random, from the first website I found on the subject...

When George Simon Ohm's theory of electricity was published in 1827 in his book "The Galvanic Chain, Mathematically Worked Out," it was called

"a web of naked fancies."

One critic wrote:

"...he who looks on the world with the eye of reverence must turn aside from this book as the result of an incurable delusion, whose sole effort is to detract from the dignity of nature."

The German Minister of Education said that

"...a physicist who professed such heresies was unworthy to teach science."

Source: Hart, Ivor B. Makers of Science. London, Oxford University Press, 1923. p. 243.

Proposal to drive a steamboat by screw-propeller: Sir William Symonds, Surveyor of the British Navy, commented in 1837:

"...even if the propeller had the power of propelling a vessel, it would be found altogether useless in practice, because the power being applied in the stern it would be absolutely impossible to make the vessel steer."

Source: Church, William Conant. The Life of John Ericsson, New York, Charles Scribner's Sons, 1890. p. 90.

Erroneous Predictions

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Oho... the new ATS and the edit post button seems to have gone AWOL. I noticed that I didn't include the source for my first quote, so here it is.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I'm gonna have to throw the BS flag on this one.

If it was true...then why doesn't he patent everything (so no one can copy it), and then he could sell thousands of these 'devices'...which I dont think exist.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
If he can't explain how it works, then its just a trick.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
It`s a scam. A very unbelievable scam, but no doubt people will buy into it.
No doubt some people will get hooked and put money into it.

www.419eater.com

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I believe that this technology is possible. If he can do it is another question.

Everything has a unique vibration and current technologies can monitor these vibrations so if satellites can see these vibrations then anyone or anything can be found or tracked. no need for RFIDs.

[edit on 10-12-2006 by thedangler]

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I'm in agreeance with thedangler.

Honestly, I'm not really suprised. I've been wondering how long it would take for something like this (I've thought of the same idea myself after reading about zero-point). I believe it has something to do with the principle of "folding" the universe through the use of wormholes. If this is the tech he's using, then he may have also figured out the principle behind wormhole navigation.

I, personally, believe that we will fully figure out the zero-point realm in about 5 years... about the same time that novelty theory hit's it's own predicted zero-point.

Pretty kewl find, Gemwolf!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join