It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New "impossible" technology - discovery of the millennium?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Some dowsers can put a substance inside a pendulum and then find that substance on a map. I've seen it done.
Maybe this guy found a way to do the same thing electronically?
It sounds too wild to believe, and it leaves me skeptical. But I'm not going to say "it can't be done" just because it hasn't been done before.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedangler
Everything has a unique vibration and current technologies can monitor these vibrations

what are you talking about...what "vibrations".

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
what are you talking about...what "vibrations".

I don't know if EVERYTHING vibrates, but many solid state materials do vibrate, and the best example is of course crystals. In crystals these modes are called phonons.

In physics, a phonon is a quantized mode of vibration occurring in a rigid crystal lattice, such as the atomic lattice of a solid. The study of phonons is an important part of solid state physics, because phonons play a major role in many of the physical properties of solids, including a material's thermal and electrical conductivities. In particular, the properties of long-wavelength phonons give rise to sound in solids -- hence the name phonon, i.e., voice in Greek. In insulating solids, phonons are also the primary mechanism by which heat conduction takes place.

Source

It's pretty complex physics. I don't know much about it (and few people do) but from what I gather it would be difficult to measure the phonons of anything over a distance...

Large-wavelength crystal vibrations are routinely measured by infrared and Raman spectroscopy, while shorter wavelength vibrations can usually only be examined with more difficult neutron- or x-ray-scattering techniques. Very little is known about effects of isotopic substitution on vibrational frequencies in crystals, so it is almost always necessary to create force-field models to estimate isotope fractionations.

More

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
actually, any matter has some kind of vibration. The only time that matter doesn't vibrate is when it is at a standstill, as in electrons stop rotating around, etc... when atomic (or even smaller) movement stops. Not sure if it's fact or theory, but this happens at a certain freezing point. Can't remember what it is, atm, but I have read somewhere that at this point, the matter actually ceases to exist.

Think about ripples on water as the vibrations. As the ripples collide, they change structure. They interact to form new, more complex vibrations. When 2 vibrations collide, or interact, they form 2 new vibrations that are similar, and can be traced back to each other. This is the simplest way I can put it into visualization.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Guess I could also mention that dowsers basically tune in to these vibrations. They use the water they carry as a source, or "master" vibration in order to seek out the similar vibrations. That is how I believe this device works... it simply uses the complex vibrations, or resonances, as a 'master' or signature, and finds the object with the same signature. Basically, I think this guy just figured out a way to do it using technology instead of mind.

I believe that there is easy scientific explanation for psychics, ghosts, and everything paranormal or mystic. It all has to do with these vibrations, and even magic can be explained... as well as telekinesis, shapeshifting, everything. IMHO, if we could understand and tune ourselves in to these resonances, we could do anything we want, no matter how sci-fi or fantasy the idea is... the explanation for walking through solid objects is based on this idea.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
If this technology exists it would scare the ever loving crud out of me. Can you imagine what would hapen if you didnt want to be found. Shesh. Kinda would make the RFID chip pretty much useless as a tracking device.

Im sure it exist...and Im sure that some "higher" intelligence knows when we are on the toilet even. We are some science experiment in a petree dish: (hence the watchers from the Bible in Genesis
)

Everything is possible, yet not all the toys are given to us.
We are hyped up about the next apple computer or Canon camera, when they really are crap to things that actually exist and we know about in university(s).

Point is...we are mere puppets waiting for the stuff to be trickled down to us.
That feeling people say, "I feel like someone watching over me"...you better belive it.

Nothing to get uptight about though...the point is to enjoy life.

Peace

Dalen

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
This all sounds like quantum entanglement.

There are no magic powers involved. Science is just now coming to realize everything is interconnected at the quantum level and that it can be scaled up to the macro level.

Scientists are now finding that there are ways in which the effects of microscopic entanglements "scale up" into our macroscopic world. Entangled connections between carefully prepared atomic-sized objects can persist over many miles. There are theoretical descriptions showing how tasks can be accomplished by entangled groups without the members of the group communicating with each other in any conventional way. Some scientists suggest that the remarkable degree of coherence displayed in living systems might depend in some fundamental way on quantum effects like entanglement. Others suggest that conscious awareness is caused or related in some important way to entangled particles in the brain. Some even propose that the entire universe is a single, self-entangled object.

www.deanradin.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I'm 99.99999999% sure that this is a hoax.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Quantum entanglement is a physically real phenomenon.

It is also very rare and exceedingly difficult to maintain, and one of the primary challenges in this field is to explain why for essentially all macroscopic phenomena, quantum entanglement does not happen. E.g. the physics which explains the the 'Copenhagen interpretation' of quantum mechanics.

The CI is, as physics, conceptual mumbo jumbo, but does appear to explain experiments very well. Hence it is probably an approximation which works most of the time.

Maintaining quantum entanglement for any period of time or space is what quantum computing is all about. This requires very specialized constructions and lack of inter-particle interactions for a sufficient time. Even still 'decoherence' takes over quickly.

For anything else, the physics of the world quickly leads to effective breaking of quantum entanglement resulting in the natural local causality we all see. Conceivably interactions with virtual particles in the vacuum---i.e things which cannot be engineered out---might even contribute to the physics and dynamics of decoherence.

Taking entanglement and using this as some fuzzy-headed notion of "dude, like we are all connected, and pass the bong" is not science.

PS: "What the bleep to we know" and, earlier, the "Tao of Physics", are not good science. They strain much too hard to make connections between actual physics and philosophical things which are not really justified.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Taking entanglement and using this as some fuzzy-headed notion of "dude, like we are all connected, and pass the bong" is not science.

I have no idea what your education or background is... but well credentialed scientist like,
Dr. Bernard Haisch, Dean Radin, Fred Allen Wolf and Dr. Stuart Hammeroff all say something different than what you just espoused.

www.thegodtheory.com...
www.deanradin.com...
www.fredalanwolf.com...
www.quantumconsciousness.org...

[edit on 18-12-2006 by etshrtslr]

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   
This thread is fascinating.

Skeptics say "it's impossible because... it's impossible".

People who are defending the possibility that this might be real, say, "maybe it's possible because of - for example - quantum entanglement."

The people who are open to this are making connections. The people who aren't, aren't.

It's an old story in science, and it's still going on. This thread contains some interesting information about what's happening here - not that anyone here is a disinfo agent, though. It contains a fascinating account of how those people who said "it's impossible" managed to hold scientific progress up for over a century.

The short version of the story is that at the close of the eighteenth century, an experimenter determined (through a series of cruel experiments) that bats navigated using their hearing. But because we couldn't hear anything, that was obviously impossible. An academic proposed an alternate theory about the bats using touch, without any experimental trial, and for over a hundred years, this was the orthodoxy about how bats navigate.

People get far too attached to theories, because it absolves them of the need to think.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Just my own 2 cents here...
Why are people saying that it is a hoax / elaborate trick or just plainly state that it is impossible?
I think as people trying to learn together we should start by asking "How is it functioning" and not "Nah it's BS".
I for one think that with the advancements in quantum physics we may find out sooner rather than later.
Could it be that he may be able to tap and understand the 'data' which may be the relation between objects?
Sorry I am no scientist myself just someone who is fascinated by Science and People in general.
Cheers!

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I'm a physicist, though not directly involved in such QM work.

The links you described are 99% rank speculation.

For example, from www.deanradin.com...

Scientists are now finding that there are ways in which the effects of microscopic entanglements "scale up" into our macroscopic world.

Oh really? The only thing I've ever seen is superconductivity---which is a macroscopic quantum phenomenon.

Quantum decoherence and transition to classical local realism is an experimentally observed fact which governs almost everything that we see.

Real quantum mechanics, the ones producing quantum computers and related systems, have to struggle heroically, with things at near 0 degrees, massive shielding from external influences, superconducting this and finely constructed that in order to preserve entanglement of a few particles or atoms for a very brief period of time.

Why? Because the physics of decoherence is so powerful---remember that it comes about from interactions.

Quantum computers work (or will work) because such interactions are kept to a minimum!

They work precisely because they are NOT all "interconnected". It is by attempting to decouple from the macroscopic world and its pulsating heatbath of interaction, movement and chaotic phases, which lets quantum computing have some hope.

Interconnection means that you are interacting with the observing device and the virtually random quantum mechanical phases of those wavefunctions of trillions of particles interact with the object of study resulting in very quick decoherence.

The idea that biological organisms of far more than quadrillions of atoms at temperatures necessary for life can somehow maintain coherent quantum states is total speculation without a shred of experimental evidence, and with profound theoretical objections coming directly from exactly the known physics of quantum mechanics and experience with experimental devices meant to probe such things.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I wouldn't believe anything that comes out of South Africa. The only news I would guess was true is if people died or got raped by black penises

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
That was rather crude.

Anyhow, I'd like to add that nothing can be proven impossible... you can go over every scenario and prove they don't work, only to find other scenarios that you haven't thought of... because let's face it, you're human, you can't think of every possible combination.

All you can ever do is prove it hasn't been done... yet.

You are not all knowing, you do not retain information on every sing form of energy and matter and knowlege of the universe, and you certainly cannot predict all of it's possible combinations or events. You're human. The only thing you can know is that you know very little, and that you cannot know something to be impossible, that is ignorance, you can only assume that everything is possible, and you should at least attempt it, within reason of course. Jumping off skyscrapers to test theories... well, if you're not around to see the outcome, the outcome is inconclusive, to put it nicely.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The 'data' is in fact an oscillation pattern and the energy source of longitudinal, electrostatic, waves.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by justyc

And there goes Carte Blanche's reputation down the toilet. The program isn't what it used to be. They even called in a phsycic to assist.

Check www.stopdaniekrugel.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join