It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines or Army taking mortars (video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I dont know if this video has been posted up. I dont know if they are marines, or army taking mortar fire it looks like. They are basically holed up scared *. I only wish we could see the ending, im sure they were ok.

I feel bad and scared for them. They are very courageous men/woman who have the most dangerous job. Much love to anyone that has served in the US. No matter for what cause or reason. They are more hardcore than FBI, CIA DEA or whoever. They are the ones doing the dirtiest work for the goverment. On the front lines. For all the greed, $$$, power, control, they are the ones taking rounds in iraq. You cant be a more hardcore US fighter than that.

(about 15 min later) sorry i forgot to post the link. why didnt anyone remind me theres several views already. you crazy lurkers. speak your mind

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 12/3/2006 by H34T533K3R]

Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4-12-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
sorry all i want 2 post something about this video. What these soldiers are doing is pretending to be dead. instead of trying to fight back against a bigger force they are pretending to have gotten hit.

at about 1:24 into it, the iraqi translator (i assume) starts screaming the loudest, and they tell him "someone might think theres someone hurt" as more mortars are dropped.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Thats not the typical reaction to a mortar strike. Usually they load up and high tail it out of the area. I could even see them trying to get out on foot, but I dont think it makes alot of sense to be under a table.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
exactly, they must have been outgunned and outnumbered where they had no choice. mortars droping every couple of secs around where they are. They were pretty much trained not to go against the mortars in this situation. they are probably really far, and once they know exactly where to hit they can cause collateral damage. It would be hard to get away from something like that. They maybe also had several mortars maybe 2

its too bad its a short video though i wonder what got them in that situation.

They maintain silence, only when a mortar hits they say something. at around 23 secs someone says "they are not fu*kin done yet, chill". They are playing dead until the mortars stop.

its just an analyzation of this video. A lot of people dont like it because they sound scared, and nervous.

[edit on 12/4/2006 by H34T533K3R]

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by H34T533K3R
exactly, they must have been outgunned and outnumbered where they had no choice. mortars droping every couple of secs around where they are. They were pretty much trained not to go against the mortars in this situation. they are probably really far, and once they know exactly where to hit they can cause collateral damage. It would be hard to get away from something like that. They maybe also had several mortars maybe 2

its too bad its a short video though i wonder what got them in that situation.

yeah, I wondered that myself. Obviously the soldier is praying because its in english, I did hear the Iraqi yell something that was indecipherable and the soldier trying to get him to quiet down.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Wow.. Quite an emotional video. In the future I wish to enlist in the Canadian forces.. It's things like this that make me want to become the cook on duty instead of a fighting role. I am not afraid of fair combat, but it's things like this (surprise mortar strikes, ieds, etc) that scare me. I must say though, the one crying sure as hell didn't lighten the mood for the rest of em.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Yes quite emotional
it seems to be rough at the front.
They wouldn't show this on the news would they.
Less people signing up i gues.
War hurts

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaamaan
Yes quite emotional
War hurts

News media shows many things, some they think its not worthy of news. Don't assume anything. Remember CNN footage of showing Iraqi snipers taking on American soldiers, they aren't suppose to show that...would they?

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Originally posted by jaamaan
Yes quite emotional
War hurts

News media shows many things, some they think its not worthy of news. Don't assume anything. Remember CNN footage of showing Iraqi snipers taking on American soldiers, they aren't suppose to show that...would they?

They were supposed to show it, only to use it as another excuse for us to leave Iraq more "quiet". The govt is scared us citizens will make an outrage if we "just leave now".

I havent seen those sniper videos, but im sure they are all coming from the "JUBA SNIPER" videos in youtube which were out long ago and nobody cared before. Do you think CNN will get clearance to release videos not authorized by the govt? The people behind the glass are the ones having close ties and relations with CNN ceos. they make money for each other. Govt allows CNN to tag along for war footage under their protection. Why would they do this? for FUN? for CNN to expose? No, they do it as part of their "phsyciological" part of war. Not only on the enemy, but for the citizens as well.

****After looking at the video one last time again, theres only about 2 soldiers that can be seen, but they seem to be wearing camo pants with dark shirts. Is this traditional military? Maybe they were a private security group like Blackwater? heres a link to some www.pscai.org... providing extra security.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   

sorry all i want 2 post something about this video. What these soldiers are doing is pretending to be dead. instead of trying to fight back against a bigger force they are pretending to have gotten hit.

You don't know much about combat. When the incoming comes in the only thing to do is to lay as low as possible until it passes, unless you have something awfully important to do.

No one is playing dead in that video, unless you know something about being dead that I don't know.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

You don't know much about combat. Wuntil it passeshen the incoming comes in the only thing to do is to lay as low as possible , unless you have something awfully important to do.

No one is playing dead in that video, unless you know something about being dead that I don't know.

did you even read my posts? before you assume anything, you are taking everything too literal and cant even grasp what im saying.

Wuntil it passeshen the incoming comes in the only thing to do is to lay as low as possible

I just said that, lay low until they leave. Why would they leave? only because there was no one really there, or they got tired of shooting mortars, or they think they hit the soldiers.

And as I previously mentioned.

***After looking at the video one last time again, theres only about 2 soldiers that can be seen, but they seem to be wearing camo pants with dark shirts. Is this traditional military? Maybe they were a private security group like Blackwater? heres a link to some www.pscai.org... providing extra security.

We dont know if they were military or not and since the video is too short we cant really make valid discussions. All I know is they were American and they were scared.

And finally the reason I know they are playing dead is because of this "

at about 1:24 into it, the iraqi translator (i assume) starts screaming the loudest, and they tell him "someone might think theres someone hurt" as more mortars are dropped.

also

They maintain silence, only when a mortar hits they say something. at around 23 secs someone says "they are not fu*kin done yet, chill".

Which is clear to anyone these soldiers want to be as quiet as possible, so the enemy can leave them alone. Also there is an M14 or 16 standing up by the table or whatever it is, which kinda makes it seem like they were ambused. I dont believe the soldiers were chased into the building and carefully placed the gun upright before taking fire.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 02:54 AM
link   
"at about 1:24 into it, the iraqi translator (i assume) starts screaming the loudest, and they tell him "someone might think theres someone hurt" as more mortars are dropped. "

Lol nice assumption you made there, I suppose US soldiers are scream right?

No no, it must be an iraqi translator, wearing combat boots and sounding very much like an american. Iraqies scream all the time right, it's not like they've lived there whole lives through wars and YOUR BOMBARDEMENTS.

I'd posted my own thread on this, but since it seems one all ready exists, i'll just repost what i wrote on the my thread.

"
Don't let your government fool you, don't let them tell you your men are having a picnic in the warzone and that war is a piece of cake for the brave old USA.
Come see for yourself what they will never show you on CNN.

My mother tells me stories about when she was a girl in the war of 1973, when she saw the flaps open on the israeli black jet plane open, and the bombs come falling down (bombs provided for by the US), she and my aunt ran and hid under the table, they didn't fight over it like in the video, but my aunt being much younger did freak out and go into shock like one of the soldiers.

Unlike middle eastern people, your people didn't grow up in war zones. It doesn't have to be this way for you, you shouldn't let your leaders needlessly lead you into this.

Even without a scratch on their bodies, they are left with a scar."

[edit on 22-12-2006 by Syrian Sister]

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
"at about 1:24 into it, the iraqi translator (i assume) starts screaming the loudest, and they tell him "someone might think theres someone hurt" as more mortars are dropped. "

No no, it must be an iraqi translator, wearing combat boots and sounding very much like an american.

[edit on 22-12-2006 by Syrian Sister]

Actually you cant see the translator, so how do you know he is wearing combat boots? I believe is out of view of the camera. Anyway, I though his screams sounded alot like those of the Iraqis, since most of it is indecipherable. At one point you hear "allah" being yelled. You do hear the american praying however.

I would be praying too!

[edit on 22-12-2006 by XphilesPhan]

[edit on 22-12-2006 by XphilesPhan]

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   

My mother tells me stories about when she was a girl in the war of 1973, when she saw the flaps open on the israeli black jet plane open, and the bombs come falling down (bombs provided for by the US), she and my aunt ran and hid under the table, they didn't fight over it like in the video, but my aunt being much younger did freak out and go into shock like one of the soldiers.

And your ancestors being cowards chose flight instead fight and took refuge in a country that kindly gave them the opportunity to become one of there own, but you choose to snub your nose at that opportunity and embrace the same Wars your ancestors run away from, like the Traiters your parents where to there homecountry, you to are a traiter to your home country with the support you show for the Murder of your countrymen.

Us Westerners have never fled our Home countrys, thats why we still have them.

Unlike middle eastern people, your people didn't grow up in war zones. It doesn't have to be this way for you, you shouldn't let your leaders needlessly lead you into this.

Unlike Middleeasterners we have fought and WON the largest Wars in Human history which ensured we didnt grow up in a War zone, Our genetic imprint is to fight Evil, it is the Islamofascists that are ensuring that History repeats itself, not us.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher

And your ancestors being cowards chose flight instead fight and took refuge in a country that kindly gave them the opportunity to become one of there own, but you choose to snub your nose at that opportunity and embrace the same Wars your ancestors run away from, like the Traiters your parents where to there homecountry, you to are a traiter to your home country with the support you show for the Murder of your countrymen.

Us Westerners have never fled our Home countrys, thats why we still have them.

Ohhhhhh! snap!
I think someone just got burned.....

Anyway, I wholeheartedly agree with you.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I'd bet the farm that these are non-combat guys like cooks, or some other support job. People that never leave the base, or expected to use their weapon, other than at the range. That's a pretty pathetic loss of composure... but also highly uncommon.

You would never see that reaction from an infantryman, for instance, or pretty much anyone who goes out on patrols, raids, ect, on a regular basis. If they did, they'd get the crap beat out of them by their fellow squad members.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Did you even seen the video? someone starts screaming and it sounds arabic or some foreign languange. And like someone previously stated, they clearly shout "allah" before an american soldier tells them to shutup...literally.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I am sorry but this video shows notting else than american soldiers getting trashed so hard that they start praying to god.
Not much heroic about this scene.
I think it is good to see where soldiers are send to.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The OP’s very short clip is part of a series.

The clip is from the second video in the series titled “Mortar Girl” (by Young Americans).

There is an explanation of the OP’s clip in the full video:

Full Video 10+ mins

The above link will also direct you to the other videos in the series.

mg

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Thank you for posting the rest of that video

very interesting to see how soldiers live and work in iraq

top topics

<<   2 >>

join