It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALIENS...their appearance and composition!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
As I sit and read all the discussions, which are great I may add, I have noticed a common theme! Most, if not all of the threads that I have read talk about aliens and other life forms being similar to human beings. By this I mean bipedal, similar in size with a foot or two one way or the other, binocular vision, and so on.
I tend to think beyond that a bit. I have no alien experience or contact at all, so please remember that this is just some, "thinking outside the box", for me.
Why would they be so similar?

a) Aliens may exist in a different spectrum of light?
b) Size should not be a factor, there's no equation of size vs. intelligence!?
c) Would they maybe not be on a micro or macro size scale to us?
d) Maybe vision, as we know it, is really a limiting sensory organ?
e) Maybe they exist all around us, BUT we can't perceive them like they do us?

Anyway, you get the idea of what I am trying to describe as possiblities........I am just thinking on plastic here and really think it's hard to define such things as we humans always tend to do.

Remember, a finite being cannot understand an infinite being!! It is fun to try though!
Thanks for your thoughts and responses.......Peace, Mondo

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Maybe vision, as we know it, is really a limiting sensory organ?

This is the only one I can say for sure is true, We cannot see everything, and what we do see maynot be what we think we see. If they were in a different light spectrum, could they interact with us?

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AMANNAMEDQUEST
If they were in a different light spectrum, could they interact with us?

If they were only visible in a different light spectrum, my guess would be that they could interact with us but we wouldn't be able to see them.

[edit on 3/12/06 by Godlesswanderer]

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
you forgot the option

Where aliens are just genetically mutated humans..

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Mondogiwa

Why would they be so similar?
In some similar way to how we humans on Earth from our separate countries are populating the Earth, we races in the Universe from our separate worlds are populating the Universe. Not only do we develop uniquely, even with the same DNA of one other of an infinite number of races, Evolution and unique atmosphere take us all in different directions and make us all alien to each other. Yet, we are all still people.

a) Most races are of physical matter like we are. Some races are of physical light- their bodies are physically made of light, or actually varying mixtures of matter and light.

All the visiting races are advanced and can hide from our view by either and/or both of two mediums- nature and technology. By nature, they can be out of body right in front of us or speaking to us even from some distance. By technology they can be standing right next to us but in the next dimension from us.

b) There is no equation of size vs intelligence, but most races in our area are somewhat smaller than we are. Some are much taller, some much wider, also.

c) All the races I have met are relatively similar in size to us and each other. There is "so" much other life, though, that nothing in appearance or size of other life would surprise me.

d) Yes, vision is by a limiting sensory organ. Worse, seeing something can make us prejudiced against it, warping any and all of our other, truer means of perception.

e) You are right. They are all around us, and we can't perceive them like they do us---- unless and until they want us to. They are making open, physical contact with an increasing number of individuals, and will soon make open, physical contact with our entire world at once.

Advanced races have advanced abilities, both technologically and naturally. They are more aware between their states of consciousness- meaning they are aware of what they are doing by spirit, where most humans are usually not. Meeting spirit to spirit is the normal, natural way of all advanced races to meet and communicate. This is just not "normal" for we primitive humans yet.

Human perception of alien life is not only random, it is by design. Humans are fed false information by Earth powers to keep them afraid and mistrusting of ANY other intelligent life. This is to help keep the publics from learning what our advanced world neighbors want to share with our world.

[edit on 12/3/2006 by EarthSister]

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Well there is the idea that humans and aliens didn't develop completely independently of each other, and have common roots.

On the other hand, if aliens existed in a different light spectrum and we could not interact with them, it might also be true that they wouldn't be able to interact with us either.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
looking at a Grey type aliens body, it would be easy to imagine them just genetically engineering their bodies as vessels for their very old minds. Not like a brain but maybe a perfectly digitized version of their original brain workings, they just create the tissue to house it. Sortof like hitching a ride in an organic robot.
is this off topic, just a thought i just had from a movie.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mailman
looking at a Grey type aliens body, it would be easy to imagine them just genetically engineering their bodies as vessels for their very old minds. Not like a brain but maybe a perfectly digitized version of their original brain workings, they just create the tissue to house it. Sortof like hitching a ride in an organic robot.
is this off topic, just a thought i just had from a movie.

no you're onto something... you've got the right idea...

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
The aliens I have seen exist on another plane: through exercises you can glimpse this plane. They have technology or knowledge to make themselves visible on this plane as well. They are basically useing laws of vibration, I would assume.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
True not all alien life will be humanoid, and indeed I suspect
that only about 30-40% of sentient alien species are humanoid,
but in general the basic human shape does provide for a
good body for a sentient tool using being.

As for why all the supposed alien accounts are of humanoids, well
that's because we tend to like things to be familiar, so all the
made-up aliens look like us.

Now, when it comes to Greys, if they exist, and I personally think
they do, they would fit into the 30-40% of sentient species that
are humanoid, however that does'nt mean they are like us on the
inside, that is have the same internal organs, or even doublehelix
DNA.

Originally posted by Mondogiwa

You don't exist in a spectrum of light, you see in light spectrums.
An alien may see in another spectrum, but all that would mean is
that they would see coors diferently than we do.

Size is a factor, there is a limit to how small a sentient being could
be, and gravity, planetary size and resources dictate how large it
will or can be.

There are aspectsa of the universe that are constant, my answer
above answers half of this.

That said, it would'nt be impossible for a sentient life form to be
comprised of billions of individual microscopic life that when
connected together provide enough brain power fro sentience.

True aliens may use another form of enrionmental perception,
perhaps using echo location like bats, but if they live in an
environment where there is light, they would more than likely have
developed optical sensory organs.

You could'n t have a life form that exists in the same place as us,
and have them be able to percieve us, but at the same time have
us not be able to percieve them.

However, it would'nt be impossible for a small number of aliens to
be using some sort of thermOptic cloaking device, but they would
have to stay out of the way, or we would bump into them.

Remember, a finite being cannot understand an infinite being!! It is fun to try though!

A being can not by definition be infinite.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Hi E.S! You haven't been here for a while.

Humans are fed false information by Earth powers to keep them afraid and mistrusting of ANY other intelligent life. This is to help keep the publics from learning what our advanced world neighbors want to share with our world.

It seems logical to me that if very advanced beings wanted to unequivocally give humans a message, they would be able to do so, and Earth powers would be literally powerless to stop it.

The secrecy is primarily on the ET's side: it is not possible for Earth powers to cover-up something that ET didn't want covered up.

And, conversely, if they really wanted to hide deeply and secretly, nobody would see evidence of any.

My best guess is that if they're coming here, some ETs at least don't really give a crap about whether we know about them or not or what or who we think they are; they just do whatever it is they do.

If ET are attempting to "send a telegram", the message is not getting through very well. I assume that they'd be smart enough to figure out how to get across a clear message, so I conclude that if there are ETs they are not particularly interested in sending a clear message to people. There is some chance that this is not the case, that the difference in mindset may be sufficiently great that they don't understand how to send us a message; perhaps dolphins think the same about humans and wonder why we just don't sonar words to them.

It is possible that Earth powers have false information about ETs, but much of this blame ought to lie with the ETs as well for not clarifying the message properly, and openly.

If ETs are coming here, then it's time for them to be open about it, and for us to be open to them. Enough stalling already. It's like pulling off a bandaid. You know that at some point you have to do it, just pull and get it over with. We'll deal with the consequences when it happens since it will have to be sometime.

if ETs are benevolent teachers:

It would be nice if humans were very nice to one another spontaneously, but for now I'd settle for humans being nice because otherwise "Big Teacher" is going to be disappointed with us and send us to detention.

if they aren't:

I wish they'd either set up diplomatic relations and respect our privacy and airspace, or they'd bug off.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hi, mbkennel
I'm still around, just busy lately.

It seems logical to me that if very advanced beings wanted to unequivocally give humans a message, they would be able to do so, and Earth powers would be literally powerless to stop it.

You are right. Advanced beings do give humans many messages, and Earth powers are literally powerless to stop it. The governments can't stop the aliens from showing up, but they can mold public opinion and frame the alien races for government crimes in the public's mind wherever they show up. Earth powers use every which way to put a stick in the spokes.

There is a great deal of contact and education going on, but you only hear a fraction of it, and most of that is warped by accident and on purpose.

Whenever a human who is learning progressive things directly from the alien races speaks out about it, he essentially, and sometimes literally, becomes a government hostage- a tool for blackmail against the alien races- considered a hostile spy in enemy territory- a threat to National Security.

When a human knows something important that could be shared, he has to be stopped. It only takes as little as one simple phone call to a loved one, and the human quits. Or worse, is forced to change sides.

The more in-secret public education continues by alien life, the more quickly, freely and progressively it produces wide-spread knowledge. When the alien races must finally show up for all, enough individual key humans are going to know enough truth about the visiting races and their intentions to discredit the pervasive government disinformation.

Until it's time, protection of progressive alien experiencers from government harassment is more important than the information being gained from alien life.

top topics

join