It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you like to be approached by aliens?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
"fear not for a moment, please i beg you. i mean you no harm. fear not for just one moment. i approach in the nude, armed only with my truth, and the truth of my people. i approach you now to see if you will judge my truth, to see if it is compatible with your truth, that is all. be not afraid, fear not for just one moment. i approach slowly, gently, and true. please, i beg you, be not afraid.

i have made many friends, and my approach is a flawless one:

1) can you acknowledge me?
2) can you recognize me?
3) can you accept me for who and what i am?
4) can you love me for who and what i am?

here, hear, here is my truth:
"you are not alone, and you are not a loan!"

they call me "som".
som knows things."
I have come to these forums naked as well,

1) I acknowledge you
2) I do not need to recognize, but I will
3/4) I accept and love all, the question is, who wants to recieve it and not manipulate it.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman

Originally posted by ufotimetravel

now I am asking if there were peaceful aliens that simply wanted to help, how do you think they should go about it to avoid violence and distrust and ultimately be welcomed.

the good aliens want to know

Everytime I read or hear something about "them" wanting to "help" us I'm reminded of this Video.

Save The Antelope

I'd like to think that if there is a "them" they would likely understand that "helping" really isn't going to "help".

[edit on 3-12-2006 by lost_shaman]
just ask yourself who that statement applies to, you cant generalize like that. people like me "want" help.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
How would I like to be aproached by aliens?? From the front hopefully.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hey, Yute! (My Cousin Vinny joke....)

Vinny: It is possible that the two yutes...
Judge Haller: ...Ah, the two what? Uh... uh, what was that word?
Vinny: Uh... what word?
Judge Haller: Two what?
Vinny: What?
Judge Haller: Uh... did you say 'yutes'?
Vinny: Yeah, two yutes.
Judge Haller: What is a yute?

I read you were seeking someone to interview you...I just read your accounts, and they are far, far out...You WERE offering some evidence...I'm going to u2u you with my email address.

Maybe give me an idea of what you're looking for and I'll see if I can think up some questions...You story/accounts are so all over the map, both in that you jump around in time, but also with the characters you claim to have encountered, and the geographical locations...You're either completely and utterly in outer space, you were manipulated psychologically, you hallucinated these things, or you really experienced them and this is a weird f%$^*ng universe we live in lol...

Anyway, I'd be interested. Your head seems to be screwed on tightly, so we'll see just how tight..hahaah

I do feel you're being honest about the stress these experiences have put on you, and I'm sorry to hear that...

Anyway, check your u2u...

Roger Dodger!
Deck

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
They should first approach the authorities in government (if they have not already), allowing them the opportunity to participate in the full public disclosure. This lends credibility and eases some fears.

The joint government/alien announcement should then be distributed electronically and through popular media outlets for a global full-spectrum outreach. This gives validity and portends non-exclusiveness.

The announcement should include a detailed 'pre-conditioning' regarding the aliens and their intent: Appearance, mode of travel, quantity in situ, history, etc. Most important would be re-assurances that the public 'coming-out-party' will be a low-key, harmless exchange, and that the aliens mean no harm and will absolutely not impact individuals or society in any negative way (this will be a tough sell since many humans will be skeptical and even hostile/suspicious no matter what they are told - perhaps for good reason)).

The public contact should be tightly controlled and heavily secured. Pre-screened members of society such as teachers/clergy/scientists, plus a few 'commoners' would then be filmed in an exchange of ideas/communication with the aliens, and if 'uneventful' (is that an oxymoron?), the exchange aired on international media for the rest of humanity to witness and ponder.

Aliens should in no way be forced upon society or any individuals that do not wish to participate and in all respects the aliens must maintain a low-key, mutually respectful demeanor to keep from alarming the ultra-sensitive types.

Those individuals that would like to meet with or continue contact can then sign up, go through a vetting process (sorry, but this will be unavoidable in order to try and prevent any unpleasant 'surprises'), and, if the aliens are agreeable, can then have further contact if desired.

In any case, the procedure must be carefully thought out ahead of time (and I personally find it incredible and unconscionable that there is no readily admitted, highly detailed, scrupulously structured program already in place to do so). The security and safety of all parties is paramount. The public relations, individual socio-psychology, and exopolitics of the situation must also be thoroughly analyzed and considered.

This is one of the most profound and significant occurrences to happen in the history of the human race. It is not a matter to be taken lightly.

Of course, we are assuming in this scenario that such contact has not already taken place. The truth is, my guess there is a majority of ATS reviewers and posters that would argue that alien interaction has not only been achieved but is, in fact, commonplace. Nevertheless, this is in response to your inquiry about how “we” may wish to be approached by aliens. The answer considers that such an approach is as yet forthcoming.

I would want such an approach to be beneficial and meaningful to the greater of humanity. The Earth belongs to all of us, all nationalities, all races, all plants, all animals. We are the custodians of our home world and our destiny. Therefore, we should treat the first approach of sentient beings not of this Earth with great care, scientific acumen, and humanitarian diplomacy.

First impressions last the longest. Hopefully, our alien visitors will share those good sentiments.

[edit on 12/3/2006 by Outrageo]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Personally - just be polite and considerate, thats all.

Large scale: announce first the intention to goverment that you are going to show off publicly at certain date and announce your plans in spirit of previous posters. Regardless goverment reaction, announce plans to humans trough contactees, internet, and smaller organisations. Land in mass, at same time in several countries. Have a good number of earthborn human contactees prepared beforehand as consults.
Have a excellent PR plan before: there are loooads of things people want to know when things cannot be denied. Be prepared to answer questions and explain why some questions wont be answered. Take reportes and tv-crews onboard, after the important people. Make it all public, in spirit of creative-commons licencing. Offer possibility for individuals to meet in person - a suggest temporal embassy. You really need to train lots of humans, humanoids and others to be willing to present the truth. Maybe not too many different races to be shown at the first meeting, human-lookalikes and greys would go.

After landing, leave with most soon afterwards (few days) so it wont feel like invasion, but tell everyone a way how to make a contact and how to reach the information they want to give. Prepare a public handout DVD, it shall end to bittorrent in no time.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I've never met an ailen up front face to face. I would jump at the chance to meet one though. if an ailen were to meet em and prove their credentials so to speak i would meet in a cafe or some other public space and then when trust is built up would invite the ailen to my home for a drink and discuss life, the universe etc. However on a more public scale ie i would like an ailen to land on the White House lawn or at the UN. As to showing their credentials a cure for cancer would be lovely. Or helping us with energy problems/the environment etc.

I sincerely hope peaceful contact is made very soon cause the Human race and Earth is at a crossroads right now...

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Haven't read the entire thread; but, just based on the title and alien's alleged propensity for biological tests....

Face to face please.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Lets see....ETs are located at great distances, they must travel, they must use FTL ships, which means they must be intelligent. If they are so intelligent and evolved, they must be very experienced. They must have seen and contacted many other ETs of different natures.

It seems logical now that there must be a protocol in place to approach and contact "others". The protocol must be a result of extensive experience gained from other contacts and long studies and experiments on various other ETs/species/lifeforms including us.

They will perhaps refer to a section called - "How to contact a race of aggressive, violent, fearful, dumb, meat eating, surface faring semi-technological race of beings?" first. Then they will skip to the part which says - "What if this race has loads of weapons everywhere on the planet?".....

So, I don't expect a bunch of green ugly "things" to secretly land in your garden in the new moon night, intrude inside your house and scream BOOOO just when you turn your face to them, and then laugh hysterically as you die of heart attack....hmmm...doesn't look like an intelligent way to me.

We are warring killer monkeys, the best way to contact would be to send gifts, useless gifts, which cannot be controlled and misused by the powerful against their own kind. (How about crop circles?). Then to send messages of peaceful contact to EVERYONE, not only to the govts or journalists, because if they are any intelligent, they must be knowing that these agencies are going to use the messages for their own selfish agendas. They won't contact the govts first thats for sure.

Now, they can send messengers, like robots or talking computers. No harm done even if we shoot them down. Once the intentions of a peaceful contact are made clear, they would announce the arrival. Again, they won't go and shake hands with the president or such.

Perhaps, the aliens will send almost human-like ETs to make first contact, why? because if the ETs don't conform to our subjective beauty standards or our models of what good things look like, we'll perceive them as ugly, we hate ugliness and tend to kill ugly things...right?

They will perhaps share the knowledge of the superior and harmless kind, like on the origin of the universe or life etc, and I don't expect them to hand over an iPod sized Megawatt generator or a cure for Aids.....because if they are intelligent, they will know that these things place power in some hands which we use to take away power, freedom and happiness from others of our own kind.....

Regards
RSB

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   

How would you like to be approached by aliens

NO THANKS.

From the looks of it, these aliens aren't exactly friendly. They mess with people's memories. They do painful experiments. They implant things without people's permission. WHY would I want them to 'approach me'??

Absolutely not!

They would seriously have to change their ways.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

How would you like to be approached by aliens

NO THANKS.

From the looks of it, these aliens aren't exactly friendly. They mess with people's memories. They do painful experiments. They implant things without people's permission. WHY would I want them to 'approach me'??

Absolutely not!

They would seriously have to change their ways.

I am pretty sure that if there are aliens there is not just one species or group, the ones that do mess with memories and stuff like that might be the bad guys, or they might be doing that to protect the person. I for one will welcome them when they come, its not everyday you get to meet a person rom another star system let alone another planet so cheerish it, its most likely they will be coming in peace, i mean i they came in a hostal way, dont you think they would have done that before they met you...

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Tell them to announce their presence before suddenly showing up. That way people have time to adjust.

Announcement must be direct and not require purchasing any books, lectures, audio tapes, or seances.
Intermediaries are no good. It must be direct, calm, verbal communication.

Seriously, giving people the chance to get their rational mind around what is about to happen, before it happens, is a big help. The stream of information should be constant, so as to prevent panic from filling in the gaps. Then, they ask if we are ready When we say yes then its ok.

Now, the real question is, will this be pot luck, or are we hosting?

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
If those b*stards try creepin' up on me, I'll
kill 'em. I hate 'em... not just the men, but
the women and children too, they're animals.
I keep a souped-up water pistol full
of p*ss, for close encounters. (I hear that)

So the watchword is... a John Saxon special
and check those corners.
As you may of picked up on, I've had more
than one experience with these sons of b*tches.
And I find myself asking... how can the same sh*t
happen to the same guy twice?

Why haven't I leaped yet?

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Aliens and light beings are all around us in the other dimensions. Some aliens are actually some people's guides/guardian angels. Such the case as with Dr. Richard J. Boylan.
If I were approached by them in their physical presence, I would ask just about as many questions to them that they are willing to answer, write it down, and ask them what evidence they're willing to let me attain.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by realanswers
Aliens and light beings are all around us in the other dimensions. Some aliens are actually some people's guides/guardian angels. Such the case as with Dr. Richard J. Boylan.
If I were approached by them in their physical presence, I would ask just about as many questions to them that they are willing to answer, write it down, and ask them what evidence they're willing to let me attain.

I didn't know about other dimensions, wow... it make you think.
This thing about guides, can they help you if your marriage
goes t*ts up? All this alien stuff has took it's toil brother.

So there might be an alien guide behind me right now huh?

Ha! take that you liddle b*stard!! and that... and tha agh agh oogh
ahh, sorry, he had his hand in my mouth.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join