It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking the War on Terrorism to the U.S.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Heres a disturbing thought for Americans.

Now it doesnt take Einstein to see that more and more people in every country on Earth are starting to truly hate America for what they have done in Iraq, Afghanistan and other parts of the globe.

Just like America the world is full of ignorant people who will most likely put all Americans in the same boat as the scum that ordered and facilitated in the invasion of Iraq and other impoverished countries.

This hatred is clearly building up by the day. Its getting to the point where its not just foreigners but Americans in the U.S. are starting to hate the government and their country.

We are living in a time and place where even a 10 year old has access to the information and materials to make high powered explosives.

Whats to stop the angry madmen already in North America from strapping themselves with explosives, heading down to D.C. and wreaking havok.

Hypothetically speaking if I were to strap myself with bombs and take a bus to D.C. who would or could stop me? Best case scenario some dogs sniff out the bomb, the police try to search me and KABOOM!!! Worst case scenario I make it to my destination, the White House and I would get as close as I could. Even if I couldnt get near the building id make sure I blew up a bunch of polititions or police or whoever I could.

Now if I think like that there has to be millions of other people who think just like me. Im not suicidal and I have alot to live for but the thought does pass through my head in my darkest hours. Whats to stop a psychotic madman with knowledge of and access to explosive materials from going through with it?

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Timothy McVeigh did it. Did the American people applauded for him? Go ahead and do it and lets see the reaction.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Personally I know better. I know blowing anything up would only make matters worse so I would never do anything like that but not everybody is priviledged with an education.

Also I realize if I were to do that I would only be killing innocent people who had nothing to do with what happened in Iraq so I would accomplish nothing.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Do you really think somebody that martyrs themselves out of anger has any concern as to whether the people applaud him or not?

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Sorry I didnt make it clear. When I talk about somebody strapping themselves with bombs I mean people that have no intention of walking away from the explosion.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pirate_Pimp
Do you really think somebody that martyrs themselves out of anger has any concern as to whether the people applaud him or not?

Don't know, maybe they cared enough to make martyr tapes for some reason. Guess they really do care about our opinion of them.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The ones that make tapes usually do so for their families. What I mean is if an angry anti American martyr blows himself up in America theres not a chance in hell hes going to expect Americans to be happy about it and I seriously doubt hed care less what Americans would think.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   

The ones that make tapes usually do so for their families. What I mean is if an angry anti American martyr blows himself up in America theres not a chance in hell hes going to expect Americans to be happy about it and I seriously doubt hed care less what Americans would think.

Well think of it this way, the world still moves on and that person just become another dead added since written history.

Not to mention many of their tapes are meant for the public besides family. I've seen them.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Also its a different situation im talking about here. In Palestine its more of a tradition to make tapes of the martyrs before the go. Then again alot of the Palestinians who truly believe they are doing a service to their people and god probably do care that their people see them as heros and that the enemy sees them for what they are. In that case your right. They do care.

What im talking about is people whov had enough and just want to wreak havok and take revenge for all the attrocities theyve seen over the years. In that case they would have very little concerns as to whether the people applaud them or not.

Then again everybody is different. I cant speak for anyone else but myself. Me in that situation I would have absolutely no concern what anybody thought apart from my family. I would want them to know the truth.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Yeah the world goes on. Not for the victims that happened to be in range of the martyr when he pulled the cord though.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Also one person who martyrs themselves will cause very little havok but what if hundreds, even thousands of people all over the country decide to copycat the incident.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Also one person who martyrs themselves will cause very little havok but what if hundreds, even thousands of people all over the country decide to copycat the incident.

Think of it like a crime being committed every few seconds in America and its never ending. Do we stay in our homes until it stops?

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Yeah your right its not much of a reason to be scared but then again people do get murdered in the U.S. all the time. It could be you.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Whats to stop the angry madmen already in North America from strapping themselves with explosives, heading down to D.C. and wreaking havok.

The fact is that the amount of discontent in a country has to be quite high before radical protest can take hold. The nations which currently experience suicide bombings suffer from incredible tension, strife, and chaos. Today's America, although conflicted on many levels about many things, is not as divided as it would need to be in order to expereince real terrorism.

The 9/11 attacks have several things in common with the actions in Madrid and Longdon. They were all "export" operations. Operators from other countries had to enter those nations under false pretexts to recruit, mobilize, and/or carry out the attacks. In certain repsects, these were carefully planned guerilla attacks carried out by organizations that get their funding from many different sources.

It's true that some governments like Iran and Syria do bankroll terrorist groups. In many cases, tehse government provide safe places for these radicals to rest and prep for their next missions. Even so, these terror groups don't have it too easy when it comes to "reaching" in to other countries.

Why haven't we seen more suicide bombers on American streets? Most of the people who live here aren't so disaffected that they want to strap on a bomb. That level of fanatacism or desperation can't be found in most parts of this country...for now. Fanatics of any stripe who are told to kill Americans inside our own borders to advance whatever cause you'd care to name aren't easily convinced that the "obective" is worth dying for. This can and will change as our economy slides in to depression.

One of the most sobering facts regarding U.S. national security that all terrorist wanna-be's run up against is our extensive and active law enforcement counter-measures. Say what you like about the fowled-up rules and bloated bureaucracy, but the fact is that we've got a lot of dedicated people out there looking to find and foil the bad guys.

Most of the people in foreing lands who so dearly want to kill us can't overcome the language and cultural barriers...assuming they can get here without being caught. This is a default mechanism that defends most countries. Any American who wanted to travel to the Middle East for the purposes of terrorism would have the same problems. Without a working knowledge of language and customs, they'd be picked up quick enough by local law enforcement.

The real question to be asked here is, "how much longer will it be until we see radical terror groups in action on U.S. soil?" When this happens, we should expect ot see incidents like Oklahoma City atleast once a month. Firefights like Waco or Ruby Ridge may be seen once or twice a week. As our national and cultural fabric unravels, hostile pentration by foriegn influences will add fuel to the fires that we start here at home.

All nations have their domestic peace affected by their domestic prosperity. As our politicians continue to rape the domestic economy for their own selfish benefits, our economic future will be in doubt. Any crash or full-scale collapse will have us at each other's throats in a very short period of time. Radicals of all sorts will loot, pillage, and murder for the sake of whateve cause they espouse. Forieng fighters will only make things worse.

We know what's happening to us. The only question left to answer is "when" does the nightmare become reality?

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I couldnt agree with you more. I think like you said one of the main reasons people already citizens of the U.S. havent done it is because of the extreme law enforcement watching these chemicals which has explosive properties and infiltrating groups of people with the intent of terrorizing the U.S.

Although the U.S. probably has the best law enforcement in the world they cant stop everything. Its mathemathical. Of all the would be terrorists they do stop there will always be one that slips through their hands.

Also I dont know the details about the London bombing but I know there are enough Pakistani's with British passports that any they could easily be infiltrated. They dont need to enter the country when they already have people in there.

Out of all the Pakistani-Brits living in London who love England and are loyal to their country there will always be the few who are the opposite.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   

A person whom straps bombs to themselves and Blows up People will NEVER be a Martyr, they are nothing less than the murdering spawn of Satan and they will rot in the firey bowels hell for eternity, no virgins, no orgy, infact no party at all, just death.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I never actually looked up the definition of martyr until now. Your right. The people im talking about wouldnt go under the category of martyr.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
America is doing everything as planned. We plan in advance (top secret) of course, with Syria to take over Iraq and control more oil.

this is the plan, We go in first, then ask for support from Syria, And now we did wrong, they helped us get everything back on track, and both us and syria both get equal rights over oil distribution. does that sound familiar? wait, its happening as we speak.

of course all national media involved can send in reporters to the field, film war coverage and be protected by US military. as long as they report what we tell them to report. and put out the story we want them to put out. This of course will make reporters a targer to try and put fear in their heart. They will be kidnapped, killed, abducted, tortured. its already happening. great. im losing my mind once again.

damn. once again more crazy conspiracies. damn you forum.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I don't want to see transnational terrorism come to the United States, but I think it will. I wrote on this subject last year.

Archived Materials

The current trend which can technically be called cultural penetration, will result in a situation in which non-domestic terror groups will take root and thrive on U.S. soil.

Resource

In addition to the foriegn factors which will facilitate this degeneration of our national security situation, we will see an acceleration of political defects here at home, which I have outlined at length over the last six months.

Resource

In mid 2005, I outlined what I saw as the evolution of the terror threat. The following link will give you some food for thought.

Resource

The fact of the matter is that we will see the rise of domestic terror groups that will rival those from over seas. They'll compete with each other for recruits and resources. The nuts and bolts of this observation can be found in the following link from 2005.

Resource

As the Federal government cracks down on the American populace for the sake of national security, we'll bear witness to a self-inflicted wound...of sorts. It'll be hard to tell the difference between terror groups and reformst agitators. We should expect that the social and political elites won''t care which of these they exterminate, as long as the crusade keeps them in power.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
As I write this, Saddam Hussein's execution appears to be imminent. With that in mind, I'd like to put a question to the ATS members. How likely is it that this act will spark trans-national terror activity here in the United States?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join