It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet 'Honda' to Impact Earth August 2011!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conluceo
I wonder if the Government would tell the people?

not a chance. That leads to utter anarchy, chaos and noone paying taxes nor enslaved to the ' machine ' that is the credit card. no. far better to try and build something called the International Space Station and do it that way without anyone ever even knowing.
my 2c worth anyways

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
For those of you who haven't seen the thread on the new comet that has brightened I will paste a post from squiz here. I thought it would help with the discussion as far as what a comet could do, if they aren't made of ice.

Originally posted by squiz

Originally posted by Hal9000
I just had a thought. Maybe it was a collision with an asteroid or something. This comet reminds me of the Deep Impact Project. Comet Temple also became very bright after the impact.

Yeah, I think that could also be a possibility. Actually I can't take credit for the theory I posted, I was just speculating based on the electric comet theory presented by Wall Thornhill. (Although I don't think he was the originator of the theory). He actually made several successful predictions regarding deep impact, NASA choices to ignore this because it means validating that space is not electrically neutral. This would have a vast impact on the way we view the universe and would change many preconceptions that have taken a foothold in modern astronomy.

Here's a stack of articles for the electric comet theory, quite a few concerning deep impact and the highly accurate predictions.
www.thunderbolts.info...

Here's some reports written by Wall Thornhill, before and after deep impact.
www.holoscience.com...
www.holoscience.com...

The theory fits perfectly with the Tunguska event as related by witnesses.
When a highly negatively charged comet enters the earths atmosphere it will arc and cause a cosmic thunderbolt the comet will explode into fragments and the thunderbolt does the cratering. In ancient times it was Zeus who hurled the cosmic thunderbolt that unleashed destruction upon the Earth, this could be the origin of that myth.
Electrical cratering has been simulated in lab experiments that have produced the characteristic flat bottoms. Many craters are found in chains and some are also accompanied by characteristic litchenburg patterns. Yep they've got cratering wrong too.

So I'm a little sad to say that many of the Martian and Lunar anomalies attributed to cities or mines posted here at ATS can be explained by means of electrical etching. Sorry Mr Lear.
Although there a few that still have me scratching my head.

You can see many more examples of electrical cratering in the first link above, under cratering of course.
[edit on 25-10-2007 by squiz]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
So, in the next 30 years, we could face an utter and total devastation of the Earth as we know it??? Or possibly all revert back to animals??

Well, it'll be an awesome site until my eyes can't see anymore.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I think I can clear this up with this website-
cometography.com...

heres a sample of what to expect-

0.06 AU from Earth on 2011 August 15

Theres where your august date comes in

This comet made 11 close approaches to Earth and 2 close approaches to Jupiter during the 20th century. It makes 1 close approach to Venus, 5 close approaches to Earth, and 1 close approach to Jupiter during the first half of the 21st century. (From the orbital work of Kazuo Kino#a)

It appears it will skim by us- most likely....0.06 is EXTREMELY close but I have no idea to what scale this is. I'm assuming no matter where you are on the planet- it will be noticeable? So hopefully we won't be smashed like a can getting run over!

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dj05544
It appears it will skim by us- most likely....0.06 is EXTREMELY close but I have no idea to what scale this is.

0.06AU is about 5.6 million miles or over 20 times the distance to the moon so I doubt this could be classed as close enough to be a threat. Of course, the closer it comes to larger objects like planets and moons, the more chance there is of its orbit being changed enough to get us on a later pass.

The moon is about 0.0027AU away for an idea of scale

[edit on 5/12/2007 by Pilgrum]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I don't have time to read this whole thread right now, but this site gives you a 3D view of its path. From what I can see, we shouldn't have anything to worry about. I'll check back when I have more time.

45P/Honda-Mrkos-Pajdusakova

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I think its safe to say that the government is aware of any potential collision between us and this rock. Which would mean that a course of action has been or is planned.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
well...at least this wont be a concern anymore since asteroid 2007 tu24 will kill us all in a few days

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
If it is called comet Honda, you know it can't be very large.

Isn't that a compact comet that is good on gas?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

When peak oil hits, you'll be glad it's there

Unlike that Chrysler comet... still in the shop...

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I really dont understand what all the fuss is about.
there all millions and billions of fun sized earth destroying objects floating around that could hit anytime anywhere.....the question is. will we be prepared?

probably not...

Besides. wouldnt that be the koolest thing to see right before we get blown to pieces?
I rest my case...

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
It's impossible for the earth or the moons gravity to 'pull' this comet in. The earths gravity doesnt even pull satelites in.

I did hours of searching and found nothing on the atually size of this comet. Only found some old pictures.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I recently went to my town's local observatory and a astronomer told me that the 45P/Honda-Mrkos-Pajadusakova comet no longer exists. It must have reared off course or was hit from a unknown space body and destroyed on impact from natural orbital causes.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I recently went to my town's University observatory and an astronomer told me that the 45P/Honda-Mrkos-Pajadusakova comet no longer exists. It may have veered off course or was hit from an unknown space object and was destroyed on impact. Sorry for the previous typos.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Conluceo

How big is Comet Honda?

Would the impact be noticible, or should I save my worries for, say Comet Escalade or Comet 350 or heck, even COmet Peterbuilt?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conluceo
Wow, I was on the Solar System Viewer, looking at the different orbits and paths of all known comets when I got to August of 2011 and to my surprise i see the comet known as "Honda-Mrkos-Pajdusakova " fly what looks like into earth around the 21-22 of August 2011.Here you can view that yourselves.

janus.astro.umd.edu...

Just click on comets and see for yourselves. If that is the case, that means we have 4 1/2 years to do something about it. What are we doing, does anyone more informed know? it seems after reviewing that it's gonna happen on Aug,14th 2011.

[edit on 2-12-2006 by Conluceo]

Oh ye great thats gonna be one of the best birthdays im ever gonna have day after me B-day im gonna die

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by lightwarrior

I recently went to my town's University observatory and an astronomer told me that the 45P/Honda-Mrkos-Pajadusakova comet no longer exists. It may have veered off course or was hit from an unknown space object and was destroyed on impact. Sorry for previous typos.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I went to my town's University observatory and an astronomer told me the 45P/Honda-Mrkos-Pajdusakova comet no longer exists. It may have veered off course or was hit from an unknown space object and was destroyed on impact.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The Threat from the 45P/Honda-Mrkos-Pajdusacova comet no longer exists. It is no longer on a collision course with Earth. I hope this further clarification makes the situation understandable and dissipates any anxiety or concern on your part.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The Threat from the 45P/Honda-Mrkos-Pajdusakova comet no longer exists. It is no longer on a collision course with Earth. I hope this further clarification makes the situation understandable and dissipates any anxiety or concern on your part.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join