It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telepathy - good or bad?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Many predictions on whats going to happen when the mayan calender ends (2012) say we will experience a transformation and become telepathic, amongst other things.

whats going to happen if we all become telepathic? would there be a lot of killing going on? or a lot of forgiving going on?
everyone would know all your sins, and any guilts or regrets you have. we've all done something in our past that we're not proud of and dont want people to know.

so i think with this transformation, if telepathy does happen, it will be accompanied with the 'state of Om' or some sort of message from the divine that will enable people to forgive and forget. the 'state of Om' is that state of mind the buddhists and yogi's attain, where they have no thought or voice in their head, just a silent 'Ommmmm' and the only thoughts that pop up is when they try doing something, then it goes back to that silent 'Ommmmm'. Usually this state is brought on by 'awakening kundalini'. If this doesn't happen, there will be a lot of confusion, headaches, chaos and fighting amongst other things. Think of all the mentally ill, would you really want to hear their thoughts? or find out your lover has been cheating on you? or killed a man? or something of the like?
do we repent now and beg for forgiveness while we can?

can anyone shed some more light on this subject?

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I don't know if 2012 we are all going to wake up and be able to hear the thoughts of every person on the planet. I think people would go mad. Also men would have their buts kicked endlessly by women if that were to happen.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
I don't know if 2012 we are all going to wake up and be able to hear the thoughts of every person on the planet. I think people would go mad. Also men would have their buts kicked endlessly by women if that were to happen.

i think its believed to happen more like telepathic moments that increase in frequency up to the point where we are completely telepathic.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
If you love the truth, I don't see how you could see universal telepathic communication as anything but a blessing.

It would remove all doubt, and probably cure most mental illnesses, imo.

Evil relies on doubt, and fear, and lies to survive.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
If you love the truth, I don't see how you could see universal telepathic communication as anything but a blessing.

but what about people's pasts?

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Again, I think it might force forgiveness and repentance on us all, and I think that would be a good thing.

Also, telepathic ability doesn't necessarily equate to complete, unfettered access to another person's mind. Perhaps only the immediate thought or thoughts that were being "sent" would be available for "receipt", along with a perception of veracity, or the lack of it. We might still be able to have false thoughts, but they most likely would be identified as such by the "receiver".

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eonnn

Originally posted by Icarus Rising

but what about people's pasts?

People's pasts are just that, pasts. We can't live in the past or the future, we can plan ahead for the future, but we must live in the now. There is nothing we can do about the past, and if a person is different now, then that's what we need to focus on.

I agree that telepathy would makes things better here. People wouldn't be afraid of what's going on with their husband/wife, or what their kids are thinking. Instead we wouldn't have to be afraid to tell each other things, but we'd much rather talk them out and figure out a solution. I mean, if they are so in tune with you that they will here most of your thoughts, then why not find a solution for them instead of trying to hide them.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Well, I do have to tell you that Telepathy is definately cool, but it has its problems.

Like the potential complications if you get too much Telepathic input at one time. I remember one day my mind was particularly Psionically active and I got a monster of a headache from all of the Telepathic input I recieved.

And that entire "telepathic moments increasing in frequency" thing is definately sounding too much like the past few months in my life. Oh well, I guess I'll have to deal with it.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Ok, being telepathic does not mean that you hear everyones thoughts all the time. That would drive a person crazy. Sometimes, you hear the thoughts of those you connect to, and give thoughts to a person. The other times.....you hear when someone has an intence thought. For instance, someone is very sad, and they break down crying. THey are not screaming out loud, but they are screaming loudly in their head. Did I explain that ok? Those thoughts can be heard by anyone. And you dont just get the thoughts in those situations, you get the emotions as well. That part will truely be a blessing when everyone can do that. You are not going to hurt someone if you hear their thoughts and feel their pain. Just as people will not be as likely to turn their backs on someone and not get involved if they hear and feel that persons pleas.

As for everyone being able to do this by 2012 or whatever, I dont know. But I do know that it is happening more and more these days. THis year there have been many to experience this for the first time. Sometimes it is not easy to learn how to listen. People think they might be going crazy so they deny it until they start seeing that those thoughts really came from someone.

Also with telepathy, you are capable of hearing/connecting to anyone. Not just those near to you but those on the other side of the country, and those who have passed away.

Hope this helps.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
We are all telepathic, if we atttune ourselves to becoming silent within the Deep One Mind then we can hear other's through their Throat Chakra's, now in order to Disconnect from other's thought's, hmm that's strange isn't it, you must have to discipline your Mind to Observe silence and to concentrate upon your Breathing's and to Ignore other's thought's.

It's quite annoying, 24 hour silence observation's seem an ardous and hard task especially if you get used to just doing MNT for half to a full one hour. Awe inspiring....

We have our Transceiver's and our Receiver's, basically we are all Outputter's and Inputer's, as in Garbage In or Garbage Out, or Maybe Not...

I made the mistake of taking on Ashida Kim's "Secrets of Ninja Mind Control," Book#1 that is, with the taking on of "Evil Thought's," as part of Initiation into Spreading and Sensing other's thought's. That's the Stage of Never Ending Initiation that I suffer, I confess that's where I exist, I see life as Eternal Suffering where Karma is Now and Widespread...

I gather that the Mayan Hypotheses was thus:

In 1999 at least 12-13 year's before the End Time's the 5th Dimension would fuse within the other 4 and produce "siddhi" after "siddhi," point is within this Reality Construct, it's just a fitting like a Metaphorical Paradigm to explain Psy Phenomena which has already happened forever. Unless it's the Cosmic Radiation of the Sunspot Maxima's prevalent throughout these Time's, which slides into the Mayan Cosmo-Gnosis.

It can exist as a boon or as blessing, indeed I find it hard to stop thinking aloud, especailly when one own's an unique Obsessive Repetitive Mind, which React's with such stupid and inane Obsession's, it's quite ugly and personal.

Meme Negation is a hard act to follow, there musty exist a way to block the spreading of thought's to other's.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Telepathy: neither good nor bad.

Telepathy: nonexistent.

All of you who say different: prove it. Give me a tinkle on your Etheric Hotline.

Funny how I already know just how many messages I'm going to get. I must be... what's the word you fellows use? -- clairvoyant.

[edit on 5-12-2006 by Astyanax]

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Telepathy may seem like sensitised "hearing," it exists, to deny it wholesale is like running a storm against reason and rationalism.

Now can we good reps on Telekinesis???

I imagine the word is "clairaudience," or the ability to "hear" other's loud thought's.

I think what seem's most harrowing is this "pressure point," scenario where people will try to pre-empt by prescience and auditorial programming a series of "anxiety attack's" and also other sly but under hand methods.

I presume is this post-Hubbard world we are all deemed to exist as "clear's," where none of us are, it seem's, aberee's or psychick terrorist's.

Telepathy should exist as a postive model of transhumanist and post-anarchist conciousness, instead it is been thrown out into the sewer's into a dark-seid panorama of hellish hypno-mind game's.

Can this world be as sad as it seem's. Quoth, Charlie Manson.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Eonnn,

I think your hyposthesis could be right on the money. I recently developed telepathy, but I didn't even try to get it. The only reason why I found this site is because of it, I wanted to find a way to shut it off. I literally woke up and everyone in the world could: hear, see, and respond to what I was saying, thinking and doing. To be flat out honest this world is very sarcastic (a very good quality but misleading sometimes). So far I have not been able to stop thinking, or living for that matter, to please the world. Frankly the only result i have come to to get rid of my curse is to kill myself, and I'm too much of a puss to do so lol. Getting to the point, people honestly couldn't care if your have it or not, yes all of my past and future has been revealed to those who recieve the transmissions. I can't turn it off, and I can't see what others are doing or thinking, but I can hear them, and thats it for the recieving part. People will just adapt to it, yeah maybe a percentage will go crazy hell I did for a while. But just as technology forms everyday so will the ability to handle the responsibility of others motives or actions(by doing nothing because it's either too late or just a joke). I've done some dishonorable things in the past that I still think of, people just tell me to shut up and control my power(thats al they care about). I've gotten threats of death coming but it's all just sarcasim(took me a while to figure that out). I can't even look at a person (with out saying a word or thinking anything) with out getting a dirty comment(but it's sarcasim). And the way I see it if that does happen I won't be the only one. It will be something we all have in comin. Yes yes you may deny my existance but I know the truth, unless I have a very imaginative case of schizopherenia but the doctor says everything is fine(beast the S@$#! out of me!). I can't explain how or why is just is, they ask me to do everything including reading silently with out making a sound IDK HOW). Anywho, if this enlightment happens no worries, what happens happens others reactions are out of your and my control any how. Sorry to bring up an old thread but I'm trying to turn this crap off and nothing is working. Plus I found this thread to be a major coinsedence. If you have any other information on that theory please let me know I'd like to read it.

tukala

p.s. sometimes its a neccessary evil that does the trick!

new topics

top topics

join