It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Analysing Photographs of Cryptozoology.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
you can analyze these pics,films,or evidence 24/7,365,but common sense has to play a role in this.these creatures have been written about for thousands of years by not only white people,black people,and american immigrants,but the natives americans have reported on these creatures ever since they lived here which is god knows how much longer than our immigrant ancestors got here.common sense will tell you these people saw something! we have all seen the best of hollywood special effects,and in some of the pics i have seen,hollywood could not come close to faking that!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
you can analyze these pics,films,or evidence 24/7,365,but common sense has to play a role in this.these creatures have been written about for thousands of years by not only white people,black people,and american immigrants,but the natives americans have reported on these creatures ever since they lived here which is god knows how much longer than our immigrant ancestors got here.common sense will tell you these people saw something! we have all seen the best of hollywood special effects,and in some of the pics i have seen,hollywood could not come close to faking that!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
and what i hardly ever hear mentioned about the "patterson footage" is the fact that the sasquatch in the film has breasts!..who would go through the trouble of faking a female costume when a male costume would be easier to create...theres muscle movement beneath the fur in this female creature and a suit or costume would not show this kind of detail,i only wish they had more film left and had been able to follow the thing and kept on filming!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Great info! Thank you for sharing.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Gear

Thanks, my main area is analysing photos of the Loch Ness Monster. In that light, I have created a link to the various "classic" pictures which I add to as time goes on.

lochnessmystery.blogspot.co.uk...

Regards,

Roland

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by silverity

The eyewitness accounts of sightings of giant sea serpents is equally fascinating...

Almost 200 Sightings Of The Monstrous Sea Serpent Of Gloucester,Mass > www.unmuseum.org...

Since Olaus Magnus Detailed The First Account In 1555,There Have Been Estimated At Least 1,200 Reports Of Sea Monsters > www.tomlytle.com...

The Great New England Sea Serpent > www.pibburns.com...

Lake Monster Photographs > www.mysterycasebook.com...

edit on 4-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
. Thanks this will help

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
This was great read.
If everyone went through this checklist when posting a new pic to the forum a lot of answers could be presented with the evidence.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Gear

A lot of great info here, but how much of this applies if you think you are looking at an inter-dimensional species?

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
So many of the pictures I see it could just be my brain making forms into a face. Our tendency to make shapes into a human face is NOT a good thing when looking for these creatures.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Puppytoven
reply to post by Gear

A lot of great info here, but how much of this applies if you think you are looking at an inter-dimensional species?

Hello Puppytoven. Simply- almost nothing. Unfortunately any claims toward inter-dimensional species is a 'god of the gaps' argument. Unless it can be proven or largely supported to be inter-dimensional, then we must work with what we have. And If it is proven- then we've got a bigger can of worms and in need of better tools than when dealing with a 'blurry photograph' and vague claim!
However, while analyzing with the tools and knowledge we do have, as ufochick astutely pointed out you should take into consideration the phenomenon known as Pareidolia.
Whilst working with a possibility of pareidolia, it can be immensely difficult to determine when it is or is not real. Most of the time it is later shown to be caused purely coincidentally by trick of the light. The best explanation we have is that human beings are genetically wired to recognize things known to us. Most commonly is 'the human face'. Doing this allows us to create a shortcut in our brain's neural pathways to save energy, so we don't have to work out what we are looking at every single time we see something.
So while not excluding the possibility that it may be something we have not yet encountered- out best course of action is to use what we have, and knowledge is the best tool.

Some examples of pareidolia:

This is a picture of two circles and a line, clearly recognized as a rudimentary depiction of a face.

The famous Face on Mars found to be a trick of the light.

More recently, this face was discovered as an ultrasound of a tumor in a testicle.
edit on 4-4-2014 by Gear because: Example pictures added

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gear

I just saw one in broad daylight last year and had a vocalization occur in a different part of the state that is a known hotspot.
The one I saw up north appeared to be hunting birds pets and the smoked meats I was chucking into the back yard.
While the one down south seemed to be a bored/territorial male perhaps that actually followed my vehicle a short distance and creeped me out with the animosity in the roar.

I believe that with the right equipment and such they would be easy enough to capture. Personally I am barely getting along for now and even if I had a small amount of money to get out and post optics in these areas the risk may be substantial as the being I saw was indeed big enough and strong enough to snap a mans spine in half with nothing but a strong bitch slap and it was quieter than any creature I have every seen.
edit on 13-9-2015 by stabstab because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: stabstab

As a reply to myself I willsay that I am no stranger to the woods having spent a whole lot of time in Skamania county washington as a boy. I was never scared alone or with my mate to go out anywhere in those hills. It was not until I finally saw the beast that I was indeed worried about not having space age armor and offensive capabilities. I am a white guy after all and my first thought is how to survive the encounter after that amount of exposure.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: stabstab

Dont mind the retarded post there I was a bit hammered.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
You guys can keep talking christ I feel like I single handedly drunkenly derailed this whole thread.. so sorry....not really but c'mon guys don't make me feel bad here.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Hell yea, great post. THIS is the kind of analysis we need to determine the true strength of evidence.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Great information here.

Thanks for sharing.

Just one thing.

"Described as having red or glowing eyes."

Alligators have eyes that glow at night.
I have seen red and green.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Excellent Post!

And yes, we only researched what? 3% of the ocean? We have done more exploring in space than in the ocean depths. I suspect many, many new cryptids to be found.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Excellent post and one to bookmark and keep! I am a researcher in the Bigfoot field, do some photographic analyzation, but I am primarily an audio analyzer. There is a great series of books published by the MABRC's DW Lee, etc called 'Bigfoot Field Guide" The one for photographs is "Bigfoot Field Guide - In the shadows - Photographic Analysis in Bigfoot Research". They have a corresponding one for Audio Analysis, Video, Markers, etc. All of these in this series is available on Amazon.

Blessings, Holayela

Bigfoot Field Guide In the Shadows Research Series

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Wow

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join