It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is The Reason Behind 9/11 Conspiracy Theories?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Thats all I have to say,

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Cameron, maybe if you capitalize some more words and growl some more and keep insulting other posters' intelligence and integrity you will start changing minds.

Just a suggestion, based on admiration of your part in this thread thus far.

on topic--

I think it'd be a little more productive if we (read: y'all) started looking at the events preceding the attacks, rather than the attacks themselves. We can analyze bolts and heat levels all day long but the towers will still be down.

A plane flew into the towers. It was probably piloted by Muslim extremists. This is neither the beginning or the end of what happened on 9/11/01. Just because the towers weren't brought down by bombs or aliens or something doesn't vindicate the government.

Look at the weeks before and the months after the attacks. Pay close attention where you see money changing hands. Read up on Silverstein and his insurance policies. Read up on Pearl Harbor and Operation Northwoods. Follow the paper trail, such as it is, and I'm reasonably confident that you'll learn something you didn't know.

This is not a black-and-white issue. It's not the super bowl, our guys against theirs. Stop acting like it is-- the future of the free world is at stake and a lot of us are still bickering about the details.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Actually why has not someone made a thread as follows cause I'd sure love to comment in it: What is the reason behind 9/11 official story believers?

If I'm mental for believing in 9/11 conspiracies then what is wrong with these people?

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
there is no conspiracy theory to 911
there is only a conspiracy

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Reason behind the conspiracy theories??

A general distrust of the United States Government. That distrust comes from experience. Plus there are way too many unanswered questions regarding 911:

The Pentagon, and Building 7 most noteable.

A have for a long time now believed that the crashing of the jets into the twin towers was a diversion away from Building 7. But I don't want to stray too far off the topic here.

[edit on 12/2/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I agree with the last two folks. My mind is not made up on what EXACTLY which "theory" is true. But to look at all the facts and say definitively "the official story is correct" would be pretty ignorant. There are too many inconsistencies (building 7, events prior to 9/11), too many things that are not released (videos of pentagon), too much media censoring (of talking about the pentagon) for it to have went exactly as the government states it did.

Is there enough evidence out right now for me to definitively say that any one theory is true? No. But the given evidence does NOT fully support the government's story either. I would much rather be wrong and debate/sift through the evidence and question our government than let something as large as this go because of people like you. I at least am willing to entertain the possibility that, despite what the government tells us, two plus two does NOT equal five.

Could it simply be that it was a very complex situation and alot of things fell into place in order to make any story or explanation about what happened suspect? Sure. As I said, I am willing to entertain all possibilites. But as I just said, I'd rather weed out the simpler explanations before assuming that the planets were aligned perfectly on September 11th. Unfortunately in this situation, the "simpler" explanations are these theories. Cheers.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The reason behind the 911 conspiricy theory is: The governments story is BS

And anyone with eyes and a little common sense can come to the logical conclusion that jet fuel and impacts do not bring two of the largest buildings in the world down on their own foot print.

So it must be publicized that anyone that doughts the governments version are just plain idiots.

AFter all, never in the history of the world has a government EVER done something as sinister as sabotage itself for hidden adgendas.

Or have they?

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Coincidence #1 (for me):

The last time a plane hit a building in New York was: Oct 11th, 2006.

That date (month first) can be written: 101106.
and when we turn it over we can see: 901101.
the last time a building was hit by a plane in New York City.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Coincidence #2 (for me):

When i fold a $5 bill from 2000 a certain way i see two towers standing, with planes coming from either side.

When i fold a $10 bill from 2000 the same way i see the tower on the right smoking.

When i fold a $20 bill from 2000 the same way i see both towers smoking, and the one on the left was hit lower than the one on the right.

When i fold a $50 bill from 2000 the same way i see the tower on the left is a smoking pile, and the one on the right is still standing, and still smoking.

When i fold a $100 bill from 2000 the same way as i have folded all the other bills, i see two smoldering piles, and no buildings standing.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Coincidence #3 (for me)

911 Trinity = 9113

1 = A
2 = B
3 = C
4 = D
5 = E
6 = F
7 = G
8 = H
9 = I
10 = J
11 = K
12 = L
13 = M

9th letter of the alphabet = I
1st letter of the alphabet = A
13th letter of the alphabet = M

9113 = "I AM"

What does your "opinion" tell you?

POP Quiz:

Question #1:

1. This is the result of:

a) Proof there is a God.
b) Proof there is a conspiracy
c) Proof there is a coincidence.
d) _______________________ (other) Please specify.

Although my opinion tells me the answer is "a", i choose the truth. i choose "d", and i will specify as to why:

d) proof of "Free Will", and proof of "Reasonable Doubt".

Coincidence #4 (for me):

Is still: 911 Trinity, i am

and the two towers fell, when hit by one plane called flight 11.

And out of all the planes, one did not hit it's intended target:

after the towers (11) fell ...... 9113 minus two towers is: 93

the one plane that did not hit it's intended target.

9113 [mirror] Trinity won 19.

perhaps the holy trinity won 19 hijackers?

some of som's' thoughts anyways.

[edit on 3-12-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Three towers neatly down. The third tower is rarely even mentioned by the media, and wasn't even hit by a plane. These two sentences alone are enough to raise questions about the official story.

Can I get an Amen! Please pass the collection plate around if ya' feel me!

Troy

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
Three towers neatly down. The third tower is rarely even mentioned by the media, and wasn't even hit by a plane. These two sentences alone are enough to raise questions about the official story.

Troy

AMEN

here: .02

(sorry god, i am a poor servant)

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Originally posted by cybertroy

Troy

AMEN

here: .02

(sorry god, i am a poor servant)

lol

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Hi All,
firstly apologies for jumping straight in here as a newbie. I will in due course get around to introducing myself on the appropriate thread.

The events of 9/11 caused a great deal of anguish and disbelief to many of us, and as a supporter of truth I in no way seek to minimize the loss of lives or feelings of those affected by the events of that day, however, IMHO 9/11 can never be considered without also delving into the preceding political and CIA operatives, or the USS Cole bombing in October 2000. 9/11 gave the justification necessary for the US invasion of Iraq. An invasion that the Taliban had been seeking since the mid to late 90’s when it sought a US clean up of conflict that was jeopardizing oil deals. In due course the Taliban pulled out until such time as Iraq could be stabilized. The armed forces movement into Afghanistan also coincided with the proposed 2006 commencement of a new pipeline through Afghanistan/Pakistan. A pipeline which could in effect be a major link between the Caspian Sea (the world’s richest known oil field) and major shipping ports in Pakistan. Given proposed oil field viability reports and the booming economies of both China and India (both countries usage is estimated to surpass that of the US), as well as economic factors of conversion, usage and supply, oil is fast becoming a very valuable commodity when considering not just transport but the overall commodity of energy.

In all fairness, I could not do justice to the oil issues relevant to 9/11 and the deals involving Iraq/Iran, US oil consortiums and CIA trained Osama Bin Laden with one small post. 9/11 is not a stand alone event; it is part of a global political and economical system which cannot be regarded in pieces but needs to be viewed in its entirety. If anyone is interested I have an article tucked away somewhere, which includes citations.

Despite how or why 9/11 occurred, the fact that it was possible and the subsequent loss of innocent lives in the name of pursuing justice is what concerns me, but today’s political and social economic situation is simply not something which can be measured with a puritan sense of justice, lest we become fools to our own ignorance.

Anyways, hopefully I haven't stepped on too many toes with my first post.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Why do people continue to defend Blair & Bush in regards to 9-11 and Iraq etc. It is them who are the real conspiracy nuts. If I remember rightly Saddam was a threat to the west who supposedly had biological weapons of mass destruction that could be prepared within 45 minutes and was a direct threat to the UK. How I laughed my ass off when I first heard this, but quite alot of people bought into it

It's blatantly obvious that the 9-11 commission report has more holes in it than a tetleys teabag
and questions remain unanswered to this day.

It's funny how people who back Bush and the official 9-11 commission report dont mention anything about Saddam having connections to Al-Queda

It's safe to say that the Bush administration are the real conspiracy nuts.
The rest of us are just looking & searching for the truth!

[edit on 3-12-2006 by kindred]

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram
Cameron, maybe if you capitalize some more words and growl some more and keep insulting other posters' intelligence and integrity you will start changing minds.

Just a suggestion, based on admiration of your part in this thread thus far.

on topic--

I think it'd be a little more productive if we (read: y'all) started looking at the events preceding the attacks, rather than the attacks themselves. We can analyze bolts and heat levels all day long but the towers will still be down.

A plane flew into the towers. It was probably piloted by Muslim extremists. This is neither the beginning or the end of what happened on 9/11/01. Just because the towers weren't brought down by bombs or aliens or something doesn't vindicate the government.

Look at the weeks before and the months after the attacks. Pay close attention where you see money changing hands. Read up on Silverstein and his insurance policies. Read up on Pearl Harbor and Operation Northwoods. Follow the paper trail, such as it is, and I'm reasonably confident that you'll learn something you didn't know.

This is not a black-and-white issue. It's not the super bowl, our guys against theirs. Stop acting like it is-- the future of the free world is at stake and a lot of us are still bickering about the details.

Para ~ First off, Jin and I were going from Thred to thred all morning yesterday and his lies were getting more obvious. That was the end of just one. (they carried into U2U's which he initiated) Thank you for your input

I did look into the weeks prior. Like most of us have. Can you show me somewhere that proves Silverstein benifited financialy on this day?

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Well i do know that Silverstien is fighting in court to get more insurance mony. I do not know if he made any money from the building of the Freedom Tower but i am sure the company that got the contract to build it made some money.

Also whoever put the "put" options on the airline stocks made alot of money.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Okay, first of all i haven't seen anyone make any comments on any of the facts which i mentioned, which is in part what this thread is about.

Second of all, I find it ironic how some people would immediately claim that anyone who questions the "conspiracy theories involving 9/11 believe the official story and are idiots"...when most of the statements made by those some people calling others "idiots" are hilarious at the least.

I still see people claim "oh but tehre were huge explosives in the towers" yet the fact is that the only people reporting explosions in the building, were the ones close, or inside the buildings which survived.

Any "large amount of explosives" and as some people have claimed "mini-nukes" would have been heard for several blocks, and would have left seismic signatures. Not to mention the fact that "mini-nukes" will leave radiation and would have caused radiation damage to hundreds and thousands of people in New York... oh but if you mention these facts you are immediately a "government agent"...and then you have some people say if you don't believe these claims you are an "idiot"?....

Again, i haven't seen anyone make any mention about the fact that the Chinese government did allow and backed a book which was written in 1999 by two Chinese Colonels which mentions that in the next war they will use unrestrited warfare against the U.S., and in that same book the two colonels say that using unconventional means to attack nations like the U.S. such as using terrorists such as Bin Laden to attack places such as the world trade center, would cause chaos and would benefit China among others.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Again, i haven't seen anyone make any mention about the fact that the Chinese government did allow and backed a book which was written in 1999 by two Chinese Colonels which mentions that in the next war they will use unrestrited warfare against the U.S., and in that same book the two colonels say that using unconventional means to attack nations like the U.S. such as using terrorists such as Bin Laden to attack places such as the world trade center, would cause chaos and would benefit China among others.

dammit, I was just about to say that very thing and you beat me to it.

Sorry, I couldn't help it. That was a bit of an obscure (yet extremely specific) statement you were watching for, wasn't it?

I agree with your core sentiments, Muaddib, but I take issue with the extreme delineation you use in this argument, and your handling of others that land on the opposite side to you. You seem to place any questioning of the final explanation of the day's events in a hard and fast category of "therefore the government did it". And while a significant amount of people who do question also end up in the latter position; not every one does. More and more I feel like I don't even fit in here anymore. Because I truly don't have a home on either side of this black and white issue....which every one seems hell-bent on keeping black and white so the argument can continue instead of any rational discussion.

It has become extremely unenjoyable. I find myself spending more time and characters on defending my, your and others rights to have the #ing discussion in the first place, than I get to use on the discussion itself. I'm thinking I may bail on the whole 911 forum and then petition to be able to do a forum-wide ignore. The only other option is to just type up a generic "why we have the right to discuss this" post and keep it handy so that I can copy/paste it once a week.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Hmm, I loosely made mention to Russia and China, though not in the context that either of them were responsible for 9/11. The logistics of the actual 9/11 event is entirely different to the motivation, and your original post made reference to both these things.

In response, I as did many others focused on the motivational aspect, and currently I am going through some old reports based on Russia and China's position with the US both in 2001 and now. As for the book extract I skimmed it but in find nothing which could promote a view that China is responsible. It's almost like saying that no-one but those in the Chinese militia/Government read or had access to the book prior to 9/11, a totally ridiculous proposition as I'm sure you'd agree.

I also believe that China and Russia are both in increasingly powerful positions at the moment but that neither have anything to gain or lose at this stage by going up against the US, though it is very likely that both are more than ready and able to defend themselves against the US should the need arise.

As for 9/11 it brought a lot of sympathy to the US, and also worldwide support economically and politically, and though some of those countries are less advanced they are still viable and able to strengthen the US' weakening position in global politics.

As for the thought that the US could in some way promote or endorse such an event as 9/11 against itself makes me cringe, so I've given up speculating as to who is responsible and instead focus on offering information about the various factions that may have played a role, because 9/11 is destined to remain a mystery.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Good post Fred! I for one would like to see a lot more open discussion surrounding the topic, unfortunately though it's a subject which tends to become weighted with emotion. And by it's very nature it could only ever be an arduous and convoluted topic to discuss.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gypsy_Rose
Hi All,
firstly apologies for jumping straight in here as a newbie. I will in due course get around to introducing myself on the appropriate thread.

No apologies needed! Welcome to our think tank (BTS, ATS, & PTS). Glad you found your way here!

Given proposed oil field viability reports and the booming economies of both China and India (both countries usage is estimated to surpass that of the US), as well as economic factors of conversion, usage and supply, oil is fast becoming a very valuable commodity when considering not just transport but the overall commodity of energy.

What is Energy? Can Oil just be one example of what humanity can expect to see from our world "leaders"? What is mean by this is it should be self evident that if world powers (money) will go to these lengths to control oil because it is an energy source, then follow the path down to the perspective of the future.. ....

What is energy?

Energy = Mass X Speed of light squared

E = MC squared.

So, if we can clearly witness how the leaders of the world, and their values ($) will act and behave in their quest to control the transportation and commodity of energy, then surely at some point the governments that the people allow to rise to power will eventually CONTROL BOTH MASS AND LIGHT in their quest to exercise control over that which they love, ENERGY, and $$$$$$.

How much did British Petroleum say they made in surplus profits last quarter?
$35,000 every minute over a span of only 3 months?

no percievable motive there?

* No, i was not directing any questions at you personally Gypsy_Rose, just expanding upon your thought processes that made me ask myself some rhetorical questions, that i thought i would share. It is a writing style i use a little too much some times, but at least it provokes thought. I very much enjoyed reading your posts. Thanks for your contributions.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join