It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Case Closed: Saddam and Osama Connection

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 08:10 PM
link   
....the facts, and the facts speak literally for themselves!

what are facts without context? a weird kind of dangling-participle?

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I'm not sure how the post above relates. I'm sure it must, but its not clear which facts need to be addressed.

I would encourage anyone posting to read the Department Of Defense's official statement in my post at the bottom of the previous page before there are any more proverbial feet in mouths.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 08:26 PM
link   
In government circles, this is called: non-denial denial.
It neither denies nor confirms the information given in the memo....bascially, "smoke and mirrors".
This article is simply indicating that the DoD denies confirmation of so-called 'new' information that was reported by recent reporters, but doesn't discount the evidences that already exist within and publically on the Saddam/Osama/Al Qaida connection. In other words...the Weekly Standard was not correct.
This also indicates a "Leak" on previously secured intel. information.
To think that this article suggests that the DoD has no "link" or intel information that connects Saddam to Osama/Al Qaida, that would be a mistake. The article essentially says they have no "new" information....it doesn't discount what they already have.

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Dexxy, I found the post you were referencing.

Seekerof, in non-government circles where denial and non-denial denial neither have to be confirmed nor denied, it is called "Feith is bull#".

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The only thing that bothers me more than the smugness of the left is their inability to admit to the truth that they find distastefull.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 09:09 PM
link   
what is the point of being smug when we are all just the cannon fodder caught in the middle of this mess. The best we can hope for is to be able to dodge a bullet when the time comes, other than that this remains just an interesting mental exercise...

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Yes..there is a link alright. Both are sipping martini's
in Columbia next to the poolside along with thier sons.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by EPLURIBUSUNUM
Yes..there is a link alright. Both are sipping martini's
in Columbia next to the poolside along with thier sons.

You sure? I thought the US govt had stuffed the corpses of Saddams sons? I remember the pictures.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 05:56 AM
link   
MA:
"Seekerof, in non-government circles where denial and non-denial denial neither have to be confirmed nor denied, it is called "Feith is male bovine shyte".

How about ask the Senate Intelligience Committee if they consider it "male bovine shyte"....I mean geez, they have had information of this 'connection' for years.....the information is real, just that no "conclusions" have been written. Again, this article is smoke and mirrors....DoD is protecting/covering its azz.

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 06:00 AM
link   
The libs are always stating that Osama Bin Laden was created by the US. A country that he hates.

They then have the temerity to come back with the argument that he wouldn't deal with Iraq because he hates that country.

You can't have it both ways.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
The libs are always stating that Osama Bin Laden was created by the US. A country that he hates.

They then have the temerity to come back with the argument that he wouldn't deal with Iraq because he hates that country.

You can't have it both ways.
Such an opinion is not contradictory.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Incase anyone forgot, Bin Laden wasn't behind the 9/11 attacks, it was a US/Israeli operation to turn the world against radical Islam, and it most certainly has worked, very well indeed.

"On Nov. 16, The Washington Post's Walter Pincus reported that the CIA has found "no evidence that Hussein sought to arm terrorists.""

www.mediainfo.com...

Seekerof, you swallow this crap everytime, why?

This leak was obviously designed to boost support for the Iraq war, and the way the story has been presented in the US media, that is exactly what it will do, even though it is clearly based on disinformation.

In my opinion the only clear link between Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden is that they were both involved with the CIA.

The CIA are the biggest and most effective terrorists in the world, the bomb in Istanbul was (IMHO) a CIA operation, as was the Riyad blast, as was the bombing of the Italian police station and several more of the supposed al-qaeda attacks in recent months. All the bombings that are not solely against US/UK targets should be treated with suspicion, why would al-qaeda+Bathists fighters want to start a fight with the whole world when they only need to target the US/UK. They are weakening their own hand, not something that is in their own interests, however funnily enough something that is most certainly in the interest of the occupying powers. The bombing of the UN, the Shiite mosque and the Red Cross for example only reduce public support for the people fighting the US/UK and create sympathy within the country for the occupying powers.

The reasons for invading Iraq had nothing to do with terrorism or WMD, Seekerof, when are you going to accept this? This war was all about $$$$$$, and you know it!

Here is a US gov expert in the middle east, blasting Bush's policy on Iraq, this guy worked for the Pentagon until very recently.

www.guerrillanews.com...

""The justifications for that war were completely counter to everything that I had learned in that 20-odd years of government service working on the Middle East," Molan told Democracy Now!. "I was simply outraged by the twisting and turning of intelligence information that I had helped develop to what was clearly, to my mind, a preordained policy decision that I felt to be profoundly wrong. Nothing about this suggests that Saddam Hussein was anything but a brutal dictator. He was. But that's not why we went to war.""

[Edited on 18-11-2003 by Peace]

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
The only thing that bothers me more than the smugness of the left is their inability to admit to the truth that they find distastefull.

Volume is never a substitute for substance; there has been no substance presented. Seek's post with all those links is the equivalent of a mini-burger on a 1/2 pound burger roll - you can put a bottle of ketchup & half a head of lettuce, but you still find yourself asking - "Where's the Beef?"

I am not the sage archiveist of ATS, but we had long ago refuted nearly all the sources you've entered as being partisan mudraker sites, along with rense/common dreams, etc.

Newsmax, Worldnet daily, free republic, rush limbaugh, are all agenda driven sites not worthy of entry into anything but the Mudpit.

Ny Post- Rupert Murdock comics-trying-to-be-a-newspaper. It gets sold in my city for a Quarter....that's practically free in NY. Why? Because everyone recognizes it's a Yellow Rag.

Weekly Standard? Richard Mellon Scaife's own personal vendetta sheet against the Clintons, where some of the biggest whoppers were launched in the histrory of Journalism.

The legit sources offered, such as the Christian Science Monitor ( excellent source ), offer an overview of the pre war build up and how Osama was being an opportunist to sieze the thunder towards jihad, though he thought Secular Iraq to be Infidels!
The PBS interview deals with a hand picked "mouthpiece" from the Iraqi National Congress when they were "whoring" to lend a legit "Iraqi Stamp" to the reasons offered by the Bush Administration, so the quid pro quo of them being installed as the post Invasion governing body can be complete.

"Attack the Sources, not the Message" holds no water here; the sources are rumors and to enter them into debate brings shame upon your House of Research!!

And Seek, while "Neo-Con" may not be a label for you, being knee deep in anything like Free Republic or NewsMax, coupled with the scrolling marque in your sig file, definetly does not earn you " Seeker of Truth" status, now does it?

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 09:27 AM
link   
What has been presented that warrants $Trillion Dollar Warfare?
Even believing the grasp at straws that substitute for war justifications these days?
Read me any laundry list you want on Saddam being a dirt bag worthy of a bullet cough drop; it still pales in comparison to who is on our friendly allies list, it still was a Eunich of a threat amply contained by thousands of Allied sorties since 1991, and it's links to any type of cost/benefit analysis on the Terror War , where we're raping a benefit, are nil.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peace
Incase anyone forgot, Bin Laden wasn't behind the 9/11 attacks, it was a US/Israeli operation to turn the world against radical Islam, and it most certainly has worked, very well indeed.

"On Nov. 16, The Washington Post's Walter Pincus reported that the CIA has found "no evidence that Hussein sought to arm terrorists.""

www.mediainfo.com...

Seekerof, you swallow this crap everytime, why?

This leak was obviously designed to boost support for the Iraq war, and the way the story has been presented in the US media, that is exactly what it will do, even though it is clearly based on disinformation.

In my opinion the only clear link between Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden is that they were both involved with the CIA.

The CIA are the biggest and most effective terrorists in the world, the bomb in Istanbul was (IMHO) a CIA operation, as was the Riyad blast, as was the bombing of the Italian police station and several more of the supposed al-qaeda attacks in recent months. All the bombings that are not solely against US/UK targets should be treated with suspicion, why would al-qaeda+Bathists fighters want to start a fight with the whole world when they only need to target the US/UK. They are weakening their own hand, not something that is in their own interests, however funnily enough something that is most certainly in the interest of the occupying powers. The bombing of the UN, the Shiite mosque and the Red Cross for example only reduce public support for the people fighting the US/UK and create sympathy within the country for the occupying powers.

The reasons for invading Iraq had nothing to do with terrorism or WMD, Seekerof, when are you going to accept this? This war was all about $$$$$$, and you know it!

Here is a US gov expert in the middle east, blasting Bush's policy on Iraq, this guy worked for the Pentagon until very recently.

www.guerrillanews.com...

""The justifications for that war were completely counter to everything that I had learned in that 20-odd years of government service working on the Middle East," Molan told Democracy Now!. "I was simply outraged by the twisting and turning of intelligence information that I had helped develop to what was clearly, to my mind, a preordained policy decision that I felt to be profoundly wrong. Nothing about this suggests that Saddam Hussein was anything but a brutal dictator. He was. But that's not why we went to war.""

[Edited on 18-11-2003 by Peace]

You know, I try to be very tolerable about how people believe what they do........
You said?
"Seekerof, you swallow this crap everytime, why?"

Everytime? Peace......I'm going to be tolerable again.....listen dude......you may think, along with many others, that YOU indeed have the TRUTH, but I would seriously suggest that your bravado, given each and everytime that you post with the assertions of what you asserted to me, is a bit over-stepping your bounds in regards to confining and defining TRUTH.

You percieve and see differently from me and others...do we not?
Then you assert:
"The reasons for invading Iraq had nothing to do with terrorism or WMD, Seekerof, when are you going to accept this? This war was all about $$$$$$, and you know it!"

Excuse me there again Peace.........................................
Millions may believe that liberal BS that you wish to believe, wholeheartedly, but be assurd and also be reminded that there are just as many millions who believe quite the opposite!
Do I accept what you say as "the truth".....hell no!
Why should I?
Your 'assertions' are just that.....assertions....
all of which, according to each and everyone, is a matter of perception and perspective.....again, is it not?
Blow smoke somewhere else......

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Wow, great thread going here. Looks like we're holding this discussion along side the river denial, doesn't it. Every Bin Laden, Hussien supporter this side of the West Bank wants this info stiffled..of course I think Mr. Seekerof expected this when he posted the info. I don't think there is anyone who doesn't really know what is going on the middle east. Some of us like the motto Deny Ignorance and some like the motto Deny anything I don't agree with. You all know as well as I do that Bin Laden and Hussien and the whole damn viper's nest in the mid-east have been in league for years. You know it, we know it..yet you must carry on spreading all that crap and we must continue to pretend that we really aren't sure about it for the sake of who the hell knows. I think its about damn time we all stopped this pretending and make our true intent known. If you think your side is worth fighting for, why deny it? Is your only action to promote it some lowly mis-information campaign like a coward behind a keyboard? Faceless , faceless, and still ashamed of what you all represent. If you love the hell out of Bin Laden for what he did, why hide it on here? If you think Saddam is as virtuous a son of a bitch that has ever lived, why deny it and pretend your posts are out of mistrust for the US instead of support for those you believe in?

I'll be the first to say that I know the score. I know whats in store for every non-Arab person on Earth. I know what the true goal is and I refuse to hide my disgust for it any longer and pretend its only a mis-understood few. What a world we live in when we must fight for survival against an enemy we're not allowed to acknowledge who we must live and work with knowing deep in our hearts, they plan our genocide. Well, screw that!

Who else will be brave enough to admit the truth. The real truth..not the made up crap that gets mass e-mailed to all of you?

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I wasn't gonna respond to this thread because the premise is crap. But, I gotta mention something to Bout Time.

NO! I don't want newsmax, limbaugh, or any of the right winger used toilet paper rags to dirty up the Mudpit.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep
Wow, great thread going here. Looks like we're holding this discussion along side the river denial, doesn't it. Every Bin Laden, Hussien supporter this side of the West Bank wants this info stiffled..of course I think Mr. Seekerof expected this when he posted the info. I don't think there is anyone who doesn't really know what is going on the middle east. Some of us like the motto Deny Ignorance and some like the motto Deny anything I don't agree with. You all know as well as I do that Bin Laden and Hussien and the whole damn viper's nest in the mid-east have been in league for years. You know it, we know it..yet you must carry on spreading all that crap and we must continue to pretend that we really aren't sure about it for the sake of who the hell knows. I think its about damn time we all stopped this pretending and make our true intent known. If you think your side is worth fighting for, why deny it? Is your only action to promote it some lowly mis-information campaign like a coward behind a keyboard? Faceless , faceless, and still ashamed of what you all represent. If you love the hell out of Bin Laden for what he did, why hide it on here? If you think Saddam is as virtuous a son of a bitch that has ever lived, why deny it and pretend your posts are out of mistrust for the US instead of support for those you believe in?

I'll be the first to say that I know the score. I know whats in store for every non-Arab person on Earth. I know what the true goal is and I refuse to hide my disgust for it any longer and pretend its only a mis-understood few. What a world we live in when we must fight for survival against an enemy we're not allowed to acknowledge who we must live and work with knowing deep in our hearts, they plan our genocide. Well, screw that!

Who else will be brave enough to admit the truth. The real truth..not the made up crap that gets mass e-mailed to all of you?
You say this, but the very government you think is doing justice is going about stifling information on Saudi Arabia's role in 09.11.01. Not even our government is going to stop it from continuing if they do # like that.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   
* stepping in quietly *

hey Zzub,

I am thinking along with you, I thought that we had killed saddams sons ?

Did I miss a news release after the one that said we had them and they showed pictures of the bodies ?

I'm confused ???

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
No, I don't think our government is doing justice. I don't think it was justice to fly Bin Laden's family secretly out of the US while the rest of our working people were stranded whereever their plane was forced to land.. I don't think its justice to ignore Saudi Arabia's role in all this and I don't think its justice to fart around trying to please the UN while letting Hussien spirit his weaponry and himself out of the country. I don't think its a coincidence that Bin Laden nor Hussien have been killed or captured and I don't buy every line of crap that comes out of the pentagon and their denial of this link is one of those instances. I know that whole bunch is in on their plans to re-people the earth the way they think it should be and I know our government is well aware of it too.

My point is, we're all well aware of it so why must we continue to play this stupid game? If we're to fight a war for our survival, then lets friggin get it on and stop hiding like cowards behind a keyboard trying to win people over. If you're sitting there a part of a sleeper terror cell, what the hell are you waiting for? Does the fact that you spray misinformation all over a few websites everyday give some solice or do you feel fear deep in the pit of your stomach and thus shame for it? This whole thing is about the way, I and every other American live our lives and our refusal of your control. All, I'm saying is put up or shut up. Come get some!

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join