It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why are YOU here?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I am here out of curiosity, because of a expierence I had with a Grey which I believe was a sleep paralysis manifestation, the mind "looking at itself" type of thing, to read others views and expierences, to possibly offer alternate theories to the accepted ones, and to read theories that challenge my own

[edit on 30-11-2006 by Spores From Space]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I am here because it is interesting.

I actually believed in UFOs and aliens MORE than I do now after spending time on this forum. Thank you all for bringing me back to reality.

(I still believe, I am just a lot more cautious of what I accept as 'evidence'. So far I have yet to find any here, but there are a lot of unexplainables.).

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   
im here because you are never too old to learn and to keep an eye on rivergoddess keeping an eye on others

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I'm from Project Black Orion. Can't give you guys any further details.
So I've been sent to snoop around and find out if anyone here on ATS is getting too close to the truth for comfort!

I have a couple of guys in my sights already. Unfortunately, they may have to be terminated either like this..

OR, like this...

So ufotimetravel, which method do you prefer??

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 02:38 AM
link   
1. Nostalgia -- I used to be fascinated by UFOs and aliens when I was a kid. Grew out of that, though.

2. Interest -- not in lights in the sky and bug-eyed children with rickets, but in the people who believe in such things and what makes them tick.

3. Entertainment -- I know it's a bit wicked, but I enjoy watching the faithful thrashing about.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I'm here because...

1. I stumbled across this site while on other space related sites and appreciate the moderators - though harsh at times, overall fair.

2. An interest I've had since I commnced inner monologue, lures me to this topic.

3. Why I frequent so often has me baffled.

4. To read responses like on this thread, that make me realise I am not alone with this curiosity and outlook on present day earth.

5. Waiting for the comment, dude are you watching tv - w-tee-f is that, moment - even though I believe an unlikely event.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I'm here because I am really into the paranormal. I've also been abducted and want answers.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I think I am here for some reasons.

One of those is to see what other people think, that is something I always liked to do.

Another reason is to try to convince people to use the original photos from Mars or the Moon instead of bad copies.

A third reason is to see if I could finally see something that can show me what UFOs really are.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I like to see what people are thinking and then give my biased and unsolicited opinion on that, where you can't punch me.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Because after one night in The Blue Oyster Bar an Alien called Kelvin used some clever alien technological liquid to make me unconscious and when I awoke in a hotel room next morning my bottom felt like it had been anally probed

I visit to gain a benchmark of gullibility mostly I believe. Both here and in the Paranormal Forum I find I have had some experiences similar to some of those talked about, my explanations are different that's all.

I am becoming more and more convinced that belief is a great part of it.

Take sleep / dream / nightmare problems / events.

Sleep-time Alien abduction syndrome here follows a similar pattern to shadow people / spirit etc events in the Paranormal Forum. The main difference I see is your belief in aliens or spirits alters the perception of recalled events.

I would be interested to know if anyone with a belief in both camps have had a multitude of similar experiences but say some were paranormal the others alien. Problem here is I suppose that your mind would really have to be 50 / 50 in order not to bias outcome.

This week though the main reason I am online is because I have been temporarily confined to home and I am fed up playing guitar and five knuckle shuffle.

SS over and out

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I'm here because I feel I should be. I don't know why. There's so many questions
and the answers may come from one of you. I feel a kindred spirit here at ATS.
Cover-ups bother me. Secrets intrigue me.
Knowledge abounds here, I learn something everyday.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I am here to wade through the 99.9% of drivel to find the 0.1% that points to something quite amazing!

2 years ago I had never heard of "Rendlesham Forest". Now its one of my favourite subjects.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
ORiginally I came here because of an odd interest for aliens. Now, it's more a form of therapy, to find out what's up and what's down in my life. And because I don't like being lied to by governments.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I'm with Lockheed Skunkworks and I'm looking for ex-employees who are spilling the beans.

But seriously folks, I used to live in Roswell when in the mid 1970s for about a year, I was in 4th grade. I didn't know about the 1947 event, however I did become very interested in ufos and had some strange nightmares and things during that time. That was also during the time that the first pictures were taken of Mars and they showed the face on tv. Could just been an overactive imagination.

So I came out here to get more info. It's been a good jumping off place to research on the internet names and what not associated with ufology.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
To talk about the supernatural without being made fun of by idiots (or allegedly smart people who don't know any better).

Some days when there is heavy troll traffic I ask myself why I am still here.

I'm sure the trolls, and those on the far left, wonder why I'm still here as well.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I don't post in UFO's very often, but the thing which made me originally is due to the UFO/aircraft that is/was the Aurora. I don't know where i originally found out about it, but when I searched for it, I found here. Also the Phoenix lights is quite interesting.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
....enlightenment. Mostly, I sift and strain fact from fiction in many subjects and add remarks and opinion when I percieve a comment is neccessary. I believe nothing without thorough scrutiny and in this age of digital image manipulation I have many reservations on certain images submitted on many forums.
Opinion is fine for most subjects but some subjects require a more scientific approach to bring home a convincing system of logic and credibility to cement theory into facts.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I am here to learn ,explore,and ponder on a vast spectrum of issues that are important to me,i have a thirst for the unknown ,and in a never ending stream of others thoughts i have acquired a better understanding of not being the only one to question why we are here,all the time i seem to be surrounded by people who have interest no in anything other than the hear and now,so ATS is a good place to discover new issues and view some quite captivating threads,before Internet 2 takes over

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I am here because I am looking for more information and evidence to support everything I've heard about to now. I wonder how often there are really good sightings and the number of photographs that never make their way to the public eye. I know about the government having full control over what is held back from the general news media and we have to do the digging ourselves.

Considering the number of people involved in these compartmentalised top secret projects, surely one or two of them will be tempted to stroll into a library / internet cafe and give us some good information to investigate....I am waiting for this and I want to be here when it comes in.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Aliens are coming to abduct all the good looking sexy people.

You will be safe.

I'm here to say goodbye.

Seriously I guess I’d have to say I’m here to share what I’ve learned to be true during my time on this big blue marble from those I find more knowledgeable or wiser than me with anybody who wants to hear it or do the same. Haven’t had too many takers so something tells me I might be on the wrong planet...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join