It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror Story….. Imminent Threat ???????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
wasnt there supposed to be an american hiroshima already..

nothing is goin to happen so everyone can chill out. They got there big shot on 9/11 and thats all you will ever see.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Well, at least my day is planned out on the 22nd now, time to park my ass on a seat with my DSLR ready and snap away at the carnage...

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I've heard that same story over the past few years. It's always somebody's sister, or friend. yada,yada,yada Sorry, I really don't think anybody is going to fall for this one again.

Have a great holiday!!

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Interesting coincidence or just in the odds

The news reports that the FBI has stopped a person plotting to use grenades in an attack in a US mall (illinois) on friday dec 22.

I suppose if a person was to pick or guess a day for holiday terror, that would be it...

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I read on another forum that the terrorist attack is supposed to be on a tiny town called Braehead

But I first heard the story - told to me by several people in fact - back in 2001 soon after 9/11. On that occasion it referred to Birmingham (being the biggest city near here).

It's a well known urban myth.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by shauny
They opened it (they are Scottish!!) and inside they would 7 big white envelopes, and a wallet with LOTS of £100 notes.

£100 notes?? I don't think so....

For your info, they don't exist. £50 note is the largest sterling denomination.

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 9-12-2006 by Neon Haze]

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I would've thought this urban legend would've run it's course by now.
The same story popped up just after 9/11 about every major shopping centre round here.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze

Originally posted by shauny
They opened it (they are Scottish!!) and inside they would 7 big white envelopes, and a wallet with LOTS of £100 notes.

£100 notes?? I don't think so....

For your info, they don't exist. £50 note is the largest sterling denomination.

NeoN HaZe.

£50 maybe the largest sterling note but the bank of Scotland does in fact issue £100 notes.

Scottish banks issue 5,10 and 20 pound notes. They also issue large denomination 50 and 100 pound notes but tourists are best to avoid these. There are also a few Royal Bank of Scotland one pound notes still in use.

source

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by executioner
£50 maybe the largest sterling note but the bank of Scotland does in fact issue £100 notes.

Well I’m 33 and I have to say so far I have never ever seen a £100 note, and I think if I were to ever see one I would automatically think it fake.

I would totally agree, why would a terrorist draw attention to themselves by using a denomination that immediately rings alarm bells??

BTW... if a £100 note exists in Scotland... why have I never seen one ever???? If they indeed do exist, then what do they look like, and what are the circumstances that they are issued?

Don’t mean to sound condescending, but perhaps you are getting confused with a travellers cheque, or some form of bond or bankers draft??

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   
here you go.
Not a travellers cheque or a bankers draft but a bona fide note.
Just because you've never seen one doesn't mean they don't exist
£100 note

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by executioner
here you go.
Not a travellers cheque or a bankers draft but a bona fide note.
Just because you've never seen one doesn't mean they don't exist
£100 note

I concede, if that is a £100 and I haven't seen one then it doesn't mean they don't exist. It obviously just means that they are extremely rare.

And to get back on topic, why would a would be terrorist use a form of currency that would draw attention?

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

top topics

join