It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11:11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Hello,

No doubt you have selected this subject because you, like me, often look over to the clock and see 11:11.

For more than 20 years now I remember seeing this symetric number combonation on digital clocks with a strange correlation to feelings of bliss or well-being.

I have talked about seeing 11:11 frequently with hundreds of strangers and friends. And from what I can tell only a few people experience the same phenomena on a regular basis. Additionally, those who do tend to see this time relay to me that they too never feel a sense of anxiety when they see these numbers, but instead look forward to catching a glimpse of them as if something good was about to happen, or something they are doing at that moment is somehow right and good.

Over the years I have done some research on 11:11 and found some pretty wild theories floating around out there. Links to the Lost continents of MU and Atlantis are frequently associated with this mystical number combonation. Stories of Angels and other dimensional planes surround this timestamp like a halo surrounding a magical gateway in time. However, I feel it fair to point out my own belief that none of these associations ring true with me. I just don't see any tangible evidence to support the link people so easily make between 11:11 and the coming of a golden age.

So, this is the reason I am posting a message here. I tend to be a person who believes in "coincidence" as something each of us should pay more attention to. In the last few days 11:11 has been as prevolent a theme as any news topic in the daily paper. Signs, clocks, calendars, groupings of objects, events and the comments of strangers resurface this topic again and again.

Perhaps there is someone in this community of strange minds and thinkers who have some convincing ideas to help me sort out the reoccurance of 11:11 in my life. Maybe someone has a coherent argument for one of the links I mentioned above? It would be nice to know something more than guesses exist in the landscape of truth concerning the number 11.

[Edited on 15-11-2003 by lifeisfun]

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Erm... Uhh. How shall I saw this: eleven is just a number. Right now the clock says 22:00, is there any special signifigance to this number? No. It is just a number on a clock. The only reason that 11:11 stands out to you is because of your mental wiring. Whenever you look at a clock, and see 11:11, it stands out, but really, you see this number no more than you would see any other, you just remember it.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadeofgray
Erm... Uhh. How shall I saw this: eleven is just a number. Right now the clock says 22:00, is there any special signifigance to this number? No. It is just a number on a clock. The only reason that 11:11 stands out to you is because of your mental wiring. Whenever you look at a clock, and see 11:11, it stands out, but really, you see this number no more than you would see any other, you just remember it.

hmmm....ur on my side of the hemisphere, what's more....you're probably in:*gasp* the ukraine,bulgaria,italy,romania and whatever's below that on the globe

i've seen the #'s 11:11 quite often when i was a child, now....not so often anymore, but it stays in mind thru the years'.
whats more....i used to be quite good at predicting specific midly different events in my future...i never knew when that event would occur, just knew it would sometime soon(as in..less than 4 months.), hen i was 8...what i'd rarely dream would occur the very next day...a.|[.a= my squirting ketchup all over my science teacher? i barely avoided doing that in brunch, then...at lunch:squirt, it seemed inevitable.
just a little pointer...who knows, maybe it's something common that no1 talks about for fear of being claimed infantile.
Cyrus

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   
whenever i see 7-11 i get hungry.

But for my money the number eleven oh two 11-0-2 has the most significance

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 04:58 PM
link   
That happens tome all the time.

I always get 1:11 everywhere I look... sometimes 2:22, 3:33, 4:44.

clocks, tv, basketball games... i was flipping through tv the other day and the the time left on a basketball game was 11:11 in the first quarter and the score.

Last night I was bowling with some friends and our friend bowled and she bowled 11.11 mph!!! I was like no way@@!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 09:20 AM
link   
i have thought about this many times. i have no clue to what it would meen maybe it has to do with the numbers..(its so hot i cant find the word for it now..) 1 and zero.. computer language.. Scientists have the theory that our brain is programmed in the same language.1s and 0s ( whats the name!!!????) well any way you know what i meen. Does that make sense? maybe your brain recognises 1111 as a happy input.. whenever i see it it does give me a relieved feeling.

Good treat!
Spot

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Spot, you mean Binary? (0's and 1's ?)

lifeisfun...wanna see something weird...

Binary 00001111 = 015 (Dec)imal number
You posted this thread on the 15th.
It's (Oct)al number is 017, which is today.

I know it's a stretch...but hey, it works for me.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 09:36 AM
link   
i always notice when its 4:20..does that count?

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 09:38 AM
link   
yes thats what i menat,.. thank you for helping me out it is so hot i can barely see the screen....trough sweaty eyelids..

but what do you think, can it be? all programminging is made with binairy codes so your brains ones? whell as i said its hot..
Spot

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 09:39 AM
link   
its kinda odd how many people get this really,
i tend to see 3.16 alot,

i can be doing something then just turn and look at the clock, and there it is 3.16 strange thing is, Once my clocked stopped as the battery had fell out and it last time was 3.16
creeps me out sometimes.
i have also had this since a very young age,

wierd part is most people you talk to have a number/time that they keep being drawn to....

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 10:54 AM
link   
oh my....

this is wild.. my girlfriend is always saying to me.. look at the clock.. it's 11:11 again.

this has happened regularly over the past 4-5 years.

Do you think we're on to something here ?

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   
An old girlfriend of Cleo's used to point it out on the clock every time and say "It's 11:11, make a wish." Cleo'd always wish for something foolish like Fish for dinner or a big hand to come out of the sky and shoot lightening at me. So you be the judge.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 12:04 PM
link   
the past few yrs every day, everytime i look at a digital clock it says 7:11 without fail. Mmm maybe it's an omen and i really will become a very wealthy woman like i've been told

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   
has anyone have the reoccurence of the number "444"?

It is every where I go. I don't evemn look for it. On the car clock, vcr clock watch, just anywhere.....any hope?

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 03:50 PM
link   

google/11:11 scarey = www.geocities.com...

I think our higher selves make us look at the clock at the precise moment when the numbers are the same as another time we looked at the clock. It's like we have a higher guidance system which reveals cosmic order to the lower self just to let the lower self know that there's more to life than meets the eye.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Thanks to everyone who replied here.

Orignially I posted this message in the ancient civilizations area because I thought I might get some cross traffic of people familiar with the possible connection between the numerological significance between 11:11 and the lost ancient societies of Atlantis and Mu. The lost Lemurians in particular seem to have some gathering each year which coincides with the number 11 on both the calendar and the clock. I wondered if there was anything more to it than simple chance.

More than a couple times people have told me that I just have some faulty wiring, or that I just notice that time more than others. I would agree with this assessment. However, it still does not explain "why" 11:11? Why not 2:30? Why not 3:15, like the killer in Amityvill Horror?

Someone suggested 4:20 as a time they see a lot. I suspect that this is a reference to the legalizaton of marijunana campaign, but if not, why 4:20?

Maybe people are wired to pick up on specific times? I don't know. I seem see 11:11 all of the time.

Anyway, if anyone does hear of any possible connection between 11:11 and the lost civilizations, please drop me a note.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   
everyone is seeing that 11:11 number. Especially christians
This is just one site I found with the number.
www.fresh-hope.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Use the search function. I created a big post about my expierences with this a while back.

Here is what I see.

11:11 at least 3 times a day. I also see 2:22, and 4:44 a lot.

I was born a 5:55, and my birthtag was 777

My name, Michael, means "like God"
My astronomical sign, Aries, means the same
I was born on the 22nd.

I have more coincidences but I cannot remember them at this time. Coincidence or not? You be the judge.

Here are some links that I have found interesting during my research of this subject:

www.greatdreams.com...

www.nvisible.com...

www.crystalinks.com...

-wD

[Edited on 21-11-2003 by WeBDeviL]

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I think that sometimes that if you think a number has significance then you will see it all the time.you probably see hundreds of different combinations of numbers everywhere but when there is a pattern in them it makes them jump out at you. There are several numbers that I always come across. especially 33 which was my number in a lottery game at work years ago, and also 42 , the answer to life the universe and everything. I bet a lot of people see that number a lot more since hitchhikers guide to the galaxy.
there was a thread about the number 23 a while back and after reading it suddenly there it was
23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23
everywhere I looked.

heres a little experiment , I'm gonna pick a number

as I'm typing this and looking around for a number I just glanced at the time in the corner of my screen and shock horror it says 21:12 (uk time) another pattern

ok how about the number 17
Out of interest, if anyone see's this more than usual after reading this then please post and let me know

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Perhaps what you say about noticing a specific number is true. Before I learned French I would never have noticed the casual use of french words if the meaning of the sentense was still clear enough to understand. And I remember seeing a written example of text that proved very well that so long as the first and last letter of a word is the same as the intended word and the length of the word stays the same, then you can read an entire paragraph of missspelled words without trouble. The brain is an interesting machine and seems to deal quite well with fuzzy information.

But, I am not a clock watcher. I don't wear a watch. And yet, when I deliberately ask myself: "I wonder what time it is," and then I go search out a clock, it is amazing how often it is 11:11. Or, I might be sitting somewhere quietly reading and find myself dreaming of something interesting, or something relating to my future, and if I look up and see a clock, it is incredible how often it is 11:11.

11:11 seems to be a time of magical good portent. It has evolved in my mind to such an extent that if I notice that it is 11:11, whatever I am doing I will double my effort toward that goal. It is as if my best ideas come around at that time. Similarly, 11/11 seems to be a great day. Most things just seem to go well for me on that day.

I have read the posts above and I see that several people see other identical patterns. The 222's and 444's etc.. I too could claim to be born on one of these days. But I don't see 666 everywhere I look. Moreover, people seem to have a negative association with 666. No wondering why on that one.

But, maybe I am totally crazy, but if I were to speculate on evil, I would pick 3:15 as the time of temptation. If 11:11 seems to be a time of boon, or good fortune, then any idea you have at 3:15 should be thrown aside as if it was poison. I have made some terrible decisions at 3:15. It might be the hour of ultimate temptation into ruin.

Just some thoughts.

top topics

join