posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Freedom_for_sum
Thanks for responding riley;
While I know that Christianity (vis-a-vis the Bible) has language along similar lines; where are all the preachers/ministers, etc; proclaiming
women to be subservient and inferior to men? Please post here where this is happening today.
1. The pro life groups. You know.. the ones that use to habitually bomb hospitals and shoot doctors, pregnant women and security guards. That wasn't
that long ago.
2. Hospitals that deny the morning after pill to ensure that rape pregnancies implant. That certainly isn't on the side of the woman.
3. The pope. He has a huge problem with feminism and has said so.
4. In a couple of American states rape within marriage is legal [not sure which ones].
5. There are plenty of fundamental christian groups that think women should stay at home etc.
6. Domestic abuse is very common and fundementalist groups encourage women to 'humour' their abusers rather than leave.
7. Rape is very common and attitutes vary in the west depending on denomination/religion.
8. Not many alter girls around.
9. Not any female catholic priests around.
10. Your post.
Did you go to that website I linked to? This is an opinion being espoused today!!!
What mindset do you think it is that compels this Sheik to believe this way?
I didn't deny these opinions exist.. if you search my posts you'll see that I was arguing against a sheik who said that women deserve rape.
It's the same mindset that gives Muslim leaders, such as this one, permission to
describe raped women as being at fault because they are like "uncovered meat."
Thats the one!
I could go on. But I think I've made my point.
You certainly have.
You blatently tried to use sexism to bash Islam.. yet in the same paragraph you've exposed your own sexist opinions on women by saying they [we]
'should know their place'. Thats kind of like saying "Slavery is racist but segregation is okay.. "
Not only that but you now seemed to have
dissowned even saying it. I'm sorry I didn't get all reactionary about the whole
of Islam on your say so. Must be hormones or something. Oops
sorry I'm nagging again..
[edit on 28-11-2006 by riley]