It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Proof Of a Mine on Mars???

page: 4
3
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by IncarnAngel


Well the African whole is the most similer to the Mars hole, Very interesting subject!! It probably is due to weather and erosion without REAL proof it is hard to say.



You realize the one in Mauritana is 50 kilometers wide? Did you know that area of Africa is dripping in mineral wealth? There are even several diamond mines in south africa. It's prime territory for a strip mine (Africa, I mean).


[edit on 26-11-2006 by undo]




posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
Here's a photo of the Mauritania Crater. Notice that it is indeed a spiral.

No, its not a spiral, a spiral goes from a point in outer area to a point in the centre without interruption.


Suffice it to say, there's every possibility this was indeed a strip mine a very long time ago. It certainly shouldn't be any less of a possiblity than the other speculation, that a crater 50 kilometers (please, consult your brain for this one) wide, was caused by a meteor impact that didn't destroy the planet or punch a hole clean through it.
Its more likely to be an impact crater than a giant mine.

If it was a mine then what was extracted? Also, if it was a mine, some marks always remain to show that something was extracted, and I found nothing about it.

You can see a better photo here.


My brain tells me that a crater with a diameter of 50Km is possible, Earth has many craters with more than 100Km in diameter and we are still here.

You can also check what kind of meteor is needed to destroy Earth using this impact effects calculator.



posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Actually there is evidence of craters like this on other planets, moons, and of course earth. We don't know how deep that crater/mine/birthing canal is so it doesn't make sense to jump to a conclusion. Intriguing? Yes. Definitive? No. What's in the article aren't the only examples, but only what I could come up with before going to bed on a school night
.

Similar Craters



posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
Not to go off topic, but the point of those abduction stories isn't just that they might probe orifices, but that they tend to treat this planet like a farm for breeding animals.


My contention is where is the proof of this?

If there really were beings using this planet for farming / breeding I would have thought that they would intervene to prevent the mess that it is getting into.

Any creatures technologically advanced enough to be able to get to this dump called Earth and "experiment" would have no problem controlling the natives. So why hide?

Sorry I see the whole Alien abduction and farming scenario as wish fulfillment by means of an overactive imagination. I read the "evidence" but dont interpret it the same.

It would be cool if there were aliens in our neighbourhood but IMHO there aint. Show me the evidence.

I still think that the so called mine is nothing but a made by nature geological feature, I see nothing else there.



posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
...
If it was a mine then what was extracted? Also, if it was a mine, some marks always remain to show that something was extracted, and I found nothing about it.
...


And also the surrounding landscape wouldn't look as untouched as it does in the pics, there should be roads or any other form of access, because all the other pics point ot the need of road or track moving vehicles being required (like the 'giant truck'), and those should be able to be spotted...



posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmlima

And also the surrounding landscape wouldn't look as untouched as it does in the pics, there should be roads or any other form of access, because all the other pics point ot the need of road or track moving vehicles being required (like the 'giant truck'), and those should be able to be spotted...


But remember, we may be looking at photographs of an area thousands of years old. So what would have happened to the roads and tracks? Obviously covered by a thick layer of dust! Obliterated. A deep or large 'mine' or crater is a different story.

And remember, I'm not saying for a moment that this IS a mine. But then again, it COULD be!!



posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
But remember, we may be looking at photographs of an area thousands of years old. So what would have happened to the roads and tracks? Obviously covered by a thick layer of dust! Obliterated. A deep or large 'mine' or crater is a different story.
...


then why would the 'steps' still be so well defined? shouldn't they also be covered?



posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmlima

Originally posted by mikesingh
But remember, we may be looking at photographs of an area thousands of years old. So what would have happened to the roads and tracks? Obviously covered by a thick layer of dust! Obliterated. A deep or large 'mine' or crater is a different story.
...


then why would the 'steps' still be so well defined? shouldn't they also be covered?


The one in Mauritana is over 50 miles wide. That's a heckuva lot bigger construct than a road from thousands of years ago. Heck, they only recently found ancient Sumer (in the last 100 years, I do believe). It'd been buried under dirt, flood deposits and rocks, for some 4000 years.



posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by undo
Here's a photo of the Mauritania Crater. Notice that it is indeed a spiral.

No, its not a spiral, a spiral goes from a point in outer area to a point in the centre without interruption.


Suffice it to say, there's every possibility this was indeed a strip mine a very long time ago. It certainly shouldn't be any less of a possiblity than the other speculation, that a crater 50 kilometers (please, consult your brain for this one) wide, was caused by a meteor impact that didn't destroy the planet or punch a hole clean through it.
Its more likely to be an impact crater than a giant mine.

If it was a mine then what was extracted? Also, if it was a mine, some marks always remain to show that something was extracted, and I found nothing about it.

You can see a better photo here.


My brain tells me that a crater with a diameter of 50Km is possible, Earth has many craters with more than 100Km in diameter and we are still here.

You can also check what kind of meteor is needed to destroy Earth using this impact effects calculator.


Okay, let's go with your info. Can you give me a few examples (meaning more than one), 100km diameter craters caused by meteor/asteroid strikes?

I've just shown you how the one in Mauritana is very old, that the area contains countless ancient artifacts dating back thousands of years, that the experts can't agree if it's a meteor crater or a volcanic crater or what. THEY DON'T KNOW. I've also shown you that they have modern day copper mines in the area, because its rich in mineral wealth. I'd love to see the evidence and the theories supporting 100km wide meteor craters on the planet.

[edit on 27-11-2006 by undo]



posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Okay, let's go with your info. Can you give me a few examples (meaning more than one), 100km diameter craters caused by meteor/asteroid strikes?

I've just shown you how the one in Mauritana is very old, that the area contains countless ancient artifacts dating back thousands of years, that the experts can't agree if it's a meteor crater or a volcanic crater or what. THEY DON'T KNOW. I've also shown you that they have modern day copper mines in the area, because its rich in mineral wealth. I'd love to see the evidence and the theories supporting 100km wide meteor craters on the planet.

[edit on 27-11-2006 by undo]


Here's a few for you. Similar ones exist on earth though they've changed more with time. There are a few on celestial bodies as well.
Types and sizes of craters
And something from wikipedia.
Another crater, includes planetary examples.

It's possible that a crater like that formed. Is there a scale on that picture because the impacts seem to have to be huge in order to form craters like that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trimmed triple nested quote

[edit on 27/11/06 by masqua]



posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I have a few questions-

Around the Crater/Hill there are several knob like mounds or holes, especially near the southern half of the crater/hill. What could those be? Anybody have an idea what they are? I have no clue.
They would be extra strange if they were somehow mounted to the 'wall' of the crater.

Still gotta ask why there are no shadows period. To me this su
gests that the landform is relatively flat. Could the surface be soft and so the meteor could have submerged into the soil. The soil being soft could have reacted like a very viscus liquid. A small splatter, but alot of ripples on the surface when cooled created what appears to be a series of concentric circles.

The parameter could be a shelf of cooled rock or soil that seeped out from the impact sight was shunted outward by the cooling surface and hardened where it now currently rests.



posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
This type of thing occurs on ATS time and time again. Someone makes themselves believe in something they "think" that they see in a photo and thus it must be true. As Alton Higgens very wisely states-

"Any photo requiring equal parts interpretation and imagination (photos sometimes characterized as ‘blobsquatches’) should be discounted."*

I know people who have seen Jesus in tree bark, Abraham Lincoln in a potato chip, and even a Face on Mars, but other than their opinion there is nothing to back up their claim that it is indeed something world shaking in it's significance.

If you look at the photo of the large hole in Russia you will see very clearly the tailings, or the material that was removed from the hole, not far from the hole. You can see clear evidence of excavation tiers and access roads. There are numerous and important details which provide evidence of how the excavation was done. This crater photo on Mars, while very interesting offers no such cooberating evidence of deliberate activity by an intelligent society. The roughly circular markings show no regularity nor is there any evidence of where the excavated material went nor how it was taken away. No roads, no infrastructure. What it looks like is a naturally occurring geological formation. Highly interesting, yet not artificially created.
Care to offer any SOLID evidence that it was indeed dug out other than mere speculation and imagination?

*(Note, the above quote by Altin Higgens can be found in an article about Big Foot photos that is posted on Boingboing.net)



posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by undoCan you give me a few examples (meaning more than one), 100km diameter craters caused by meteor/asteroid strikes?

OK, I shouldn't have said many, but some, and surely more than one.

Manicouagan - 100Km


Popigai - 100Km
(this is little difficult to see, its the greener area in the middle)


Chicxulub - 170Km
(this one is only visible on radar)
en.wikipedia.org...:Chicxulub_radar_topography.jpg

Sudbury - 250Km


Vredefort - 300Km




I've just shown you how the one in Mauritana is very old,
I did not say if it was young or old, the age of the crater is irrelevant in the present discussion.


that the area contains countless ancient artifacts dating back thousands of years,
If you read carefully what they say on that site, you can see that the sentence where they talk about traces of human activity thousands of years old is not the same where they speak about the "Needles, fasteners and points of lances", they could be very old or just two or three centuries old.

Also, the place where I live, Almada, has traces of human activity with thousands of years, maybe 4000 years old, so that doesn't surprise me.


that the experts can't agree if it's a meteor crater or a volcanic crater or what. THEY DON'T KNOW.
Correct, it can be an Earth-made structure and not an impact crater.


I've also shown you that they have modern day copper mines in the area, because its rich in mineral wealth.
No, the text you posted talked about one copper mine, and nowhere on that text said that the ground was rich in mineral wealth.



posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
If you want to see more large crators, there are plenty that you can easily see with your own eyes. Just take a look at the MOON. In fact, it is because we have a Moon that Earth has less serious strikes. Mars on the other hand, has no significant moons and is closer to the Asteroid belt.



posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
ArMap,

Thank you for responding with the images. I will check these out and let you know if you've swayed my opinion on this topic. In the meantime, I do have one comment in reference to the copper mine. The hint is, that the copper mine is actually in the crater.



posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by undoIn the meantime, I do have one comment in reference to the copper mine. The hint is, that the copper mine is actually in the crater.

That probably means that it is not an impact crater, I think that copper is not a common element of meteors.



posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by undoIn the meantime, I do have one comment in reference to the copper mine. The hint is, that the copper mine is actually in the crater.

That probably means that it is not an impact crater, I think that copper is not a common element of meteors.


Agreed. I'm still behind on researching your pictures. Will get to it soon. Had housework, 2 other threads I'm posting to, emails, and real life (trademark, copyright).

So the crater in Mauritana is not a crater, but what is it, do you think?



posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
In reference to this, www.spaceflightnow.com... full overview photo.
The light grey area on the surface surrounding the crater appears to be rock that has been liquid then cooled. Certainly this suggests that it is a meteor crater, but an interesting one, because the meteor must have hit at a right angle to the plane of the landscape.



posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by undoIn the meantime, I do have one comment in reference to the copper mine. The hint is, that the copper mine is actually in the crater.

That probably means that it is not an impact crater, I think that copper is not a common element of meteors.


WOW , just wow


i do not mean to be rude , but that was the most amazing menal gymnastics

what the sam hell do you think happens if a meteorite impacts an area that has an underlaying layer of copper bearing ore ??????????????

yeah !!!!!! it gets uncovered - enabling first scavaging and then delivering a stonking great hint of where to dig for more of the stuff

you may wish to do some basic research into the origins of mining , mineral prospecting etc

the origin of almost all hiistoric mining endeacors was the discovery of surface deposits - thier explotation - then the descision to dig , once the availiable surface vield was depleted .

appologies for the example going off @ a tangent - but the history of hashima island [ japan ] is a perfect example :


The history of Hashima Island reads like a chronology of changes in Japan's energy policies from the Meiji Period to modern times. For centuries the people living on Takashima, a large island near Hashima, are said to have collected coal from exposed beds and used it as a household fuel. They called it goheita after the man by the same name who, according to local legend, stumbled on coal's combustible properties by inadvertently lighting a bonfire on the black rock.


i have bolded the critical line

see it now , an impact crater is a literal godsend to low tech prospectors - as it unvovers all the underlaying strata for their inspection - without any need to dig


that is why anclent prospectors descencded on the crater - because the dammed meterorite had dont the hard owrk for them .



posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
An interesting find indeed. My question would be, what kind of natural formation or occurance could cause something like this? It seems like a big meteor impact, and then someone mined it out.



new topics

top topics



 
3
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join