It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof Of a Mine on Mars???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Is this an old dilapidated mine on Mars? Note the spirals in the crater.

This crater on Mars is probably a meteor crater but it could be an
excavated volcanic cone. But the fact NASA calls it EXHUMED begs the question, WHO EXHUMED IT?

Judging the condition, it could be hundreds of thousands of years old.

MO 401289
MOC Image
Courtesy: Maj. George A. Filer, USAF, Retired, in Filer's Files #2, January 11, 2006.

Of course it could very well be a natural geological formation. Whatever it is, it looks interesting.

Here

[edit on 24-11-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Thats a great pic, could do with seeing a bit more of it though.

Maybe a close up too.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
It does look strange, does anyone knows the approximate of the thing?

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I copied a little larger portion of the strip. As you can see this 'exhumed crater' is
enormous. I hesitate to even make a guess until I do a little more research. If you want to download it yourself go to Malin Space systems narrow strip 0401289 and click on 'lossless GIF'. After in downloads then take it into you image maker. Its about half way down the strip.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Mike, your pic is one of the best pieces of proof about life on Mar's now or in the past.

I would say the pic even rivals Cydona in really interesting possible proof.

I don't have anymore way above's to give, but please take this verbal WAY ABOVE as one.

[edit on 11/24/2006 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Wow. Very Interesting...

Looks a lot like the big hole they dug in Russia

If there was a full image of the Mars pic, may be easier to compare

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
I copied a little larger portion of the strip. As you can see this 'exhumed crater' is
enormous. I hesitate to even make a guess until I do a little more research. If you want to download it yourself go to Malin Space systems narrow strip 0401289 and click on 'lossless GIF'. After in downloads then take it into you image maker. Its about half way down the strip.

I have downloaded the pic, however I was struggling how to put a scale to it, to see if we are talking in dozen or hundreds of km for the circunference of the thing. Basically to try to understand it could be a meteor crater or something like that...

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
On the ancillary data for MOC narrow-angle image M04-01289 says that the scaled image width in 2.92 km. The actual half of the crater that we can see is a little less than half the frame so the diameter of the crater hole is roughly 2.5 km or about a mile and a half. I downloaded the nearest wide angle photo from Malin space systems whhich was taken just a little bit to the west:

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Amazing pictures, how can any government could possible hides any of these sites. Sooner or later they will be out for public scrutiny.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Actually that's a really good picture, perhaps there are still tools there from the mining (it if indeed was mined)

[edit on 24/11/06 by Hazard]

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
It does look like a mining operation. This is an impressive photo.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite8
It does look like a mining operation. This is an impressive photo.

Actually the more I look at it the less it looks like an hole and the more it looks like an mountain. There seems to be very little shadow, and judging by the nearby small holes there should be a lot more...

Looking at these pics is a little like looking at an abstract painting, there's always plenty of room for interpretation...

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by pstiffy
Wow. Very Interesting...

Looks a lot like the big hole they dug in Russia

Pstiffy, That was a fantastic image of a 'hole' in Russia. The similarity with the 'mine' on Mars is striking!

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Is this an old dilapidated mine on Mars? Note the spirals in the crater.

I think an "exhumed crater" is a geological term, so in looking for an answer to that particular crater one might ask a geologist. OR, we can assume it's a mining operation done by either advanced aliens or a secret human project run by the government and kept secret.

Here are some options off the top of MY head that don't involve anything really amazing: Water/ice erosion. Or maybe collapse of the once-taller edges of the crater in a concentric fashion (I can visualize how this would happen but it's kind of hard to explain).

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Looks just like the russian mine the best thing to do is show this pic to a mine expert.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The thing I dont like about pics presented like this is the leading that they do with it.

#1, it is cropped in a way to show only half of the circular curiosity.
#2, the claim is made about an Arizona mine that is not shown side by side for comparison.
#3 They then make the bold statement of this being PROOF of a mine on mars, when at BEST it could be considered questionable evidence.

People need to stop seeing with their eyes and start seeing with their brains.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
It does seem like it is raised above ground as opposed to being a hole. is there any different angles or any inverted color pics?

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Here is the colors inverted, dunno if it helps with the detail

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
You have voted mikesingh for the Way Above Top Secret award.

Dude, along with your other threads about possible life that has been in the solar system and hard at work, I think this deserves a WATSA.

You always come in, add a small piece, and place in that piece a pic that starts a debate which, when other members find comparison pics from here on earth, makes you wonder aloud if the Gov's of the world know a whole lot more than we could ever realise....

Great find dude.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
every time people see a picture of mars they sit there for hrs and hrs tring to pick something out that could mean something, all this shows is some sort of mountain

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join