It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If your Government brought back the draft to fight the W.O.T would you flee or fight?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Ummm, this may sound like a silly question. but whose side will you be on?

No question is silly.
Sorry should have been specific, I am on the side of Democracy.
The one and only USA.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Where are all the Christian zealots that think that Israel is their friend?

Where is all the Israeli's and friends of Israel and her people that fight tooth and nail for these wars and struggles to move forward? You would think that there would be lineups at the recruiting offices but NO.

I guess it pays more being a doctor or a lawyer or a judge or whatever.. right?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Kojac, If I could make a suggestion, Well what we should do is get all the politicians, the power mad and rich, the blind patriots and their potential enemies put them on an island somewhere and let em at it. That way the rest of us can live in peace as that is what most of us want anyway and as we are the majority we should get it sorted.

No one should sign up, all should refuse to join the armed forces, no one is invading America and from the mouths of all the armchair experts here on ATS no one is capable of invading or Attacking America anyway so there's no need for the draft is there.

Hey, you got me sold.

I'd feel differantly defending my country from outside aggressors. In that situation, i'd probably take up arms.

Much like the Iraqi's i guess.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
wouldn't the reinstating the draft turn public opinion AWAY from superfulous wars?
when you have a vested interest in self-preservation, you'll probably do everything in your power to PREVENT war

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Fight with war? ..

Terror is murder, Terror is killing people... not 'other' people killing me..

ME KILLING OTHERS = TERROR

THEM KILLING ME = TERROR

its all TERROR...

I would be one who fought against fighting.. STAND UP FOR PEACE. The more people that do it, the less people we have killing eachother.

STOP THE LOSS OF LIFE, GIVE UP ARMS, its the RIGHT thing to do.

Spreading Ideology with SWORD?
Spreading Ideology with WORDS! Words that cut sharp like a knife.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
if given the chance I'd fight. Both my grandfathers were in WW2, one fought at Omaha beach Normondy, the Other was at Pearl harbor. I was gonna join the Marines when I turned 18 but I ended up in a serious car accedent which held me back. If there was a draft I'd be down at my local recruteing office in no time.

I personaly belive going into Iraq was a major mistake but someone has to clean the mess up. We should have went after Iran instead.

I am NOT a Bible literalist, but I have studied the Bible, amongst many other spiritual books. So please forgive me for quoting the Bible here. But.....

I do believe "wantsome's" attitude is what is behind the message in the King James Version of the Bible Numbers 14:18... ‘The Lord is slow to anger and filled with unfailing love, forgiving every kind of sin and rebellion. But he does not excuse the guilty. He lays the sins of the parents upon their children; the entire family is affected—even children in the third and fourth generations.’

Emphasis mine

My interpretation of this is that each soul must decide what path they will follow.

It is incredibly difficult to follow one's own path when your family of origin's path has been dictated through the generations. Never-the-less, that is exactly what the soul must do to evolve and grow spiritually.

Saying you would go to war because of decisions made by your ancestors is inexcusable, in my most humblest of opinions.

And saying we "should have went after Iran" is simply 100% ignorant.

Always,
Shawnna

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kojac
Simple Question.

.If your Government brought back the draft to fight the War on Terror, would you flee or fight?

Me? No way i'd fight. I believe voilence is only creating more terrorists for the future. Circle of voilence. So lock me up

Maybe we could hang out at Gitmo.

The G.W.o.T. is fighting the boogeyman. I'm not scared of the "boogeyman". Children's antics to get everyone on board to gather force for the NWO.

Nope. Not me.

However; if you dare bring that war to my doorstep (not including some staged event by the government to convince me otherwise, like 9/11)... It'll be on then.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
In the very unlikely event that the New Zealand brought in the Draft I would do my duty and serve the New Zealand government as needed.
Cheers xpert11.

[edit on 24-11-2006 by xpert11]

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I'm too old to get drafted, but...I would go. I'd be able to get a commission with my eductation, and likely a cushy non-combat role, stick-around afterwards and get a military retirement

Another scenario would be that I'd get a few medals and later run for and get elected to the Senate for umpteen years and enjoy a life of priviledge

Seriously though, I would go. I'd rather die as a man fighting than die a coward.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Seems like at this stage we have..

8 that would say NO

6 that would say YES to the draft.

I've found it interesting the attitude some people have had towards the question. It seems some people would go simply because their country asked them to, without questioning whether the cause is valid.

I believe this is one of the things wrong with the world.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by kojac
I've found it interesting the attitude some people have had towards the question. It seems some people would go simply because their country asked them to, without questioning whether the cause is valid.

I cant speak for anyone else but I would trust the decision that the current NZ government would make in terms of deploying the NZDF. While I'm not a huge of Helen Clark made the wise decision not to involve NZ in the mess in Iraq.

Just because I don't support the Bush admins policy's it dosnt mean that I don't support the global struggle against Islamic nut jobs. The sole advantage of the draft is that the millionaires son/daughter is on equal terms with the son of blue collars workers. Of course the disadvantages of a draft far outweigh the left wings aim of equality of the classes.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Would I go? No. Simple as that. If I really felt that my country, my family , or my freedom were seriously being threatened I would. Just because some moron (The "President") keep spouting "They hate us for our Freedom!" don't make it so.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Just because I don't support the Bush admins policy's it dosnt mean that I don't support the global struggle against Islamic nut jobs.

If we left 'em alone and didn't keep overthrowing their governments and invading their countries for the oil, they might be a little less nutty. You never know.

The sole advantage of the draft is that the millionaires son/daughter is on equal terms with the son of blue collars workers. Of course the disadvantages of a draft far outweigh the left wings aim of equality of the classes.

I think you should perhaps look at Bush's "war" record, for a start. While others were shipped off to Vietnam, Dubya was snorting coke and not turning up to a soft job (for which he was too stupid) in the Texas National Guard. The only reason his poppy fought in WWII was because Prescott Bush was caught red-handed financing the Nazis.

I think you're being a bit naive if you think that some millionaires can't wield influence to keep their kids out of harm's way.

And btw, I'm appalled (but not shocked) at the number of people who still trust anything their government tells them, after all the lies and half-truths and inaccurate predictions. Wake up, people.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
I think you should perhaps look at Bush's "war" record, for a start. While others were shipped off to Vietnam, Dubya was snorting coke and not turning up to a soft job (for which he was too stupid) in the Texas National Guard. The only reason his poppy fought in WWII was because Prescott Bush was caught red-handed financing the Nazis.

What dose Bush war record have to do with the topic ?

I think you're being a bit naive if you think that some millionaires can't wield influence to keep their kids out of harm's way.

No your just taking things from American perspective and I'm not its often a different world beyond the the US borders. IF the NZ government was to implement a draft there should be no lope holes or random selection of people who would be drafted. Every man and women should who is able to should serve. If people have a moral objection to serving in the military they could serve there time in the police force. It wouldn't hurt to have a few more cops on the beat.

[edit on 25-11-2006 by xpert11]

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
See I would tend to support a draft on general principles.

I think that our current all-volunteer force exists primarily because after Vietnam, our leadership realized that they can't involve us in wars that don't directly involve our security with a draft - the risk of public outcry is too great.

So the reason we went to a professional force is not about force effectiveness (whicch is a sensible reason on the face of it), but to lower the threshold at which the US public is likely to accept our involvement in overseas conflicts.

Personally, I don't think the US should be involved in conflicts that don't directly involve our security. One restraining factor that has limited our willingness to intervene overseas has traditionally been public resistance to drafting people and shipping them overseas. The all volunteer force is an end-run around this resistance.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
If they started the draft again ill see you in Canada. Sorry folks but I don't fight wars that I don't believe in. Besides that somehow the thought of being blown away by an RPG or a IED doesnt sound too apealing. so Ill see you conciencious (SP) objectors in Canada

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DRONE1980
If the Government decides on a draft, I'll be at the recruiting office before they call my number.

Just curious... Why wait for the draft? If you're willing to fight for something you obviously believe is right, why wait? You know people are serving 3-4 terms in Iraq. Why not relieve one of them if you're so willing to go?

Or did I misunderstand your response?

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I believe fighting against the Middle East only instigates more terrorism and will never stop it. Support the draft-NEVER!

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Draft starts I would neither flee the nation nor join my mortal enemy, the government and military. I would stand my ground against them and fight against their draft every inch of the way. Arrest me? Bring it on! I will not stand down when they try, I will fight back till death to stop them and if possible pledge my soul to fight them for eternity. I will not waver on this desicion, they are fascists and elitist and they MUST go. Those of you who are against the war but would go are cowards! Yes! COWARDS! C-O-W-A-R-D-S! You say your against it then join them when the beast raises its head at you. HAVE COURAGE FOR ONCE! How can you change a government if your going to whimper like a dog and run away with your tail between your legs each time it threatens you? YOU CANNOT!
Those who support the government and offer themselves up for the draft have FAR more courage and guts than you will ever have. Why? Because they are willing to fight for what they believe in and screw the concequences.

Here is how it breaks down:
Draft= The showing of true colors
Showing of true colors= We know who is truely against the government and its actions and who is a sniveling rat that wants shelter from the storm.

A draft would be great for those reasons, it would separate the wheat from the chaff around here, we would know whos a coward and who is not. For all other reasons I will never support a draft, because it only has this one time benefit.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   
i'd flee. i see no point in dying for this country when it can't even legalize bud.

i support the WOT and all....but i ain't gonna get killed, or get my hands dirty. (god bless that lazy ass american attitude)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join