It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

92 Year Old Woman Goes Out Shooting When Cops Kick Down the Door(Update)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700

Originally posted by kleverone

Really what part of DC????? and you haven't heard of MS-13?? sounds like you live in Suburb.

i dont know how long youve been gone, but let me tell you, ms13 is all over the area now...inside and outside the beltway. but what has that got to do with botched raids?

I was reffering to the type of violence that provoked this woman to be armed!

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   

just wondering where you got isolated from?? do you mean because she was old? This happens everday!! just becaseu you don't read about it on the news doesn't make it isolated! It still happens daily ... no lie!

ok, you might be right, but i'm a skeptic by nature....so prove it to me. because i'm what you might call a news freak, and this being more than just one or two isolated incidents is, quite frankly, news to me.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
this thread has gone to hell. but truthfully. i dont care anymore.

[edit on 11-22-2006 by forsakenwayfarer]

holy leaping god, bad spelling.

[edit on 11-22-2006 by forsakenwayfarer]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
hahahahaha me neither, this is quite informative and entertianing at the same time

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I was reffering to the type of violence that provoked this woman to be armed!

oookay. where did you make that jump, because i certainly missed it. last time i checked, we were talking about whether or not these were isolated events.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
you know whats hilarious? we are so desensitized these days that we can actually sit here and casually argue about the circumstances of some womans untimely death. what a horrifying epiphany

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700

just wondering where you got isolated from?? do you mean because she was old? This happens everday!! just becaseu you don't read about it on the news doesn't make it isolated! It still happens daily ... no lie!

ok, you might be right, but i'm a skeptic by nature....so prove it to me. because i'm what you might call a news freak, and this being more than just one or two isolated incidents is, quite frankly, news to me.

How am I gonna prove it you unless I hang out all day long with a vidoe camera in compton??? Best I can tell you is head down there and make a 911 call and see how quick the response is. Good luck. Any stories you have heard about most inner city ghettos are derived from truths, AS a white ma I assure you I do not go any where near Compton at night, my wife got lost once at nigh by herself in Compton, was stopped by the police base on her color( NO LIE) and escourted out for her safety!!! remember ROdney King. that # has not gone away just because the news doesn't report it.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
you know whats hilarious? we are so desensitized these days that we can actually sit here and casually argue about the circumstances of some womans untimely death. what a horrifying epiphany

Really!@ Shouldn't we as humans be morning the tradgedy instead of arguing!

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
forsaken I just voted you way above for that last comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I quit, lets all have milk and cookies in honor of our 92 y/o counterpart who now knows what we only dream of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 23-11-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Does she have her gun ready when Jahova's Witnesses come to the door?

From my observations on the Jehovah's Witnesses (at least, the ones in my area)...I do.

Seriously though, they come around so often & its so hard to politely get rid of them, that I use a standard response:
We have dogs in the house, so anyone who comes knocking generates a lot of barking & we have to shuttle the mutts into another room just so we can open the door. If it's Jehovah Witnesses, I ask them to hold a moment, supposedly to yell back to my wife to quiet the dogs...But instead, I yell back, "Keep Satan's Sacrifice quiet! The neighbors are going to complain about the noise!"
...Let's just say that Jehovah's Witnesses don't come around my door anymore...

Originally posted by SportyMB
Like WyrdeOne said, she could have been hard of hearing and confused the cops for a couple of local thugs.

Something else to consider...If you get a knock on your door & hear "Police!" from outside, but live in a bad neighborhood, would you really be inclined to trust the voice unless you could also see some ID before you open the door? So when the door comes flying off the hinges, what else is likely to run through your mind, regardless if you had nothing more than a verbal identification?

Still, all quipping aside, there's a lot of facts missing still...A lot of room for mistakes on either or both sides of this particular shoot-out. Spirited lady, though...

Unconstitutional legislation & "Executive Orders" aside, the cops should still be required to ID themselves before entering...Otherwise, it's "Illegal Entry". Again, if the cops approach & hear gunfire before they actually arrive, that would consitutute being extenuating circumstances. If the old lady had been under observation for some time, don't you think the cops should have already known she might be packing if they were indeed at the right house & had a warrant in the first place? Shouldn't the cops be taking appropriate caution under such circumstances anyway? Like I said...A lot of room for mistakes on both sides still remains unknown.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Does she have her gun ready when Jahova's Witnesses come to the door?

From my observations on the Jehovah's Witnesses (at least, the ones in my area)...I do.

Seriously though, they come around so often & its so hard to politely get rid of them, that I use a standard response:
We have dogs in the house, so anyone who comes knocking generates a lot of barking & we have to shuttle the mutts into another room just so we can open the door. If it's Jehovah Witnesses, I ask them to hold a moment, supposedly to yell back to my wife to quiet the dogs...But instead, I yell back, "Keep Satan's Sacrifice quiet! The neighbors are going to complain about the noise!"
...Let's just say that Jehovah's Witnesses don't come around my door anymore...

Originally posted by SportyMB
Like WyrdeOne said, she could have been hard of hearing and confused the cops for a couple of local thugs.

Something else to consider...If you get a knock on your door & hear "Police!" from outside, but live in a bad neighborhood, would you really be inclined to trust the voice unless you could also see some ID before you open the door? So when the door comes flying off the hinges, what else is likely to run through your mind, regardless if you had nothing more than a verbal identification?

Still, all quipping aside, there's a lot of facts missing still...A lot of room for mistakes on either or both sides of this particular shoot-out. Spirited lady, though...

Unconstitutional legislation & "Executive Orders" aside, the cops should still be required to ID themselves before entering...Otherwise, it's "Illegal Entry". Again, if the cops approach & hear gunfire before they actually arrive, that would consitutute being extenuating circumstances. If the old lady had been under observation for some time, don't you think the cops should have already known she might be packing if they were indeed at the right house & had a warrant in the first place? Shouldn't the cops be taking appropriate caution under such circumstances anyway? Like I said...A lot of room for mistakes on both sides still remains unknown.

The Voice Of reason!! Excellent points! lots of room for mistakes, The real tragedy, as was pointed out by forsakenwayfarer is that an elderly woman lost her life and several officers were hurt. Time to refocus and count our blessings.

[edit on 23-11-2006 by kleverone]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
No.

Most of the replies in here seem to come from people who:

a) believe in law.
b) believe in EVIL drugs.
c) believe in movies.
d) believe in a honest system, and cops with some minimum amount of honor.. and so on.

Or: a smaller part responds with quite some decent and clear replies.

What i would like to say is that i can perfectly understand that a cop has to his job. And I'm not saying that all of the cops suck. But fact is: Power changes personality.

And: We are living in a world of pain.

So actually the whole machinery is not based on efficiency. Because protecting the regular citizens does not bring any profit. And if a cop's superiors are not honorable, how should he be? After all he's only a small part of some big machinery. And it's not his fault if things go wrong. Cops do not get any psychological education. They do not get any education regarding respect and so on. They are here to keep us under control.. instead of protecting us efficiently.

It's the government's fault in first place that people need drugs to make some money. Drugs still kills less people than Weapon-Sales or Starving people to death in 3rd world countries.
And as other's stated already.. there is no real interest in solving the true causes for problems at all. Because if everything ran fine, there would be less profit. Most importantly; if everything was fine.. people would want to discover the true causes of this world going horribly wrong.

It is true that you cannot change anything about laws. The police can place some crack in Johnston's home and everything is fine.. what makes me really sad are the people in here who find it "amusing".

Because it wouldn't be funny if such a situation becomes reality for yourself.

And most importantly: these laws which apply to us, even if they were applied properly.. never count for the superior people. They do not count for the worst Megalomaniacs and Mass-Murderers at all.

This is the main problem.. and it is the reason why things do not change.

"Dont laff!"

We are not free. And we have no rights.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by osram
No.

people would want to discover the true causes of this world going horribly wrong.

It is true that you cannot change anything about laws. The police can place some crack in Johnston's home and everything is fine.. what makes me really sad are the people in here who find it "amusing".

Because it wouldn't be funny if such a situation becomes reality for yourself.

No doubt a beautiful post and If I had a wats this month you would have it. We really do live in a world going horribly wrong. Everyone needs to change, we need a shift in total concience.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I dont know who first said it but "# Happens"

Mod Edit: removed censor circumvention
Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23-11-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Why can't we just all admit that there isn't enough information yet to make a logical judgment about who was right and who was wrong? Whether you're inclined to favor the cops or the old lady, just admit that digging in on one side or the other before the facts are out is EXACTLY the kind of thing that exposes people as ridiculous. If you really care about what's right and wrong, you have to admit that the FACT AREN'T OUT YET...

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   
they goe police this is the police stay where you are! this is the police

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Cease Fire!

I'm looking through the last few pages of this thread and seeing a lot of finger-pointing, but relatively little regarding the actual story.

On ATS we encourage topical discussion and discourage personal commentary. All members are entitled to express their opinions here without fear of abuse or reprisal.

Obviously this tragic story elicits strong reactions from many members. There are several different issues involved here, and -- predictably -- opinions about them will vary substantially from one person to another.

The fact that our opinions vary doesn't mean anyone is good or evil, or morally superior or inferior, just that we have different opinions, and each of us has our reasons for our beliefs.

Let's please remember our promise to one another and focus on the topic, which is:

92 Year Old Woman Goes Out Shooting When Cops Kick Down the Door

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Thanks for posting that reminder Majic.
And thanks to everyone who has contributed to the topic in a meaningful way. I had no idea this thread would generate so many responses. I'm just sorry that so many of them have taken such a hostile tone...

I just wanted to add something that I think is very important, and has gotten lost in the shuffle, for the most part.

If it were not for the insane drug war, the cops would have been elsewhere, doing something to really help the people of that city, instead of shooting an old woman to death.

The War on Drugs has been a disaster from day one, and every day that it continues, more lives are ruined, more money is wasted, and the citizens of this nation come to resent and distrust their protectors even more.

Drugs like coc aine and heroin are enormously destructive to individuals who choose to use them, but I would rather see them destroy themselves than watch our government destroy us all. Bring back personal responsibility and let the government focus on things that individual citizens cannot physically do - things like national defense, inter-state roadways, regulation of industry, international trade negotiations, diplomacy, etc..

Enough is enough.

Our government is waging a war against us, and in the process has managed to criminalize a substantial percentage of the populace unfairly. We're under siege here...

[edit on 23-11-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Tragic as this was. I have nothing but respect for this little ole lady. 92, and spirit to match her years, she must have had no idea who was coming through the door, and reacted the same way I would have. Good for her. Maybe the powers that be will start to rethink some of the more draconian methods that DEA and Narcotics Units are seemingly allowed to get away with.

Granny went out with style points if nothing else. If it was the wrong address, there won't be rocks big enough for the incompetents to hide under. The riducule alone...not to mention wrongful death.

I hope I'm that spirited when I'm 92...I hope I'm still kickin' when I'm 92.

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join