It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Kramer" from Seinfeld racist remarks

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Nigger

Biggot!

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by nephyx

Nigger

Biggot!

My nigga!!

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Landis
If blacks don't like the use of the "N" word they should stop using it amongst themselves. As long as the word is still in use it's fair game.

Double standards blow.

Honestly, I haven't ever heard a black person say the "n" word, but rather "nigga." Either this term is used to denote another black person, or it can have the opposite meaning as the "n" word.

I would like to recomend a movie and DVD for those wanting to further look into this issue. There is a DVD known as "The N Word - Divided We Stand" which documents the history and use of the word in the US. Likewise, there is also a book, "Nigger: The Strange Career of a Troublesome Word," written by a proffessor who dives deeper into the history of the word, and its transformation into the now use as an insult.

[edit on 22-11-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Let's face it - 'n-word' and nigga are the same damn thing. Anyone who believes there's a difference is an ignoramus.

Frankly, I'm sick to death of black martyrdom. They wear that chip as if they're the only people on the damn planet who've ever been enslaved.

The Indians lost their entire damn country, but you don't see them sitting around and snivelling about it.

Get over it. Move on. You're boring the piss out of the rest of us.

[edit on 11/22/2006 by Landis]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Let's face it - 'n-word' and nigga are the same *SNIP* thing. Anyone who believes there's a difference is an ignoramus.

I believe differently. Why am I an ignoramus?

Frankly, I'm sick to death of black martyrdom. They wear that chip as if they're the only people on the *SNIPPAGE* planet who've ever been enslaved.

We're not the only one's to be enslaved, but does that mean it's okay that we were enslaved? Does that mean we need to keep taking the abuse long afterwards because you feel like dishing it out?

The Indians lost their entire *MOD SNIP-O-RAMA* country, but you don't see them sitting around and snivelling about it.

There are plenty of indians upset and complaining about their situation. It just so happens that you don't hear about it. Are you even located in the US? Do you know what you're talking about here?

Get over it. Move on. You're boring the piss out of the rest of us.

By us do you mean all white people, or just ones who think what was done is okay?

I find this whole post filled with overt racism. You sir, are a racist.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Frankly, the discussion surrounding the so called double-standard bores me. I feel it is a complete waste of time. If black men wish to refer to themselves with the N word, then so be it. I choose not to use the word, as I feel it is a term to degrade all black people. Others deem it appropriate and use it often, I do not. Am I offended that others use the term loosely, but if I were to use it I would be chastised for it? No!

So this double standard crap is complete garbage. Why would we even want to use the term? What does it prove? There are hundreds of other terms we can use. People who are offended by the fact blacks use it, while others can not, is severely misguided in my opinion.

Why would we want to use any term to degrade another human? Sure many people use the term loosely with no meaning behind it. Most times the term is used as a form of brotherhood rather than degradation, I respect this choice. But it is not my right to be offended by my inability to use the term.

The use of this word in this specific incident is secondary to the message itself. It was not a matter of referring to a black man as a you know what. It was a person being degraded, humiliated and bombarded with racial slurs. The slurs themselves are secondary, the racial content is first and foremost. I think this thread is becoming more focused on the actual wording of Richards comments than the true message behind it.

His intent was to inflict harm. When these are your intentions, the wording itself is regardless.

I can forgive him, but his actions can not be forgotten. I firmly believe he is a racist.

I am capable of leaving it at that.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
As a white man with a black soul, Im gonna have to agree with chissler on this one. This is an outrage. I cant wait till my NAACP Ninjas drop a bomb on his ass.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I was hoping that this was staged, like Kaufman did, but it's looking less and less likely. I honestly don't think he's a racist at heart, but I do think he's disturbed. You could almost see it in his Letterman interview.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I was hoping that this was staged, like Kaufman did, but it's looking less and less likely. I honestly don't think he's a racist at heart, but I do think he's disturbed. You could almost see it in his Letterman interview.

Why were you hoping for this pray tell?
You have been fighting hard to defend this guy for some time now.. it is because you are a fan? a mason? Jewish?

How do any of us know what he really thinks?

It is obvious he meant to be spiteful and he talked about all blacks and he had no real reason to do it. Most of all he did it in public and with no regard for the effects at the time.

Lastly, he should know better more so than the average person.

Kaufman was a no talent and I could never figure out why he went half as far as he did.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It's because I respect his intelligence, and I didn't want my fears to be true, that a man of such high intelligence would sink so low.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I'm not a racist. I'm sick of wimps whining about ancient history.

Get over it.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Just because you don't experience it doesn't mean it's not happening friend.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Frankly, I don't give a rat's arse. We all have our crosses to bear. Some of us just don't go around publicly and constantly snivelling about it.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
You have been fighting hard to defend this guy for some time now.. it is because you are a fan? a mason? Jewish?

dude, your issues with jews is getting somewhat obvious. have a bagel or a maztzoh ball and relax a bit, we aren't to blame for everything, just your failings and shortcomings.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
T-Shirt Hell jumped on this issue quickly. www.tshirthell.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Frankly, I don't give a rat's arse.

So why are you here? Or are you trying to convince yourself, maybe us, that you do not give a rats arse? Its obvious the arse of this rat is a concern for yourself and most of us.

Some of us just don't go around publicly and constantly snivelling about it.

So when someone ravishes another man with racial slurs, we should do what? Shut our mouthes? Turn the other cheek? Walk away? Ignore it? Ok I'll stop. But please, inform me what course of action should be taken when someone bombards another human with racial slurs. Apparently being vocal in your distaste of the event, is not the right way to go.

What we need to remember here, is our takes on these events are our opinions. My opinion is no more valid than yours, but do realize it is just your opinion. Saying we are sniveling about it is an attempt to further your own opinion, by trampling on ours.

What makes you believe your opinion is any more valid than ours?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   

It's because I respect his intelligence, and I didn't want my fears to be true, that a man of such high intelligence would sink so low.

His intelligence? how do you know he is intelligent? So this is the ONLY reason you are supporting him so valiantly in this thread then? I rather find that difficult to believe.

If this man is so intelligent then why didn't he catch himself on this at the time and limit his comments? Why didn't he say it was a joke or try to pass it off otherwise?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   

His intelligence? how do you know he is intelligent?

How do you know hes not intelligent? Smart people do stupid things every day. We assume he is a moron due to this event, but if we were to take our worst day and have others measure us on it, how would we fair?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

dude, your issues with jews is getting somewhat obvious. have a bagel or a maztzoh ball and relax a bit, we aren't to blame for everything, just your failings and shortcomings.

No you are not to blame for everything but you are to blame for SOMETHINGS... right or wrong? or do you see them as being innocent and above doing wrong? You may be one for all I know and that is why you appear biased on this issue.

They had no compassion for Mel Gibson so there should be no compassion for their boy when he screws up.

There were people demanding Gibson do jail time or be killed or be ruined but nobody dare touch one of your boys right?

There was criticism of the Catholic religion and even his father. They were said to be part of a cult that was dangerous.

Meanwhile Richards is a 33 degree mason and barely mentioned at all.

Not fair and I'm calling you on it.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Gibson was not caught on camera. The fact the public did not witness the event for themselves, it has a far less impact on our psyches. Right or wrong, it is human nature.

Turning this into a black versus Jewish issue is as wrong as the comments made by Gibson or Richards. Both are lone, separate events and both deserved the ridicule they have endured.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join