It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Kramer" from Seinfeld racist remarks

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I saw this on the drudge report,
I used to think his character was funny on seinfeld, but after seeing this i don't want to see that guy anymore.
Here's the link:
Kramer loses it

[edit on 20-11-2006 by thehumbleone]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Yeah I've seen this a few times today. The real issue is that this guy is a 33 degree freemason and has been openly promoted as such.

It begs the obvious question: what next?

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I take it you'll boycott all the black comedians that use racial terms about white? If they were stopped, half of them wouldn't even have a career.

I'm sure you'll also boycott all the black rap artists who use the same terms.

It would never be a story if it was a black guy going off on a white guy, total hypocrisy and double standards.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Thanks a lot Michael Richards, you just ruined the pleasure of watching seinfeld with you foolish racist comments.

I'm really getting tired of people seeing each other as different races instead of just human beings.

Race is a myth, there is no such thing, we are all human beings, once we get past exterior differences then we will see that there are only cultural differences.

sbj

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
I take it you'll boycott all the black comedians that use racial terms about white? If they were stopped, half of them wouldn't even have a career.

I'm sure you'll also boycott all the black rap artists who use the same terms.

It would never be a story if it was a black guy going off on a white guy, total hypocrisy and double standards.

THANK YOU!

That's not to say that these comments were on par, BUT...

*before reading...not meant to offend, just show the inherit problems*

...being in entertainment, and white, I'm so sick of the double standard that comes from racial comedy. Its fine for a black guy to go out on stage and say, "yeah, all my cracker friends, well they're all just '*mimicking white guy* 'honky dory just so long as I can get all my episodes of Buffy downloaded". But if a white guy goes out and says that all n***as (see I can't even type it for fear of blacklash & notics the "A") just looovvvee them some Popeyes and malt liquor...well DAMN look out!

[edit on 20-11-2006 by sbj]

[edit on 20-11-2006 by sbj]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
He was saying some pretty F-ed up stuff, like "Fifty years ago we'd have hung you from a tree" and stuff like that. I don't see the equivalent in rap music.

And, I'm pretty sure he said it because he couldn't think of anything else to say. He's a brilliant man, but obviously not a comedic genius. He's got slapstick, but slapstick isn't very good for hecklers.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
true story. a few years ago my wife and I went to the Essence Awards. She is in advertising and her client was a product geared toward the african american buyers. anyway, we went to the awards, which pretty much honor african americans for their success and contribution to society. Sinbad and Hallee Berry were the hosts and the honorees were Oprah, Stevie Wonder, Mohammed Ali a skater and one other big name. The guest who appeared and performed were insane. LL Cool J, Bill Cosby, etc. Huge names.

The entire show Sinbad is making white guy this and that jokes. The majority of the people in the first few sections were white and the rest of the theater was filled with african americans and a scattered collection of us crackers. Everyone was laughing hysterically at the antics of the hosts. Mocking our dress, our dancing, our talking etc. Then he made a joke about black people and, possibly used the n word. It was hysterical. Everyone laughed. Including Frosty the snowman here. And when my darker section mates saw me laughing I got an earful. It was funny when it was a black guy making fun of a white guy but when it was a black joke, apparently not funny to me.

Huge double standard. Imagine if I decided to hold a white guy awards. would the latin, black, asian etc community be upset? Damned right.

Anyway, what Michael Richards did was wrong but we are missing the heckling, we are missing the thrust of his show prior to the outburst as well. He makes a comment about shock at some point. Perhaps he was trying to shock and prove a point and it got out of hand. His comments are still wrong and clearly upsetting to the people in the audience so my take on the show might be off a bit but it helps to see it all as it happens.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Was it just my connection, or was a visual quality awful for everybody? It was so blurry I couldn't tell if that was him or not! Sure seemed like whoever it was was pretty drunk or something though. Is there proof this was him?

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
The real issue is that this guy is a 33 degree freemason and has been openly promoted as such.

really? that's the real issue? not the racial slurring tirade? that's like saying the real issue with Mel Gibson's anti-semitic remarks was that he was driving a foreign car.

freemasons can't be racists?

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This doesnt surprise me, Freemasons are known for their racism...

Its amazing how the vast majority of people still see some kind of difference in people because of the body their soul chose to experience in in this lifetime, and we wonder why the state of the world is the way it is. People, you gotta grow up, these petty differences are for children only. But of course, the majority of the human race are nothing but over grown children....with egos. Truth is.

I give Michael Richards a big thumbs down for those comments, and a big thumbs up to the guys who stood up and voiced their opinions to this freemasonic scumbag.

What a stupid show Seinfeld was in the first place....

[edit on 20-11-2006 by LightWorker13]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Is there a double standard out there? Yes.
Does that make what Richards said okay? No.

Richards was being heckled. Comedians get heckled all the time. It comes with the job. Sometimes Comedians ignore it.
Sometimes they make comebacks and it all becomes part of the show.
And Sometimes the Comedian snap and say stupid things like what happened here. Richards wasn’t trying to make a funny comeback he was trying to be hurtful and mean.

Perhaps the heckling was racial and provoked Richards. Hearing the hecklers call Richards a cracker after he called them a 'n-word' may be an indication of that.
Regardless, Richards is responsible for his own words and behavior.

He snapped. He lost control.
What Richards said and did was wrong. It was mean spirited and racist.
And it can’t be justified because of NWA records and Chris Rock.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
That was an extremely bad turn of events. Richards was spewing pure hatred. He tried to disguise it as comedy at first but his rage just blew things wide open.

There are bigots of every race and yes IMO there is a double standard but people like this I feel sad for. Unfortunately freedom of speech has its ugly side.

Yes I have seen this type of hatred coming from African Americans as well but that doesn't make what Richards did acceptable.

I happen to love Seinfeld and was planning on buying DVD's of the show but I'm a bit torn now as I don't want to indirectly put money in the pockets of obvious racists. At this point I have to say no, I will not purchase these DVD's.

Everyone has their glass house to deal with and this man needs to change his heart.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I respect Richards for a lot of things actually. Apparently he has a genius IQ, an amazing painter, very well read, and great at the slapstick, and a genuinely nice guy. This must have been one of his off days.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
This must have been one of his off days.

I don't think you can chalk this up to an off day. From the sound of it this was something that had been building for a long time. The finger was pulled from the dike.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
I don't think you can chalk this up to an off day. From the sound of it this was something that had been building for a long time. The finger was pulled from the dike.

Slurs against lesbians won't help your argument :shk:

Actually, I haven't heard the tirade yet (I'm at work and have no headphones). I think it would be very interesting if this was a Kaufman-esque planned event. It sounds like something he might do.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Don't you guys see what you are saying?

What Michael Richards did was insult a man for being black.

When black comedians make fun of white people, it's more of the cultural difference and the way they act. They're not insulting you for being white, it's more of a cultural thing, at least thats the way i see it.

Michael Richards was just being plain evil thinking he is superior to black people.

Like I said before, the concept of different races is a myth, we are all one race, the human race.

If you can get past that, then you will see there are only cultural differences.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Yeah.. He wasn't telling a "joke" he was putting a person down.

what a douche.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

they already added this event to wiki, and its now locked....

bet it was being vandalized

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
There is may be double standard but that's a different topic.

Richards was using the term as a means to verbally attack the black hecklers. In addition he said something about "50 years ago we would've had a stick up your ass". Something along those lines, I forget the exact line.

There's a big difference between what he said (which was an attack) and using the word in a context that is devoid of racism such as what Lenny Bruce would do and at times Carlin. Richards used it in a racist context to insult blacks. And it was not a joke. It was his response to hecklers.

This isn't justifed by comedians like Pyror and Rock calling other blacks the word. They did not use the term in hatred. They used it for the purpose of comedy. Something that Richards was not doing.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
en.wikipedia.org...

they already added this event to wiki, and its now locked....

bet it was being vandalized

That page had about 130 edits today. It looked like it was closed because it hard to manage due to the number of edits and people not following the rules.

en.wikipedia.org...

One of the edits removed included, Michael Richards being added to the Racist people category.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join