It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TAPS/Ghosthunters The Stanley Hotel, both visits.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It's great to get more history about this place from someone who has been there. So thanks for the input.

One thing when I was there. Jason (TAPS) asked me to stand in the closet in the room where the closet opened on it's own during one episode. My feeling was that because the closet backs up to the elevator that the elevator being as old and rickity as it was causing the closet door to open on it's own. However, it doesn't explain how the closet closes on it's own.
But it was a little creepy standing in the closet. I always felt like someone was going to grab me from behind.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
That very well could be, however the elevator shouldent have been run at night. But if it was you would have heard it on tape, that thing sounds like a freight train when its being used. Thats why we generaly didnt use it at night except for rare occasions like if someone was in a wheelchair, or elderly etc. Could explain the broken glass too.

That Hotel has some great history. The founder , FO Stanley was a great person, who loved Estes Park. He put in the orriginal hydroelectric power plant and created much of the infrastructure including sewer and phone lines in the town. His creation of the Stanley Steamer also was used they had a bus version of it that would transport guests from lyons train station to the hotel. An interesting fact is out front of the hotel is a semi circle lawn area. That semi circle is exactly the turning radious for the steamers.

There is a great wealth of history at that hotel. Like the fact that it was orriginaly yellow not white. There was a building called the gate house that was orriginaly placed near the now standing McDonnalds. it was moved because the old owner Frank Normali sold much of the land arround the hotel to developers that created Stanley Village.

Stephen King got his insparation for the shining from the Stanley hotel. The book was orriginaly about a haunted amusement park but when he stayed at the hotel he chainged it. The hotel used to close in the winter and someone would be a caretaker of the hotel while it was closed. Estes Park never gets that much snow but its unprofitable to keep that hotel running in the winter. It still is but the current owner has many hotel properties arround the country so the loss isnt that bad.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Wow some great stories from your experiences in this hotel! Jack Nicolas in The shining is one of my favorite movies,nice to know he got inspired by this Hotel.I was curious to Google search the Hotel to see pictures and from The main website they have a virtual picture tour to view.It really does look so much like the Hotel in The shining! Just beautiful,I am thinking about a summer vacation there.I bet they don't have a giant garden maze to explore though

one thing about the promotional pictures,Do they deliberately try to make some photos look ghostly?For getting people interested to visit?Possibly because of The shining popularity?One of the tour photos caught my eye very quickly so I believe it must be fake.Just by mention of this photo may increase the number of curious visitors.I am probobly not the first one to see this but this photo ..click link....
i32.photobucket.com...

seems to show a little girl in white standing near the top of stairs.She has no feet and if the dress is too long how can she safely walk down?Also when you Zoom the picture large,she has no head and you seem to be able to see through her ,the stairs are almost visible behind her,I think this is a fake picture or just a bad quality pic,scary one though.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Hi mistr_b2

seems to show a little girl in white standing near the top of stairs.She has no feet and if the dress is too long how can she safely walk down?Also when you Zoom the picture large,she has no head and you seem to be able to see through her ,the stairs are almost visible behind her,I think this is a fake picture or just a bad quality pic,scary one though.

Have you got a higher resolution version of that picture?
Zoomed in its too pix-elated....

[edit on 11-12-2006 by Denied]

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
If you go to the web site here you can see the picture show...
www.stanleyhotel.com...

You may be able to email the staff for a higher quality picture.
To me when I zoom in,it is still a very creepy picture the way it is.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Well i just stayed in the stanley for 2 nights, and a couple strange things happend to me and my mom, for example we stayed in 401 on one night, and my mom had her thigh pinched, and when she turned around no one was there, and when i was on the 4th floor i heard giggling then i looked over and no one was there, but i kept hearing it. and i looked up the stairs to the roof on the 4th floor and i saw the hatch open and a shadowy figure go up, that freaked me out the most. but the worst part is i was sitting on a high rock, and i felt a nudge on my back and i fell and broke my arm.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join