It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TAPS/Ghosthunters The Stanley Hotel, both visits.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Im just watching this now, so i thought maybe fellow members could watch and discuss this episode in this thread.
If its a good one, i will cut and edit the best bits for all to see.
For people that have already seen this one, and want to share their comments, that would be great.

Just click the link and you can either stream, or download.
Enjoy.
www.guba.com...

Stephen King stayed at this hotel and based the book "The Shining", from his own paranormal experiences there too.

[edit on 18-11-2006 by Denied]

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I have taken a 30 second clip from this, when two of them went down to a tunnel under the hotel, they heard this girls voice, believed to be a 12 year old girl that died there, called Katie.
She says hello twice and laughs, and seems to want to make contact in some way.
I only took the part of the analysis of it at the end, but if you want to see where it happened let me know.

Now this is not a evp, its a very clear voice, spooky, what do you think?
They discounted anyone being above them at the time.

**added better link for video**

video.google.com...

And short video of same voice, but on location.

video.google.com...

[edit on 18-11-2006 by Denied]

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Is supposed to be very haunted, this guy stays the night there, sets up his camera, and is awoken by the closet door opening, and the glass by his bed smashing

Has anyone in Colorado ever been or stayed in this place?

video.google.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
i just saw the entire episode and it was amazing. if its not fake of course.

the door that opened was scary. and the "Hello?" part was freakish.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeMitsuko
i just saw the entire episode and it was amazing. if its not fake of course.

the door that opened was scary. and the "Hello?" part was freakish.

Does anyone actually think the TAPS crew would fake it?
I dont, they seem pretty thorough and explore all possibilities

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I actualy worked at the Stanley for 3 years. I can tell you firsthand that that hotel is a lot weirder thain what those guys saw.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
whatukno....

OH NO! You're not getting off that easy...TELL US EVERYTHING!

Oh my, the anticipation's killing me.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
well I hate to debunk the ghost hunters but the "hello" is a cat, I have heard that meow all to often in the tunnel I know what it is.

most times you see things out of the corner of your eye that arnt there. a couple times though realy strainge things happened.

1 one night when I was almoast nodding off a voice yelled out my name. There was no one arround but it sounded like it was about two inches from my ear.

2 when you go downstairs to the garden level it often sounds like the lobby above you is filled with people.

3 401 is a haunted room actualy the entire 4th floor is very haunted. I would walk up there every so often to hear a little girl crying.

4 I was taking a break in the bar one night when a shaddow stood up and walked twards me that was a freaky night.

5 One morning the cook came in to find every knife in the kitchen imbedded in the ceiling of the kitchen

6 one morning the diswasher, me and one of the cooks walked into the MacGreggor room to find a group of about 15 ghosts gathered together arround the center of the room. when I went in to get a better look they all dissapeared.

7 one night I had a woman try and check in that wasnt there. She came up to the front desk and told me her name when I put it into the computer no reservation came back but that is nothing unusual so I looked up to ask her if there was any other name it could be under and she was gone.

8 doors opening and closing by themselves

9 lights flickering at certan times of the night

10 Cold spots all over the place that move.

This list would go on and on. There are a lot of freaky things about that hotel that I can go into but for one thing I do know that hello is actualy a meow from a little black cat with white feet. not a ghost of a girl.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Hmmm.
Great feedback.
Are you sure its a cat?
Coz the voice giggles too....

Sounds like some crazy experiences you've had there, what made you leave i wonder?

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Actualy I was fired for sleeping with one of the guests. Aparently thats a no no lol. Overal it was a fun place to work. I was the Night Auditor, I generaly worked allone, on buisy nights sometimes there would be two people working together. I would get my actual work done in about two hours then the rest of the night all I had to do was stay awake. I would go to the kitchen and make some grub and just hang out on the internet all night long till people would start waking up in the morning to check out.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Actualy I was fired for sleeping with one of the guests. Aparently thats a no no lol.

I would get my actual work done in about two hours then the rest of the night all I had to do was stay awake.

lol...Apparently there was one other thing you had to try to do as well.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Yea thats true, I must have missed that part in the employee handbook.

That hello is a cat, I know that cat very well cause I fed it and its brothers and sisters. There were also raccoons all over the place, huge ones. They would get into the hotel and make a huge mess.

In the fall the elk would go into their mating season and we had one rather large bull hang out on the front lawn and bugle he would fight the bull at the nearby 9 hole golf course for cows they would steal each others cows and fight its an impressive sight.

There are many ghosts at the Stanley, one is F.O. Stanley himself he watches over the place. I assume he is the one that screamed out my name when I nearly fell assleap. That not only happened to me but other night auditors as well.

The fourth floor is a scary place I hated going up there and I often got complaints about the activity on that floor. The worst one was about that little girl that cried up there. It is a horrible sound and I could never find her.

There are others, aparently including Lord Dunraven. A scottish lord that tried to buy up the entire town to use as a private hunting preserve. He was ran out of town tho. he is the one that aparently haunts 401.

Everyone there had the expirence of seing things out of the corner of their eyes. That happened so often that it was concidered normal. In the winter time thats the off season for Estes Park so the hotel would be realy quiet, thats when most of the ghost activity was noticed.

On quiet nights I would often hear things around me but I wasnt ever scared of anything the entities at the hotel are generaly friendly spirits. Actualy my impression of them all is they seem to be memories of good times past, if that makes any sense.

The only thing that actualy scared me was the shaddow in the bar that walked twards me. That freaked me out pretty bad so I yelled at it "don't do that!" it dissapeared.

It was hard to keep night auditors at the Stanley because of all the stuff that went on. Some people dont like it when the lights flicker on and off and doors open and close on their own. go figure. I tried to train some of the managers to do my job so that I could take a day off but only two of them would do it and they only did it a couple of times. Then they told me that I couldent take annother night off again.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Actually I was there during the time they filmed the show.
We did a ghost investigation with the TAPS team in early Nov at the Stanley.
It is a gorgeous place with plenty of stories and activity to keep one entertained.
These are good guys and would never mislead their audience.

Here is the thread link to the discussion about the episode you are talking about.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I didn't experience anything on the 4th floor but did in the manor house next door in room 1302. A hand went up the back of my hair and freaked me out.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
whatuknow,

Thanks for sharing your experiences. It's all very interesting. Now, I'm not saying I rule out that the basement sound may have been a cat, but at this point I severely doubt it. I just can't wrap my mind around how a cat could make the noises I heard.

Dday...how cool are you! That is awesome. Will you please share more details on the investigation you were involved in?

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Thanks Dday.

Taken from his link.

The "voices" that they heard were employees.
The vents in the basement of the hotel travel all the way through the floors. Nobody was supposed to be in the basement and the employees weren't aware that the TAPS team were down there at the time and the girls heard someone moving around below and got spooked and leaned over the vent and asked Hello?

Then you heard giggling because again they didn't know anyone was in the basement at the time and they got spooked over the noises and were giggling nervously.

I keep telling you guys that I was there at the time.

I hear what your saying Valhall, just doesn't seem like a cat, seems Dday has solved this one???

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Ha! Now that makes total sense. And while it was happening real-time I kept wondering if it was coming from above them. I do believe they tried to figure out if it was, didn't they? Didn't they go up on the floor above where they thought they had been at the time in the basement to see if there was some conduit or such?

Thanks Dday and thanks Denied.
I agree that Dday appears to have brought the explanation on that one to us.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Yea the manor house is an interesting place in and of itself. Back when Frank Normali owned the hotel they completely gutted the manor house and rebuilt it. There were tons of rumors why they did this including the one that Normali was using the Manor House like a brothel and had special clients stay there. I don't know if it was true but I do remember one night in the winter I got a call from someone on the second floor of the manor house who asked if I could quiet down the party comming from the third floor. I had to tell her that there wasnt anyone over there besides her. She immediatly wanted to move to the main hotel. which wasnt a problem because there was plenty of room in the main hotel for her to move to. I went over there I didnt hear anything when I got there but she was pretty freaked out.

I am a big fan of the Ghost Hunters I agree that they wouldnt knowingly mislead their audiance. At the same time though, they may have been mestaken. I worked up there nearly every night for 3 years. I have never heard a little girl giggle or say hello down on the garden level. Course strainge things do happen there. So I guess anything is possible.

While you were there did anyone show you whats behind the little aspen leaves in the pinion room? The ones near the fire place?

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

While you were there did anyone show you whats behind the little aspen leaves in the pinion room? The ones near the fire place?

dammit - don't do that to me. I WANNA KNOW!

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Val - it was a ghost hunting event at the Stanley for the weekend. It was a great experience. I was with another friend of mine and she was very close friends to the guy that hosted this event. As a special favor he got us down into the basement of the hotel were only employees are allowed to go.
The Stanley requested that nobody go down there because the hotel in actually built into the mountain and there is tons of piping and stuff and they didn't want a law suit should someone go through one of the tunnels under the hotel. Which of course my friend and I did but it didn't lead anywhere and we came back. But it was there that the TAPS guys were and heard the "voice. However the vents are plain to see and they run up through the front desk area and other areas throught the hotel on the first floor and lower level.

Jason and Grant truely believed what they caught was voice phenominon but were disinclined to believe it was employees because at the time of review those girls were not working at the time.

The group I was with when we proceeded on investigation had camera's and EVP's recorders, EMF readers etc...they were prepared.
One of the guys actually caught an apparition of a woman. We all tried to recreate the picture and gave it to Jason and Grant for review and it appears to be the real thing.
Another gentleman in our group caught an EVP of a voice saying "HEY" in a whisper.
Rather creepy.

Another place of interest was the concert hall. Although I personally didn't feel or experience anything there at the time, plenty of others caught things on film and got touched. The story goes that an old homeless woman froze to death in the concert hall back in the 40's I believe. Whatukno correct me if I am wrong about the time frame.

No Whatukno I didn't get to see what was behind the aspen leaves. What is it?

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Val cmon man if I told you everything upfront it wouldent make for an interesting post. Above the fireplace in the pinion room are now two aspen leaves they are covering up hopi indian symbols. The reason that they did this is because these paticular symbols look a lot like nazi swastikas (SP) sorry. The hotel was built in 1909 so realy there isnt any connection between FO Stanley and the Nazis but people are freaked out by that so they covered them up.

The concert hall is a beautifull building with superb acoustics it was just recently renovated and I believe its now open to the public. I havent heard the one about the homeless woman freezing to death in the 40s that is entirely possible as EP does have a transient population.

When I worked there I did discover a homeless woman sleeping behind the phone room in the tunnel area. It was kinda gross as I caught her releaving herself behind the phone room.

There is a story about a maid that commited suicide on the 4th floor because her lover left her. I believe it was in 410. sometimes strainge notes are found in the room because she aparently doesnt like people staying in her room.

Annother interesting room is called the cold room it is tucked away behind the kitchen. its rather frightining back there and some have said that back in the early years of the hotel it was used as a kind of morge for tuburculosis patients that died in the winter in and were awaiting transport down to the valley.

annother interesting factoid is the walk in coolers and freezers in the kitchen all have slide bolts attached to them. This is because they all have a tendency to open on their own.

As far as the tunnels go they were filled in when wyndam hotels bought the place they felt that they were too dangerous to be used. one tunnel went from the main hotel to the manor house. The entrance was located behind the door marked FO Stanley proprieter. The exit in the manor house is now a records room in the basement. which is now the executive offices.

The other tunnel that you went through orriginaly lead to the dorms these tunnels were used back in the day so that employees could go to and from the hotels without disturbing the guests.

People have said that I should write a book about my expirences at the hotel. I had a great time there. One night when we hosted a psychics convention a couple of the psychics told me that I was attached spiritualy to that hotel. Kinda pissed me off a bit cause I certanly don't want to haunt that place when I die.

I never had any equipment with me like EVPs or other kinds of recording devices so I couldent get any hard evedence. All I know is that hotel is deffenatly haunted by several spirits. In general those spirits are friendly and benign.

There is annother strainge thing that I found in the hotel. If you go down by the kitchen there are a set of employee bathrooms in the girls lavatory behind the far door is a staircase that leads up to the floor of the kitchen however there is no exit there it was sealed off about the same time as the tunnels were.

The carrage house at the far east end of the property is annother interesting place to visit. its pretty run down but several people in the area often tell of strainge sightings and sounds comming out of that building.

Annother interesting buiding is the GMs house its located just west of the main hotel you can get there by going through the tunnel and out the door. There was a misterious fire that gutted this building and it has just been recently renovated into condos. Dang development.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join