It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Flow, High Efficiency Shower Heads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Check this thing out. It's a new Aerated shower head that reduces water consumption by 30% by injecting tiny bubbles into the water droplets.

www.gizmag.com...

The researchers, from CSIRO Manufacturing Materials Technology in Melbourne, say the device increases the volume of the shower stream while reducing the amount of water used by about 30 per cent. Given the average household uses about 200,000 litres of water a year, and showers account for nearly a third of this, the ‘air shower’ could help the average household save about 15,000-20,000 litres a year. If you extend this across the Australian population, that is an annual saving of more than 45,000 Olympic-sized swimming pools. Across the world, well, it’s a lot more and it might mean that the severe water restrictions being imposed in Australia’s major cities right now might not come to your town.

I wonder if someone can come up with a device that will do this with Toilets and taps?

[edit on 17-11-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Thats pretty cool.

I hope it gets to market soon.
We've tried the earlier types of showerheads, but because of the reduced flow, you ended up staying in the shower longer.

Kind of like those high effeciency toilets..The ones you have to flush a few times.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Yeah, I don't like the Low Flow products either. One thing I didn't catch before, but just notice now, is that even though the Water Flow is decreased(supplemented by air to keep the flow rate) the volume is increased so it would take even less time to get clean cuz it covers more of your body.

new topics

join