It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Mathematics from God or Satan?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
God is big into math. I refer to the way heaven is decribed in Rev 21. Many numbers, angles and groupings. Also in the way that he described to Noah on how to build the Ark. These are just two examples but math is definitily from God. Math is universal.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConstantlyWondering
God is big into math. I refer to the way heaven is decribed in Rev 21. Many numbers, angles and groupings. Also in the way that he described to Noah on how to build the Ark. These are just two examples but math is definitily from God. Math is universal.

ConstantlyWondering, excellent comment!!! I spend part of each day in mathematics so that I can know and serve God better. Is this true for you, as well?

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
If the concept of addition did not exist, would God exist? If the concept of subtraction did not exist, would Satan exist?

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Can numbers exist without words? Can words exist without numbers? Is mathematics the pride of arrogance (Genesis 11:1-9)? Or is mathematics, not religion, the best subeject to use to find the Absolute Truths?

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
If you had to choose one word to describe God, Satan, and mathematics individually, which would you choose? I would choose:

God: Infinite
Satan: Evil
Mathematics: Enlightening

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
My love, please tell me once again, who IS 'satan?'

About 'mathematics.' My understandings thereof, that is.

Human beings use numbers to quantify and measure and compare (which is essentially judgment of a sort, don't you think?)

God doesn't need to count anything - He doesn't count our foibles and errors against us - He doesn't limit us in any way - He lets us increase the population as much as we like (intentionally or not)....

And although I am convinced that physics is the underlying theorem of creation (both seen and unseen) and also understand that mathematics is a integral function for those who decipher creation according to that approach, I think that the mathematics are for us - in order to get to the essential truths of the structure of reality, but as far as being necessary to create said structure - I think numbers play a far different role on God's end of the architecture.

I think of numbers as 'vibrational energies' and essentially there are only 8 (1 - 9) and all combinations these can create do have their own vibrational signatures but are not originals like the first 8 are, but rather like structures built from the eight. Kind of like molecules are built from atoms, chords are built from individual musical tones, and colors are mixed in limitless hues based on the basic range of the color wheel (rainbow).

I find it to be a beautiful testimony to God's simple perfection (which expands eternally into never-ending variety) that there are 7 notes in the musical scale (or 13 if you go for the chromatic scale), 7 colors in the rainbow, 7 planets excluding our own, and even 7 continents. 7 is the highest prime number (out of our simple 8 singular digits) and so it represents 'divine perfection.'

But if we add just one more:
>the 'zero' (completeness in infinite inclusion) or the '10' (the fullness and crown of completeness which starts the cycle again as '1')
>our own planet Gaia to make '8'
>pure white (which is the combination of all 7 prismatic tones)
>the ending note which makes the scale into an octave
and so on...

then we have a new start from the end of the previous perfect cycle - and this is why the number 8 represents 'new life, regeneration, and resurrection!'

Perhaps it is the 'accuser' which has given mankind such a propensity to count and quantify with numbers - remember the episode with King David, when he took a census of Israel and even though God brought him to do so, through anger, God got angry because David did succumb to the temptation to number the people in the kingdom! David was beloved by God, to whom all things great and small belong without exception - and when God chose David to rule over Israel, then there was nothing David could not have for the asking! So why count? Greed? Ego? It is a very good thing to contemplate upon.

I do find something that is invaluable in the inherent nature of mathematics, though, that concerns God and the idea of whether or not there is such a thing as 'absolute truth,' and that is the fact that Math is the one field of academics/science/human understanding, that is always objective and not open to alterations as far as the final outcome of any given problem. Whether we can 'show our work' to demonstrate how we arrived at an answer to a math problem (right or wrong) - the answer is never going to be debatable! It is either correct or it is not. And what is not correct can not be made to conform to anyone's ideas to the contrary - REGARDLESS! The answers are always either correct or incorrect.

That, to me, is somehow evidence in favor of an absolute truth that binds all human souls just as the laws of mathematics hold much of our understanding of the world together in a way that can be counted on to be unchanging in our constantly morphing present moment, counted on and proven to be the same time and time again....in 6000B BC, 1 + 1 = 2 just like it did in 2000 AD!

God bless you, GT!

queenannie38, if I had the power, I would award you a doctorate in philosophy!!! I am not sure if you are as gifted with numbers as you are words but your talk of love inspires all with love in their souls!!!

Satan to me is the worst that can happen to life survivability and happiness (even if it "did not occur" in our minds, it did occur). God is always the best of what can happen to life in survivability and happiness (even if it "did not occur" in our minds, it did occur). This is a brief summary of what I have experienced. If I have the time, I will expand upon this in future posts or replies.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Before, during, and after Creation, did or does God only speak in words? Only in numbers? In a language that no human being ever could comprehend? If applicable, which combination of these? I believe that God knows all languages, no matter whether it is words, numbers, or design, but that there will be a highest form of language that only He can always comprehend.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech

Originally posted by ConstantlyWondering

ConstantlyWondering, excellent comment!!! I spend part of each day in mathematics so that I can know and serve God better. Is this true for you, as well?

Understanding math is the beginning of understanding the way the universe works. God put our planet at the right distance from the Sun and the right rotation and the right wobble on the axis for life to prosper here on Earth. God uses math in all of his creation. Thank you GreatTech but I get more out of your post. You put alot of thought into them. I look forward to reading more.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Oh that's easy: When I understand it, it's from God, when I'm stumped - it's satan.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud
Not to cause offence but there are only 3 basic colors,

Well, if you are mixing tempura paint in the third grade, sure...but I'm talking about physics, the prism, the rainbow...

All things are light - when in waveform, frequencies cause the experience of our reality! Colors, music, etc.
If your talking rainbow colors then there still isnt 7 colors it is a myriad of colors from red to violet

and what about the minor planets?,

What minor planets?

The smallest one we have is closest to the sun: Mercury.
minor planets. Also if the question was posed last year then pluto would be in there making your total 8!!!!

continents are a human invention.

Right. Who arranged them, then? Paul Bunyan and Babe?
Is there physical borders around countries??? A big barrier that says America or Asia???? Borders only exist in the minds of humans!!

If you want to attribute meaning to numbers then go ahead, I'm just telling you that your wrong on attributing 7 to the above.

G

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
A number is Universal. One shall always be one and five shall always be five.

What truly opens our potential in the field though is how operations affect these numbers.

Once humans learned the operations we found a whole new world for our numbers.

It is my understanding that if a God exists, which I believe is the case, then numbers and mathematics are indeed a divine tool for progression of the species.

Without that certain pin-pointed understanding of numbers and mathematics, it would be difficult to progress and communicate within ourselves as the species increases in number.

Anything that is Universal has to be divine. It works in all parts of the Universe.

I shall guarantee it with my own mouth.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud
If your talking rainbow colors then there still isnt 7 colors it is a myriad of colors from red to violet

Prismatic light refraction....that is what I am referring to.

minor planets. Also if the question was posed last year then pluto would be in there making your total 8!!!!

No - last year I didn't consider Pluto a planet any more than I do this year. It is a rock - basic observation and common sense clearly show that it didn't follow the orderly progression of the pre-1930 line up of planets. Now that there are discoveries being made of other solar systems with multiple planets like ours, it is apparent that there is a certain process that is predictable as far as the distribution of planets according to characteristics.

Is there physical borders around countries??? A big barrier that says America or Asia???? Borders only exist in the minds of humans!!

We are talking of continents, not countries. Big difference. The main non-man-made boundaries around the seven continents is water! It is not something people have arbitrarily established - the continents are land masses and there are 7 of them.

If you want to attribute meaning to numbers then go ahead, I'm just telling you that your wrong on attributing 7 to the above.

Why is it so important to tell me I'm 'wrong?' Especially when I am not being inaccurate or even imaginative regarding the things I said - and I'm not speaking of subjective data but things that are established in various fields of science, etc.

I am not attributing meaning to anything - the meanings are there to be understood and applied toward greater and wider understandings. If it bothers you, then ignore it. But don't expect me to pursue justification of my statements with you to the point of argument; if it doesn't matter to you then why should what I think, and why I think it, matter to you, either?

I answered GT's question to the best of my understanding; I don't see why it is important to you to criticize same. If it isn't your understanding or your preferred way of viewing the world around you, then don't say anything at all about it unless it includes GT - it's like you want to argue based on your beliefs vs mine but want to make it out to be an issue of incorrect objective data.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I believe God controls the creative mathematics and Satan controls the destructive mathematics.

Okay, I have to ask once more, GT - do you think Satan is a part of God or separate? Because we had a conversation concerning that, remember? And I am just wondering if you've had things happen to alter or refine (somehow change) your understandings that you shared at that point in time.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   

but your talk of love inspires all with love in their souls!!

GT - that sort of kind and positive encouragement is worth far more than any old college degree or certificate! To give and promote love (to grow a garden of love and have it bloom?) is like having a student ID card that says 'I go to GOD U'

love you truly I do!

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Prismatic light refraction....that is what I am referring to.
It doesnt matter what your refering to as there are still more than 7 colours in a rainbow, simple as that.

No - last year I didn't consider Pluto a planet any more than I do this year. It is a rock - basic observation and common sense clearly show that it didn't follow the orderly progression of the pre-1930 line up of planets. Now that there are discoveries being made of other solar systems with multiple planets like ours, it is apparent that there is a certain process that is predictable as far as the distribution of planets according to characteristics.
So you never grew up thinking that there were 9 planets in our solar system? I think not!!!!!!!!

We are talking of continents, not countries. Big difference. The main non-man-made boundaries around the seven continents is water! It is not something people have arbitrarily established - the continents are land masses and there are 7 of them.
Countries, continents - whats the difference, there's still no big signs saying 'africa' or 'america' is there? And in case you hadn't noticed europe, asia and africa are very much connected.

Why is it so important to tell me I'm 'wrong?' Especially when I am not being inaccurate or even imaginative regarding the things I said - and I'm not speaking of subjective data but things that are established in various fields of science, etc.
I really dont care whether you think there is a significance to any numbers, I'm just pointing out the fallacies in your reasoning in the number 7.

I am not attributing meaning to anything - the meanings are there to be understood and applied toward greater and wider understandings. If it bothers you, then ignore it. But don't expect me to pursue justification of my statements with you to the point of argument; if it doesn't matter to you then why should what I think, and why I think it, matter to you, either?
The point I'm making is that you put your OPINIONS across as they are matter of fact when clearly they are not, It depends on how you view the universe around you, not as you perceive things as they should be to you.

I answered GT's question to the best of my understanding; I don't see why it is important to you to criticize same. If it isn't your understanding or your preferred way of viewing the world around you, then don't say anything at all about it unless it includes GT - it's like you want to argue based on your beliefs vs mine but want to make it out to be an issue of incorrect objective data.
And what I cant have an opinion because I disagree with your opinion or anyone else's for that matter?????? This is a debating forum - you've got your opinions and I've got mine, Im just showing that your 'opinions' can have different viewpoints. Take it or leave it!

G

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join