It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Mathematics from God or Satan?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I believe that God has already created all possible forms of mathematics, of which humans know only a few. Satan has no part in mathematics, except when it would be used against God's Will.

Which of the following would you choose regarding mathematics?

1) God created it, Satan did not, and it is used in the afterlife.
2) God created it, Satan created it, and it is used in the afterlife.
3) God created it, Satan did not, and it is not used in the afterlife.
4) God created it, Satan created it, and it is not used in the afterlife.
5) God did not create it, Satan did, and it is used in the afterlife.
6) God did not create it, Satan did, and it is not used in the afterlife.
7) God did not create it, Satan did not, and it is used in the afterlife.
8) God did not create it, Satan did not, and it is not used in the afterlife.

I believe #1. God taught me the mathematics field of combinatorics before I knew it existed (I only boast in God as He deserves full credit). Satan is only an influence in God-created mathematics when he tries to use what was already created in bad or evil ways.

Mathematics, properly used, can inspire all people of differing faiths, spiritualities, and theologies!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
My love, please tell me once again, who IS 'satan?'

About 'mathematics.' My understandings thereof, that is.

Human beings use numbers to quantify and measure and compare (which is essentially judgment of a sort, don't you think?)

God doesn't need to count anything - He doesn't count our foibles and errors against us - He doesn't limit us in any way - He lets us increase the population as much as we like (intentionally or not)....

And although I am convinced that physics is the underlying theorem of creation (both seen and unseen) and also understand that mathematics is a integral function for those who decipher creation according to that approach, I think that the mathematics are for us - in order to get to the essential truths of the structure of reality, but as far as being necessary to create said structure - I think numbers play a far different role on God's end of the architecture.

I think of numbers as 'vibrational energies' and essentially there are only 8 (1 - 9) and all combinations these can create do have their own vibrational signatures but are not originals like the first 8 are, but rather like structures built from the eight. Kind of like molecules are built from atoms, chords are built from individual musical tones, and colors are mixed in limitless hues based on the basic range of the color wheel (rainbow).

I find it to be a beautiful testimony to God's simple perfection (which expands eternally into never-ending variety) that there are 7 notes in the musical scale (or 13 if you go for the chromatic scale), 7 colors in the rainbow, 7 planets excluding our own, and even 7 continents. 7 is the highest prime number (out of our simple 8 singular digits) and so it represents 'divine perfection.'

But if we add just one more:
>the 'zero' (completeness in infinite inclusion) or the '10' (the fullness and crown of completeness which starts the cycle again as '1')
>our own planet Gaia to make '8'
>pure white (which is the combination of all 7 prismatic tones)
>the ending note which makes the scale into an octave
and so on...

then we have a new start from the end of the previous perfect cycle - and this is why the number 8 represents 'new life, regeneration, and resurrection!'

Perhaps it is the 'accuser' which has given mankind such a propensity to count and quantify with numbers - remember the episode with King David, when he took a census of Israel and even though God brought him to do so, through anger, God got angry because David did succumb to the temptation to number the people in the kingdom! David was beloved by God, to whom all things great and small belong without exception - and when God chose David to rule over Israel, then there was nothing David could not have for the asking! So why count? Greed? Ego? It is a very good thing to contemplate upon.

I do find something that is invaluable in the inherent nature of mathematics, though, that concerns God and the idea of whether or not there is such a thing as 'absolute truth,' and that is the fact that Math is the one field of academics/science/human understanding, that is always objective and not open to alterations as far as the final outcome of any given problem. Whether we can 'show our work' to demonstrate how we arrived at an answer to a math problem (right or wrong) - the answer is never going to be debatable! It is either correct or it is not. And what is not correct can not be made to conform to anyone's ideas to the contrary - REGARDLESS! The answers are always either correct or incorrect.

That, to me, is somehow evidence in favor of an absolute truth that binds all human souls just as the laws of mathematics hold much of our understanding of the world together in a way that can be counted on to be unchanging in our constantly morphing present moment, counted on and proven to be the same time and time again....in 6000B BC, 1 + 1 = 2 just like it did in 2000 AD!

God bless you, GT!

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Which of the following would you choose regarding mathematics?

None of the above.

Some guy with no time on his hand made up mathematics. It didn't come from god.

Science is the opposite of god.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Nothing is the 'opposite' of God.

God is THE scientist.

The don't contradict or conflict at all...

Science is how we begin to understand God's genius.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Nothing is the 'opposite' of God.

God is THE scientist.

The don't contradict or conflict at all...

Science is how we begin to understand God's genius.

How we begin to understand god's genius is rather pointless, considering all we have to do is follow the steps of true light and voila, the answeres are ready to be learned. Do we not all have enough on our hands to balance ourselves from Darkness' and True light, than to be seeking truth of a true creator... *sigh*

[edit on 17-11-2006 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

I find it to be a beautiful testimony to God's simple perfection (which expands eternally into never-ending variety) that there are 7 notes in the musical scale (or 13 if you go for the chromatic scale), 7 colors in the rainbow, 7 planets excluding our own, and even 7 continents. 7 is the highest prime number (out of our simple 8 singular digits) and so it represents 'divine perfection.'
Not to cause offence but there are only 3 basic colors, and what about the minor planets?, continents are a human invention. Using your method of reasoning you can basically find meaning in any number system. Why do people try to find meaning in numbers when they are just a method of quantification?

G

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
man made god, satan and mathematics.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Of course Jesus created mathematics at some point around 6 CE. It was a collaboration between him (I think he was 10 at the time) and Buddha. Before then people didn't count, or anything. It was about this time that he started speaking English.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I think most believers in G_d will all agree that He created ALL. However, because Satan or -more or less the spirit of the anti- is dwelling all over this earth right now, and is in near full bloom, I think he/it is using G_ds creation against man.

To simplify it, G_d is not the author of confusion Math is beautiful, I agree. But over used or misused can create chaos and that is exactly where Satan wants you and can get you. More 'man' intelligence creates a god like image or mind. Just like anything else, math should be learned(used) in moderation. But that is not the case today, hence the para above this one.

As for science, well that has gotten way out of hand (His hand) science goes above, around and beyond The Almighty Creator. Science has become the enemies greatest tool.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Math has always existed. It existed before man, and therefore, before "God". God did not create anything. God is the creation of man.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Math has always existed. It existed before man, and therefore, before "God". God did not create anything. God is the creation of man.

Reminds me of a certain passage in the Gospel of Philip which I've always been quite fond of:

From the Gospel of Philip

That is the way it is in the world - men make gods and worship their creation. It would be fitting for the gods to worship men!

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

[edit on 17/11/2006 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I quite wonder how you could say maths comes from satan, as if that were the case, then it would be evil. If that were the case we wouldn't be able to make good from it.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud
Not to cause offence but there are only 3 basic colors,

Well, if you are mixing tempura paint in the third grade, sure...but I'm talking about physics, the prism, the rainbow...

All things are light - when in waveform, frequencies cause the experience of our reality! Colors, music, etc.

On colors

and what about the minor planets?,

What minor planets?

The smallest one we have is closest to the sun: Mercury.

continents are a human invention.

Right. Who arranged them, then? Paul Bunyan and Babe?

Using your method of reasoning you can basically find meaning in any number system.

No - it isn't a method of interpreting first and then seeing; but rather it is logic and reasoning applied to observations and the ability to deduce, eliminate, and correlate all input in relation to the whole - it is organized collecting of what I observe all around me - if it isn't 7 then I don't make it 7! But if it is, then it gets put down on the 7 page and eventually it manifests itself as to how it fits into the WHOLE. I'm patient - been doing my 'science' for 38 years already and I know just a little bit! But what I know, I truly do know. What I don't, I wait for.

Why do people try to find meaning in numbers when they are just a method of quantification?

By the same token:

Why do people want to reduce the efficient metaphysical arrangement of the cosmos; that truly works perfectly like a swiss watch ad infinitum...
into a ledger book or a diary or a page of 'vital statistics' (now THAT is truly an oxymoron!)
with only red and black dead ink forced upon them like sackcloth and ashes - burdens and potential burdens that cause only worry and endless counting and recounting?

If that is all they are to you, then certainly they will/do rule you - and certainly they will be the death of you (once again). For you will count off the years until your mind says there are no more for you and then you will start over in your bonds.

But to others, like me, they are the keys to literal sublimation (which is the realization that becomes our beacon of light - it leads to liberation of mortality).

There is an order that sustains our reality and our very existence - the chaos is the illusion that comes from misunderstanding the continuum from microcosm to macrocosm to microcosm....etc... We put ourselves somewhere in the middle of the two and don't realize that it is a lifeline not a food chain (or ball and chain)!

Chaos is seen when our eyes recognize fear instead of love and when we envy and chew on 'what if' and 'if only' all the time; instead of letting go of our desires, regrets, and insecurities.

We must think about what we do have - not what we don't have. We must acknowledge our blessings but I really don't see any good coming from trying to count them, as the old saying goes. Just know them.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Somebody shoot me already !!

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarpStrings
Just like anything else, math should be learned(used) in moderation.

HarpStrings, well said. As God has taught us in the story of the Tower of Babel (Genesis 11:1-9) human arrogance, pride, selfishness, and greed are sins before His eyes. God teaches us to be modest, temperate, and moderate so that we have sufficient time to love and worship Him.

If the entire world always spoke mathematics only I imagine technology today would be like the technology that would exist in year 100,000. God has "confused" languages not because He does not want us to progress, but to progress slowly so that we truly enjoy and appreciate what He has given us.

Temperance is a Capital and Cardinal Virtue.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Could God exist without mathematics? I believe He has always existed and will always exist, with or without mathematics. If He did not use mathematics, this Universe, however, would take a much different shape: galaxies would be crashing into each other, planets would be crashing into each other...

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
since mathematics is part of science and since science always existed before we got knolege of it I would asume mathematics was there for us to colect it.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
since mathematics is part of science and since science always existed before we got knolege of it I would asume mathematics was there for us to colect it.

Who do we collect it from, God or Satan? Are certain nations "favored" in collecting it from God and other nations disfavored in collecting it from Satan?

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech

Who do we collect it from, God or Satan? Are certain nations "favored" in collecting it from God and other nations disfavored in collecting it from Satan?

Since science and logic was left by who ever created this universe for man to find it then it was created by god.
Mathematics ,logics are creative and can not be created by a negative factor.
Everything in the universe is creative and based on mathematical laws, on logic.

[edit on 17-11-2006 by pepsi78]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   

[
Since science and logic was left by who ever created this universe for man to find it then it was created by god.
Mathematics ,logics are creative and can not be created by a negative factor.
Everything in the universe is creative and based on mathematical laws, on logic.

[edit on 17-11-2006 by pepsi78]

Interesting comment. Unlike some, I believe mathematics is and can be extremely creative. However, it is sometimes used for extremely destructive purposes (nuclear weapons, chemical weapons...), the opposite of creative purposes. I believe God controls the creative mathematics and Satan controls the destructive mathematics.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join