It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Administration Continues Tradition of UFO Cover-ups

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   
According to this article Bush promised to release any information on UFO's if he came into power. Did he keep his promise? hhhmmm read on..

mediasyndicate.com

Obviously he found out the REAL truth and zipped it.

mod edit: shortened link

[edit on 16-11-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Can't believe no ones replied, this is important man!!, does nobody have a single thing to say on the subject?

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I recall GWB's if elected promise to open the vault on UFO(EBE) reality. I agree he zipped up. Even suggested when asked during a press conference or statement?, early in office -- ask him, I believe was the way it was said. Him meaning the guy beside him VP Cheney.

Since then nothing that I have seen or read from him or Cheney. My hunch is that area, the President himself may not have access to. Cheney may have had some on a need to know basis as Sec of Defence under President Bush - 1.

Dallas

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
If you think that Bush is going to spill the beans on the UFO Phenomenon; you're sadly mistaken. His Father has/is been part of the Cover up for crying out loud.. Not to mention the Bush's are in the oil business (figure it out). As far as Cheney's concerned: He was on a radio show, I forget wich.. and he got a question from a guy calling in that if he knew anything about the UFO subject. I don't remember the exact quote but i think that he said this: Well, if I knew anything about that, it would be Classified and I wouldn't be able to comment on it.

Why the hell would something be classified id it doesn't even exist? lolol

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
well i don't really expect him to release any info on the matter. if he does that people are going to want to take the next step and start make the push for an intergalatic comunity and economy(the smart people anyway). then the world's super powers would have to tare down thier war machine and work towrads a better life. and if they do that how will they keep control of us? yeah maybe carter and bush wanted to let everyone know (fat chance) but then thier bosses told them that it'd be better if they went ahead and just kept everyone in the dark so they still have thier trump card of and extraterestrial "threat" so they can try and stage another war on another people who don't want or need it. i think that the next thing we see from bush will be the imprisonment of all the democrats who are about to replace his administration.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Ya'll. That "news release" is a press release. A shameless plug for that guy's DVD movie.

It's crap.

And what the hell was Bush supposed to say, or any politician for that matter?

MAN: Excuse me, sir. If you're elected president, will you release all information on UFOs?

BUSH: No. And you're a freaky nut job. Get out of my way, I need to kiss more babies.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I certainly think he's going to keep quite about it or if asked create it into a joke (Little green men). Reagen I think was the only president to openly talk about the possible invasion from another race. And from another thread about us not being prepared for such an invasion and ANOTHER thread where a caller claims that the Government are looking after themselves us joe public are in fact in deep &*&^ if anything did happen. How stupid do they think we are? Do they think they can just smugly deny all and joke about it???

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by behindthescenes
Ya'll. That "news release" is a press release. A shameless plug for that guy's DVD movie.

It's crap.

And what the hell was Bush supposed to say, or any politician for that matter?

MAN: Excuse me, sir. If you're elected president, will you release all information on UFOs?

BUSH: No. And you're a freaky nut job. Get out of my way, I need to kiss more babies.

Doesn't matter what he was 'supposed' to say or not. He gave his word on a very serious matter and he didn't live up to it; Theres is no excuses. Simple as that.

[edit on 16-11-2006 by DigThat]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   

[ Doesn't matter what he was 'supposed' to say or not. He gave his word on a very serious matter and he didn't live up to it; Theres is no excuses. Simple as that.

I'm not sure Bush or any politican for that matter sees UFOs as "a very serious matter."

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Serious enough to be classified.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Obviously he found out the REAL truth and zipped it.

Obviously is a good word. All that needs to be said is the following:

"Mr. President, we have determined that UFOs are not natural phenomena or man made vehicles. Many who have studied the topic believe that they have an extraterrestrial origin. At this time we are continuing to gather as much information as we can. We just don't know where they come from and what their intentions are. Breaking such news to the general public could create a panic and cause much unrest. For this reason, we believe it is a matter of NATIONAL SECURITY that we keep this information classified until we know more."

What kind of president is going to go against this and defy the will of NSA? For what? To try and scare the public and probably humiliate himself by bringing to the forefront such a fringe topic? The president has more important things to do like interacting with other countries, large businesses, and other public officials. I'm assuming that everyone agrees this is a HUGE task in itself.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Scare the public? Most people already believe that aliens have visited here already. That's what the polls say atleast? This is a matter of democracy and technology, not so much if theres little green men or not.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I recall the Reagan United Nation Speech, if that's what your referring to October. Though he did mention about becoming united if an outside force from another galaxy were to threaten the earth.

After a bit of searching I found the speech President Reagan made to the United Nations in 1987. The paragraph regarding an alien threat is near the bottom.

www.reagan.utexas.edu...

Dallas

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Yeah I was thinking of that speech actually and heard it before. You know I would be happy if they could answer one question, doesn't have to be specific "Is it true or false that there may be some substance to these UFO sightings that the government has knowledge about" That's it.. If he said yes I don't think the planet would suddenly freak out. We know from the continued exploration of other planets that it's possible that somewhere there will be a similair planet like ous harbouring life. The majority of people on this planet are completely open to this so it's hardly going to cause mass hysteria. Finding microscopic life on Mars if we ever do isn't going to crumble religion, it's just going to reinforce peoples belief that there is something out there whether it be spiritual form etc etc. Just speak it, we have a right to know of anything. Bear in mind that they haven't said there ISN'T any truth to there being UFO's on earth...

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
They do know about UFO's but as usual are keeping the people dumb. NASA is their biggest leak..

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Scare the public? Most people already believe that aliens have visited here already. That's what the polls say atleast? This is a matter of democracy and technology, not so much if theres little green men or not.

Yes exactly. Look what happened after 911. If you look up statistics you'll find that even AFTER 911 your chances of dying in a terrorist attack on US soil are nearly zero. The odds of dying in a terrorist attack while traveling abroad are greater but still very very small: 1 in 650,000 Yet following 911 there was a lot of concern and fear about terrorist attacks. People did not want to fly and it caused alot of airline companies and travel agencies to file for bankruptcy. Despite the fact that there was no evidence of an Iraqi role in 911 we invaded Iraq. You want to know why? Because if you choose to believe it or not the psychology of the human mind works like this: 911>>terrorists>>muslims/arabs>>Saddam

The point is that people can talk all they want, but when the pudding hits the fan their emotions and psychology take hold. Generally speaking, people aren't prepared for incidents like 911/Katrina/whatever and they certainly aren't prepared for any bad news concerning aliens.

How would people feel if you suddenly learned that your not the top of the food chain? How would you feel if you found out aliens require your dna and randomly abduct people to extract dna molecules. It's no different than humans capturing and killing animals and using them for food. It's just nature's way. What if the gov't came clean and told us the bad news and that because of their technology there is nothing they can do to protect us? Do you really think people would be ok with this? Not to mention the effect it would have on many of the world's mainstream religions. We are talking about an entire cultural shift.

The average American cares more about the Super Bowl than about life elsewhere in the Universe.

link

No one in power would volunteer such information and although I PERSONALLY may want to know the truth and feel myself capable of handling it, I can totally understand why the NSA or any gov't entitiy would feel such news would be incredibly bad for society. I think that when the general population shows more interest in life elsewhere in the Universe, and less of an interest in the Super Bowl you'll see defense officials cough up the goodies. But we all know that's not going to happen in our lifetime or probably many lifetimes to come...... so if you want the truth to come out you best pray for a mass ufo sighting which cannot be covered up.

[edit on 16-11-2006 by Scramjet76]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I have been aware of this in a long time, there has always been a coverup. It's tragic to the human race. it's only up to individuals to find the truth.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I don't think any politician will come out with the truth about anything,much less about UFOs... What, and dismiss their denial of UFO existence? How long did the government deny the existence of Area 51? For decades!! They only admitted its existence when satellite and ground picture of the site were provided!! Don't expect our government to readily reveal anything.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Every Prez from Truman forward, Rep & Dem alike have promised to get to the bottom of this - and then were either told to shut up and/or themselves hidden from the truth.

Ain't gonna happen. Esp. not from the Bush's, incl oil baron ex-CIA Sr., who is still calling the shots, BTW.

Prez's tell us only what they've been 'cleared to say'. And this topic remains taboo at that level...

Don't hold your breath waiting for any revelations coming from the white noise house.

new topics

top topics

join