It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

chat is BACK! Thanks to SO!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I am alone in the chat room but it is SO GOOD to know its back......so far so good!!

Come and check out the newly formatted ATS chatroom!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I kinda miss old chat

my precious oranj text!!

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Note quite. SO's still working on the code.

He's so good.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Seems to be up and working for me, dg.

Although it took 3 tries.

Interesting new look.

Thanks, SO.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Chat works.

You'll need to click on "connect" (which is one of the icons) in order to get into the chatroom.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Yay! Chat is back!

Yes, it's new. It has a new look and it's a bit different than the old chat but it's back and it's wonderful to talk with old friends again.

I have only one complaint aside from not having avatars (I miss my "lucky black bat avatar"). It would seem that there is a limit as to how long a user name can be. When I go on chat my name, 'benevolent tyrant' , is too long. It is shortened and it appears as benevolent tyra!

As some members of chat might remember, I have gone into extensive rants in the past because I am often mistaken for Benevolent Heretic. Now BH is a wonderful member of ATS and certainly a great person as well but, nevertheless, it is irritating at times to be confused with BH. I don't know how many times people have referred to me as BH instead of bt. But now it's worse.....I'm being called trya! TYRA!

Isn't there anything we can do to increase the length of names allowed in chat.....?

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I wasn't spamming in there folks, I was typing and nothing was coming up - I will try again later.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I am so glad that we have a Communion place to get together again. Now, ya'll get ya'lls butts over there please. Thanks to the SkepticOverlord!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
yeh id chat if i ever got enough numbers or posts to do so, until then i guess you will be alone in the chatroom for a long time before i can, maybe next year ,at the rate i get.

[edit on 16-11-2006 by littlebird]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I hope nobody is AFRAID OF PICKL:ES!!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I believe they are lowering the required post count to be allowed in chat............so it not going to be THAT HARD to get your chatroom key anymore.

Keep posting Littlebird and I will see you in chat soon enough!

I am WAY to affraid of pickles to look at that link you have there Lys................

[edit on 17-11-2006 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
But now it's worse.....I'm being called trya! TYRA!

Wait, so you're not Tyra Banks?!?!?!

I'm kidding, but that's sort of funy benevolent Tyra.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
But now it's worse.....I'm being called trya! TYRA!

Wait, so you're not Tyra Banks?!?!?!

I'm kidding, but that's sort of funy benevolent Tyra.

'sigh'

and so it begins .... 'sigh'

all of this could be avoided simply by SO taking an extra couple of hours out of his already hectic day to change the code in the chat program so that I might be able to have my ENTIRE name appear on the new chat. Aside from using run-on sentences with inadequate and improper punctuation, I have no way to protest this 'deliberate' assault upon those who just happen to have long user-names. I find that I am at the mercy of SO's own benevolence and the whims of this grand conspiracy to "mess" with my alter ego and to drive me batty.

Oh well, at least chat is back!

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
This is awesome! Chat is back!
! I cant wait until more people come on the chat. The chat is always better with more people. Aside from the amount of misspellings and mispronunciation in words that get out on the chat it's fine besides that! I also like the new look on it!

I like the new chat a lot! for some reason, I like the chat because it's really easy to use, but I still miss the old chat. Oh well. the new time out system is weird though. Can someone explain that to me?

Dae

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Xajax debug output
Fri, 17 Nov 2006 17:15:45 GMT+0000: Request Object Instantiation failed.

Got that error on a pop-up page when I hit enter to type 'ello?'

Im using opera and Ill try it in IE now.

Yeah, works in IE but not Opera

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

It is not working for me.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.8) Gecko/20061025 Firefox/1.5.0.8

ISP: cox.net

Ok, works in Explorer, just not firefox. I can live with that. Will there ever be a fix to work it in Firefox? Just curious.

[edit on 11/17/06 by niteboy82]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
ill have a go at chat as soon as ive got enough points
just gota find some more interesting threads.................................

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

Ok, works in Explorer, just not firefox. I can live with that. Will there ever be a fix to work it in Firefox? Just curious.

I use Firefox 1.5.0.8 and it works for me...

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   
just a thought - but given that Microshafts " internut exploder " is such a bug ridden POS with all the security of a sieve , and other browswers plug the leaks , is it possible that its a security block thats stopping mozillia / opera etal working ?

most people using opea . firefox etc - do so to get the security and stability that IE cannot offer , and thus have the user definable security settings tweaked to thier satisfaction

it works for me on IE , on my desk top - but i have just tried it on my laptop [ firefox ] and no dice - so the only thing that has changed is browser as i am on the same hub with internal firewall , same ISP etc ]

and i know that all the security settings on my laptop are far tighter than my desktop machine - as i do not use it for " surfing for fun " - so it is set to reject EVERYTHING remotely security vulnerable . unless i give it express permission .

just my thoughts , i am a button pushing monkie - not a computer expert - so i may be wrong

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I haven't had many problems with the new chat and I like it better overall. People on slower connections seem to time out fairly often. But, on a Mac, it works in Firefox fine for me. (I use it in Camino regularly.)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join