It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corrupt Democrats, already!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roper
blogs.abcnews.com...

As convicted lobbyist Jack Abramoff reported to federal prison today, a source close to the investigation surrounding his activities told ABC News that Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.) was one of the members of Congress Abramoff had allegedly implicated in his cooperation with federal prosecutors.

Sources close to the federal investigation say Abramoff has offered testimony about his contacts with "six to eight seriously corrupt Democratic senators" and an ever larger number of Republican members of Congress.

Are you actually getting hot and bothered over corruption?

Time will tell if your yarn proves true. I doubt it will. But we'll see.

Its sad that you would be gleeful about corruption happening because you're so ridiculously partisan.

You know what Republican? Democrats are not your enemy.

They're your fellow Americans. They just happen to see things not the way you do.

In a Democracy, we learn to live together and to work things out peacefully.

Hopefully, anyway...

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

blogs.abcnews.com...

You know what Republican? Democrats are not your enemy.

ROTFLMAO! I'm not a Republican! I am also quite qualified to rebuke Democrats.

BTW ECK haven't you criticized the Republicans???? I don't believe I have ever read where you have said " those Rep's. are my fellow Americans and I give them a break". I'm talking corruption, elitist attitude that comes out of D.C. .

Roper

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   

BTW ECK haven't you criticized the Republicans???? I don't believe I have ever read where you have said " those Rep's. are my fellow Americans and I give them a break". I'm talking corruption, elitist attitude that comes out of D.C. .

Roper

Oh yes, I've criticized Republicans as much as I used to crticize the Dems.

How bout Cheney's attitude? He thinks he's literally above thelaws. So did Tom DeLay. So does Alberto "the Geneva Conventions are quaint" Gonzales.

It just kills me. The rule of law does not apply....

Unless you're scapegoat Scooter Libby. Or Heckuva Job Brownie.

:shk:

I can't believe how bad things are with our government. And I can't believe we're not out in the streets demanding things change. Its sad.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Roper

Oh yes, I've criticized Republicans as much as I used to crticize the Dems.

Best keep on criticizing the Dem's They have had a very long time in power and have gotten the "art of corruption" down pat.

You did see my post on that congresscritter form New Orleans? Talk about cold hard cash. ROTFLMAO But the Dem's in D.C. won't make him quit will they?

Now when the Rep's get caught dirty, they make'em quit.

Roper

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
www.breitbart.tv...

Senators Boxer and Clinton want to do something about free speech.

Of coarse they deny it. blogs.abcnews.com...

Here is a Rep., shows where he is, huh!

Even Sen. Trent Lott, R-Miss., has complained about talk radio as of late, saying last week "Talk radio is running America. We have to deal with that problem" and “I'm sure senators on both sides of the aisle are being pounded by these talk-radio people who don't even know what's in the bill."

Roper ( more to come)

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Now certain people on this board would have been "raisin' hell" about this if it were a Republican. Their silence is deafening .

So, I give you the Democrat J. Murtha.
Roper

thehill.com...

Rep. John Murtha (D-Pa.), chairman of the House Appropriations defense panel, has secured the most earmarked dollars in the 2008 military spending bill, followed closely by the panel’s ranking member Rep. Bill Young (R-Fla.).

Even though Young secured 52 earmarks, worth $117.2 million — and co-sponsored at least $27 million worth of others — Murtha’s 48 earmarks amount to a total of $150.5 million, according to a database compiled by the watchdog organization Taxpayers for Common Sense (TCS).

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The whole earmarking thing just makes them into little mini barons in my opinion. A pox on both parties.

Just once I would like to see an earmark not named the Rep. Blah blah Highway. When will someone stand up and say enough, no more earmarks allowed. I sure we could get the public to pass an Amendment to it, that would scare the bejebus our of our representatives in the Senate and House.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The worst thing they've done so far was rigging the House voting tallies to defeat an amendment that would keep illegal aliens from getting food stamps.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The worst thing they've done so far was rigging the House voting tallies to defeat an amendment that would keep illegal aliens from getting food stamps.

I really didn't get all of that story. Was it rigged or was it just plain'ol stupid bureaucratic stumble blunder?

Roper

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Eight million dollars!!! One hell of a gym!
If the Republicans were so bad, why didn't they spend this on themselves? Only the elitist Democrats would do this, at your expense.

thehill.com...

Abercrombie is touting his efforts to secure funding in the legislative branch spending bill to begin an estimated $8 million renovation of the House gym. The project is personally important to Abercrombie, who sets a yearly goal to bench-press 200 pounds more than his age, now 69.

Roper

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
www.latimes.com...

WASHINGTON -- Money has brought both trappings and trouble for Norman Hsu. Major contributions to the campaigns of Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton and other candidates have made the apparel executive an insider in elite political circles. He shows up in cozy pictures with politicians, at lavish fundraising events, and on the boards of prestigious organizations.

But Hsu's history includes more unsavory episodes and associations. In 1990, he allegedly was kidnapped by Chinese gang members in San Francisco as part of an apparent effort to collect a debt. A year and a half later, he pleaded no contest to a charge of fleecing investors in what authorities called a Ponzi scheme of fraud. Along the way, he left a bankruptcy filing and bitter investors who accused him of making off with their savings.

Hsu is now at the center of a political scandal, with Sen. Clinton (D-N.Y.) and others rushing to return his contributions and sever embarrassing ties to a man still wanted on an outstanding warrant for the fraud case in California. Hsu could turn himself in as early as today in San Mateo County, where a hearing on the matter has been scheduled.

Ya'll can read the rest. BUT I think this is the Chinese political machine working their magic.

Roper

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I'm just bringing this stuff up so ya'll can see it's not just the Republicans.

Lets face it people, the democrats have had 60 + years to make corruption an art.

Roper

Democratic state Assemblymen Mims Hackett Jr. and Alfred E. Steele were arrested, as was Passaic Mayor Samuel Rivera. Also arrested were Keith Reid, the chief of staff to Newark's City Council president; Passaic councilmen Jonathan Soto and Marcellus Jackson; two current Pleasantville school board members, three former board members and a private citizen. One of the former school board members is now a Pleasantville city councilman.

apnews.myway.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   
www.nypost.com...

September 29, 2007 -- Call it Hillary's baby boom.

On the campaign trail yesterday, Sen. Clinton dropped a bombshell chicken-in-every-pot proposal to give each American newborn a $5,000 "baby bond" - a scheme that could cost taxpayers $20 billion annually.

Don't ya see? These Democrats will say anything to get elected!

How many of you are buying into this????

And it was the second time in a month Clinton has proposed a Europe-style social spending program. She unveiled a $110 billion-a-year, government-funded plan on Sept. 17 that would provide health care for 47 million uninsured people.

Roper

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I had to post this!

I don't know how many times I have read on here that the Republican's are for the rich and only the rich. You whiners are wrong!

www.washingtontimes.com.../20071123/NATION/111230087/1002

In a state-by-state, district-by-district comparison of wealth concentrations based on Internal Revenue Service income data, Michael Franc, vice president of government relations at the Heritage Foundation, found that the majority of the nation's wealthiest congressional jurisdictions were represented by Democrats.

Roper

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Who'd have thunk'it.
I'll bet the Demorats are scramblin'.

Or winning. Welcome to the end of 2007, 2006 poster.

Oh, oh, oh, let me vote for Gouliany now since he's not a corrupt gangster that paved NY streets with 9/11 body parts. Sheesh.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Who'd have thunk'it.
I'll bet the Democrats are scrambling'.

Or winning. Welcome to the end of 2007, 2006 poster.

Oh, oh, oh, let me vote for Gouliany now since he's not a corrupt gangster that paved NY streets with 9/11 body parts. Sheesh.

What's a matter Rant, hurt your feelings????

All I'm doing is pointing out all of the corruption coming form the Dem's and wondering why all of you that have been bashing Bush and the Rep's for corruption ain't bashing the Dem's. Poli-tricks as usual.

I can't vote for Giuliani.

Roper

P.S. This is just an ongoing thread on corruption and I can do that.

Have a nice day.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   

What's a matter Rant, hurt your feelings????

Hardly. Dems are filthy. About half as much as Corporate Republicans that take 10 grand from WalMart, but filthy still.

So who do you want running the country? Some guy that takes 100 bucks from someone that wants to pave our roads or someone that takes $10,000 from a PAC that wants all our jobs in China?

[edit on 27-11-2007 by intrepid]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join