It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giuliani To Run For President?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Uggggggh.........please no! Talk about a freakin' parrot. McCain will stomp him anyways.

Even if Giuliani gets the nomination he'll get stomped by either Clinton or Biden.

Peace

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Won't happen.

He supports gun control, embryonic stem-cell research and abortion rights.

Are we sure he's a Republican? He is tough on crime though. Not sure about the gay rights thing, seems to me he was for it.

IF by some minor miracle it was to happen, THEN Kerik can finally be Homeland Security Secretary. Secretary Kerik... eii, yii yii.

You know that before that last nomination Bernie was responsible for training Iraqi Security forces in the beginning. And we know how well that's working out.

Seriously, what's JEB doing after January?

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I think he may well end up being the Rpublican candidate for
president, simply because he's one of the few Republicans
that I think people will trust to be the President, and really
the only (known) Republican that Democrats will vote for.

That and he would definately get the moderates and
Independatn votes.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Crime Reduction

In his first term as mayor, Giuliani, in conjunction with New York City Police Department Commissioner Bill Bratton, adopted an aggressive enforcement-deterrent strategy...

The amount of credit Giuliani's policies deserve for the drop in the crime rate is disputed. A small but significant nationwide drop in crime preceded Giuliani's election, and he may have been the beneficiary of a trend already in progress. Additional contributing factors to the overall decline in crime during the 1990's was federal funding of an additional 7,000 police officers and an overall improvement in the national economy.

Giuliani dismissed Bratton after polls indicated that 60 percent of New Yorkers credited Bratton with the drop in crime and 18 percent credited the mayor.

So, Bratton helps him set up this awesome crime deterrant technology but, when little Rudy doesn't get 'the credit,' he fires him. If that's how Giuliani 'plays with others,' how could we expect him to work with the Dems? Poorly.

Police Brutality

Giuliani continued to highlight crime reduction and law enforcement as central missions of his mayoralty throughout both terms, efforts which largely met with success. Concurrent with his achievements, a number of tragic cases of abuse of authority took place, and numerous allegations of civil rights abuses were leveled.

More controversial still were several police shootings of unarmed suspects[11], and the scandals surrounding the brutalization of Abner Louima and the killing of Amadou Diallo.

In a case less nationally-publicized than those of Louima and Diallo, unarmed bar patron Patrick Dorismond was killed shortly after declining the overtures of what turned out to be an undercover officer soliciting illegal drugs. Even while hundreds of outraged New Yorkers protested, Giuliani staunchly supported the New York City Police Department, going so far as to take the unprecedented step of releasing Dorismond's "extensive criminal record" to the public.

Both quotes are from Giuliani at wiki]

I would never vote for this man. I wouldn't pee on him if he were on fire.

Of course, if you agree with murdering unarmed men, demonizing their memories, and you'd like to see that principle at work in the WH, Giuliani might be the presidential candidate for you!

edit to fix link

[edit on 14-11-2006 by HarlemHottie]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join