It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giuliani To Run For President?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Former Mayor of New York during 9/11, former U.S Attorney, Rudolph Giuliani has now filed papers for the "Rudolph Giuliani Presidential Exploratory Committee, Inc., which will allow him to explore if it is worth while for him to run for President. He supports gun control, embryonic stem-cell research and abortion rights. In October, he was tied with Condoleezza Rice and McCain among Republicans as the person they would most like to see run for president.

raw story.com
WASHINGTON -- Former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani, a moderate Republican best known for his stewardship of the city after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, has taken the first step in a 2008 presidential bid.

The former mayor filed papers to create the Rudy Giuliani Presidential Exploratory Committee, Inc., establishing a New York-based panel that would allow him to raise money to explore a White House run and travel the country.

The four-page filing, obtained by The Associated Press, lists the purpose of the non-profit corporation "to conduct federal 'testing the waters' activity under the Federal Election Campaign Act for Rudy Giuliani."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I can see Giuliani going a long way in the Republicans choice for a presidential candidate!

The fact that he wasn't in any political position to vote for or against actions approved by Congress or the Senate is a big plus on his side, I would believe. He can't be blamed for current "political situations" and problems that the current administration and politicians in the House and Senate have voted on, passed, or let happen.

He was "America's Mayor" after 9/11 and Time Magazine's "Person of the Year" in 2001. People still remember him and respect him. I think he probably has a good chance to be the Republican Parties bid for president in 2008.

[edit on 13/11/06 by Keyhole]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I don't think this will be a big surprise to anyone.
Even though it's an exploratory commitee, and he may not
actually run, I'm thinking that the majority of people are
correct in thinking he will.

If it comes down to him or Hillary, well it'll be a tight vote
for me personally, I'll end up basing my decision on what
issues are important to me at the time, and which one I
agree with.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
he supports gun control...that to me is a BIG negative. One main reason he wouldn't receive my vote if it were only him and a democrat. I wouldn't vote if it were him and a democrat. So yea, maybe a bunch of people like him, but I personally hope he doesn't run.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
he supports gun control...that to me is a BIG negative. One main reason he wouldn't receive my vote if it were only him and a democrat. I wouldn't vote if it were him and a democrat. So yea, maybe a bunch of people like him, but I personally hope he doesn't run.

That's a good point that I forgot about, if it came down to him
or a Democrat, I'd have to think which one was less srrict in
gun control, saying they both supported it.

When it comes down to two individuals who you dislike, you
just have to push on and vote for the lesser of two evils,
not voting is a bad thing.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
That's a good point that I forgot about, if it came down to him
or a Democrat, I'd have to think which one was less srrict in
gun control, saying they both supported it.

When it comes down to two individuals who you dislike, you
just have to push on and vote for the lesser of two evils,
not voting is a bad thing.

nope, I refuse to choose the lesser of two evils. If its MY vote, I am not putting down some one I would only vote for because the other guy is worse. Ill vote a no name independent before I EVER vote the lesser of two evils. Ill vote myself before I vote the lesser of two evils.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I don't think Rudy Giuliani could stand the personal scrutiniy that a run for the WH would entail. Rudy went thru a very nasty divorce a few years back and he may have a few very ugly skeletons in his closet.

However he is a good man and would make a fine president. But he is much to human to ever be elected.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Ok, I was thinking you were saying you just would'nt vote at all.

Of course you should vote for whichever candidate you like,
and if there is no candidate you like at all, than yeah there
would'nt be a point in voting, but I'm thinking that there will be
more than just Republicans and Democrats, so there should be
more than just those options.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797

nope, I refuse to choose the lesser of two evils. If its MY vote, I am not putting down some one I would only vote for because the other guy is worse. Ill vote a no name independent before I EVER vote the lesser of two evils. Ill vote myself before I vote the lesser of two evils.

With my psychic forum reading powers, I can assume you are very passionate about your vote and that the democratic/republican parties are absolutely corrupt

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I hate to rain on the Rudy parade because I do like the guy personally, but someone mentioned skeletons in the closet...

Well, this guy has way too many.

Forget about the womanizing, it won't even get that far.

I got two words for ya: Bernie Kerik

This is a presidential campaign. Opposition researchers will be paid very well to unearth damaging info on Rudy and Bernie Kerik is about as damaging as you can get.

(for those wondering, bernie was the police commissioner on 9/11, hailed as a hero, who's political life was destroyed when he was mentioned as a possible nominee for the homeland security post. I can't even type the amount of laws this guy broke without breaking both of my wrists but if you do a google search it should help).

Not good for Rudy...

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I don't think Rudy Giuliani could stand the personal scrutiniy that a run for the WH would entail. Rudy went thru a very nasty divorce a few years back and he may have a few very ugly skeletons in his closet.

However he is a good man and would make a fine president. But he is much to human to ever be elected.

Not only that but also the questionable happenings when his wife involvement with Waste Management Inc. and there was a whole row over Private sanitation.
I believe you are right to assume the skeletons being in the closet. It was also very strange how he pushed out the Italian mob embedded in the Seafood Market in Manhattan,Mob dealings in Brooklyn and Queens only to have the Russian Mob take its place immediately following with an even larger presence. Before 9-11 he wasn't all that much popular. The only thing that reconstituted him was his actions during 9-11 which without the Police, Fire and Rescue people he would be nothing.It was their bravery that should have taken front and center.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
He wouldn't be a good president.

And gun control. Country's like the states try and control the guns and all the innocent bystanders will turn in there guns but the dangerous guys will still ahve it and will still be dangerous. Its hard to control guns in a country when it is already very easy to get ahold of one.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Giuliani is not a good national candidate, for several reasons, the most scandalous of which was his affair with Judith Nathan.

It was widely covered in the NY tabloids, but I can barely find anything about it now. Apparently, he and then-wife, Donna Hanover, were having troubles. At the same time, photos kept popping up of him and another woman, Judith Nathan, who he called 'a close friend.'

Come to find out, Nathan was actually visiting Gracie Mansion and, perhaps, staying overnight. We know this because Hanover filed a suit asking that Nathan be banned from their residence. As if that weren't bad enough, Giuliani then attempted to use his position to get the judge not to rule

Giuliani to Ask for Stay in Ruling on His Friend

Basically, he was married, and mayor, living in a public building, with his mistress and his wife and his two children.

Not exactly one of the Moral Majority... or maybe he fits right in.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Practically every politician has skeletons in their closet, and that is one of the main reasons why many competent people refuse to run for office. But then again, some do a better job than others of covering up their skeletons; witness the Clintons, for example.

With NY being a blue state, it would be interesting how the vote would split in a Hillary-Rudy runoff.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Practically every politician has skeletons in their closet, and that is one of the main reasons why many competent people refuse to run for office. But then again, some do a better job than others of covering up their skeletons; witness the Clintons, for example.

With NY being a blue state, it would be interesting how the vote would split in a Hillary-Rudy runoff.

yes well unfortunately this country is being dumbed down so that its a popularity contest rather then a political one...welcome to america my friends.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Guiliani has formed his exploratory committee. EXCELLENT!!
I agree with him on many things - and disagree on only a few.

He is in favor of stronger gun control - I am not.
He is pro-choice. I am pro-life.

I agree with him about gay rights.
I agree with his view of the Beast on the East River (the U.N.).
I agree with him when it comes to defense of our country.

I am not happy with what his personal life was, but that hasn't effected his ability to run the country. He can run this country better than the rest of the republican politicians IMHO. I think his personal life has calmed down enough that he would be mostly respectable in the White House. Certainly he couldn't have a worse personal life than Clinton. Clinton disrespected the White House and the position of POTUS while he was president. I think Guiliani has already gotten all his wildness out of his system.

[edit on 11/14/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
if someone would be a good president and leader, I don't think myself or most others out there cared if he floozed around with every intern, animal, vegetable or mineral in sight. Too many people are led to believe that you have to be a boyscout and practically lived like a monk to be a great leader.

Frankly, I'd rather have someone who has had it rough, hasn't been a shining example of purity all his life, and maybe got a little dirty getting the job done, and still managed to pick themself up, get the job done and got it done right and silenced their detractors through their actions, not through trying to smear them into oblivion so people take them as a joke.

We need someone who knows what hard times are, and not someone who thinks a tough decision is wether to have beef or chicken for dinner.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I like Guilianni personally, and would love to see him run. I dont agree with him on Gun Control, but hes definately more politically centered like I am myself. I think there are more people in this country who are politically middle of the road than are staight Dems or Reps. A Liberman/Guilianni ticket is one that I would vote for, but sadly it wont ever happen. I just wish that when you register to vote you could register as a conservative/liberal Democrat or Republican because I dont think anyone really holds all the same values as Democrats or Republicans completely, most have many mixed beliefs politically. But I for one would vote for Guilianni in 08.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I don't see the Republicans voting for a gun-grabbing, pro-abortion, pro-amnesty, pro-gay candidate. Maybe the real plan is for him to run as a shill and then he'll throw the race due to a bout of reocurring crotch rot.

Conservative Case Against Rudy Giuliani Human Events

[edit on 14-11-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It will be a tough road for Rudy. Except for the New York area I can't see him connecting across the country with people. Furthermore, except for his question activities on 911 I'm not even sure he was as good a NYC mayor as the media leads people to believe he was. Some people believe this guy is secret society all the way.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Even though he's republican, I still think he'd make a good US President. He made the NY crime rates drop dramatically, and did is job well through the 9/11 attacks.

He's got my vote.

*edit - typo

[edit on 14-11-2006 by TheDesigner]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join