It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silent Hill's ending?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I just watched Silent Hill last night and I was confused by the ending. What is it suppose to mean? Does anyone know? So they're just trapped in an alternate but similiar reality? That's dumb. I would shoot myself. Because they're going to die of starvation anyway. How do they get out? Someone answer!

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
*SPOILERS*

when they crashed alessa dragged them into a alternate reality where she had trapped the inhabitants of silent hill since they tried to burn her alive, because she needed rose to get into the church where they all hid and unfortunatly they're buggered because theres no way of returning from that reality unless alessa is kind enough to do it

and shes evil so thats not happening any time soon

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Rose should have made a deal with her. But she was dumb. I first thought that the only way out was when the darkness came. I thought that when the darkness came you could get out but you have to fight through the monsters.

Also what was the pyramid heads purpose??? What the?

And what is with the secret messages? In the beginning there is a cross across from where Sharon was about to jump off the cliff. There was other tthings too.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I thought the mother and her little girl had actually died. In the alternate reality they were dead.

When they went home (you know where the husband could'nt see them) I figured they were ghosts.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by elaine
I thought the mother and her little girl had actually died. In the alternate reality they were dead.

When they went home (you know where the husband could'nt see them) I figured they were ghosts.

+1 i also thought the same thing.
that they had died and were caught in the afterlife.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I wonder if the video game is any good. Or I wonder what happens at the end of the game? How can they have 4 Silent Hills if they could just tell the people in the church the truth? And what was the point of saving her daughter!!!! Just so she could fricken live in that lonely alternate reality forever?/

I would shoot myself. Cause at least then I could have a new life you know. I don't think the are in the afterlife I think it is an alternate reality because if they were ghosts, how come they could not see my friend Sean? Makes no sense! If they were ghosts they could see him.

I also expected more violence because on the commerical it shows Rose with an auto pistol
! I am serious! It did! False advertising!!

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Yeah I too watched it recently was very good, I too am confused, Is there going to be a sequel?

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I just watched this film and i'm pretty impressed, it's the real stuff of nightmares.

My take on the ending is that they have somehow allowed that power to spread (the road appeared were it wasn't before) and I also (could be wrong) think that the little girl at the end was the evil one(you see aclose up of her face and she gives a strange smirk when they get home). I'm assuming there will be a sequal, maybe a new caracter falls into that reality somehow and gets caught up in all the mess but eventually everything will be set right.
Although the people were evil (burning people and stuff) the little girl is just as evil and she might want to take on the world..

Originally posted by Human Defense
Also what was the pyramid heads purpose??? What the?

Alessa wanted revenge and he was her "soul reaper" of sorts (I beleive).

Can anyone say how close this is to the original game???
I played a 15 min demo of it years ago (was quite good and resembled resident evil, but I never bought it).

Definatly a better job at making it a film over res evil.

Anyway thats my oppinians of this very messed up, mind F**K of a film.
I give it 8/10...

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   
The movie ended the way it did because Allessa's good spirit combined with her bad.

The movie began with them entering Sillent Hill and encountering the first stage of the nightmare world (with the second stage being Allessa's dream, where everything goes dark). This nightmare world was created through Allessa's evil side taking over her body. It would create physical manefestations of the tortures and abuse she experienced as a child. All the nightmare creatures were representations of people Allessa knew in her life. The char babies in the basement (the first monster the movie introduces), represent the children who died in the ophanage and town's fire.

The pyramid head, which is also in the games, represents man's (man as in male) lust for greed, power, and sex. In the games, the pyramid heads either carry a large sword or spears, and are impossible to kill. They chase the player through out the entire game, killing any humans or enemies it encounters. There are times in the game where its perverse nature shows itself. One instance show it grabbing a monster and raping it to death. The pyramid on its head represents the male genitalia. In the game, the only way to "kill" these pyramid heads is to run around until you encounter another. When the two pyramid heads meet, they kill each other, thereby representing man's lust for power.

The janitor creature in the bathroom stalls was not in any game, but the black blood that followed him around was. In the SH3 game, when the player stays in a mirrored room for long enough, the walls start bleeding, and then the blood starts to eat away at the player's health when they touch it.

The reason why the town's people still existed in the nightmare world was because they had died already in the fire, but their souls did not believe it. They were not willing to acknowledge that they died by their own hands, so their souls continued to exist in Allessa's world.

In the end of the movie, the mom brings Allessa's evil spirit in with her, letting it get revenge. After the revenge, you see Allessa's evil spirit walking to the mother and Allessa's good spirit (She is the daughter that came in with the mom in the SUV. She was really Allessa's good spirit, and without her being present in Allessa, the nightmare world was created). When the spirit walks towards the mother, the screen goes black. This represents a balance in between the spirit worlds. When the evil spirit meets the good spirit, they combine, creating a new world, which is in a constant state of purgatory.

The movie was not based on any games, but did contain a lot of elements from the games. In the game SH (part one), it's a male character who loses his daughter in Sillent Hill, and goes looking for her. In SH2 and SH3, it's a female character in Sillent Hill as the protagonist, and in SH4, it's a male who investigates Sillent Hill. All of these games are as terrifying as any movie I've seen, so I would recomend them, if you love to be completely scared out of your mind.

In the movie, you might notice a few things. For one, all the protagonists and antagonists are female roles. The creator of the movie wanted to show the both the power and influence of the female gender. The protagonsits were the mother, the police officer, and Allessa's good half; with the antagonist being the Allessa's true mom, the church leader, and Allessa's bad half.

Also, in the movie, you will see Allessa's cursed mom making the horned hand sign and pointing it towards the redhead. In witchcraft, this is used to guide the spell to the person it's being pointed towards. Oddly enough, the church leader uses the same hand signal when pointing to Allessa's mom and the police officer, after she takes them to the elevators, to signify that they're witches.

This movie will have a sequel, with the father playing a much larger role. The monsters/characters that might appear are Valtiel, Sillent Hill cult leaders Claudia Wolf and Father Vincent, Heather (the protagonist of SH3), Douglas Cartland (a detective who helps heather in SH3, but I believe he will help the father in the sequel to the movie), and maybe Harry Mason. The main characters from the first movie who will appear will most likely be Allessa, the mom, the dad, and the male police officer.

Hope this helps. If anyone has any more questions, feel free to send me a u2u.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by elaine

It's been quite a while since I've seen this movie and thanks to the Original Poster, I'll watch it again now.

Thats the way I read it elaine....the mother and daughter had died, which is why the father/husband couldn't see them.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human Defense
I wonder if the video game is any good. Or I wonder what happens at the end of the game? How can they have 4 Silent Hills if they could just tell the people in the church the truth? And what was the point of saving her daughter!!!! Just so she could fricken live in that lonely alternate reality forever?/

I would shoot myself. Cause at least then I could have a new life you know. I don't think the are in the afterlife I think it is an alternate reality because if they were ghosts, how come they could not see my friend Sean? Makes no sense! If they were ghosts they could see him.

I also expected more violence because on the commerical it shows Rose with an auto pistol
! I am serious! It did! False advertising!!

the game versions have different storylines to the film
they're pretty good, better than the resident evil games imo.

btw another thing i forgot, the janitor is tortured because he sexually abused alessa at some point

top topics

join