It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ammo with flavor

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Have any hunters on the board heard of Season Shot? It's basically a type of ammunition that instead of firing regular ammo, it shoots pellets of seasoning. Kill and Season all in one step! The Pellets melt when cooked. The is fricken genius. I'm not much of a hunter, but I'd try this out on a dead carcass.
It'd be quicker to season whole turkeys that way hehe.

www.seasonshot.com...

Here are the flavors that will be available on launch apparently.

» Cajun
» Lemon Pepper
» Garlic
» Teriyaki
» Honey Mustard

Hope they can come up with a Sweet and Sour flavor.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I reckon the only think you can say to that is . . . how the heck did someone come up with that?

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
After hunting season, a cow comes grazing along. Hey girls the grass tastes like lemon pepper over here.

Roper

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I bet lemon pepper would make a great self defense round. I bet that sucker would burn.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   
MMMmmmm Honey Mustard! that will be my favorite hunting load!

This is a new one to me, I think it might be a little dangerous to shoot food products on animals and then eat it, you might get some residual lead traces in there along with some other nasty things...

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
MMMmmmm Honey Mustard! that will be my favorite hunting load!

This is a new one to me, I think it might be a little dangerous to shoot food products on animals and then eat it, you might get some residual lead traces in there along with some other nasty things...

What lead? The Ammo is the Seasoning. According to the inventor, the seasoning melts while in the oven.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   
You guys must be a bunch of city slickers. Farmers have reloading with shotgun shells with rock salt and peppercorns for about as long as there's been firearms. It's usually used against cowtippers and other hooligans who like to think that thinks it's cute to tresspass and vandalize. It's usually not lethal but will sting and burn the miscreant for weeks. Since everybody knows everybody else in small towns and rural areas, your burning backside will give away.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Heh, rocksalt. I remember that from Kill Bill. Now you have more flavors.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
appologies , but the entire concept smacks of " spoof " to me .

even if you were to fire some mechanically robust seanoning pellets at a target , which were dense enough to kill it ,

when / if they did " melt in the oven " they would , for want of a better word " puddle " around the impact site - causng sections to be way over seasoned , but leaving others bland .

the dates cited for the game fair it was supposed to be unveiled at have pased , so where are the independant write ups of it ?

and lastly , if such a seasoning material existed - why is it not marketed in granule form for use in kitchens - the " obvious aplication would ve to use a specially designed fork to force pellets of the stuff into meat

all we seem to have is one website - that does not even give any details of stockists / prices / availiability - anything

hardly a great start to a product that was " lauched " over 3 months ago

if i am wrong - i will eat " shot seasoned " crow
, but for now this is in my spoof bin

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
One must also remember the propellant which reaches some toasty temperatures in the chamber and bore. It would seem to me that you'd wind up with a bird, seasoned with salt, pepper, lemon, and Hodgdon powder.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This is one of the silliest things I've heard in awhile.

Surely this is'nt for real? I don't see how they could make this really work. I can't wait to tell my husband (who was out hunting today) about this.

He's gonna look at me like I'm crazy. lol

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I think these guys are serious. I just called the toll free number here and got a recording.

www.seasonshot.com...

They also claim to be presenting at the "America's Original Game Fair, Aug 11-13." I think that's next year.

www.seasonshot.com...

The rest of their FAQ seems kind of sketchy.

[edit on 2006/11/15 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

They also claim to be presenting at the "America's Original Game Fair, Aug 11-13." I think that's next year.

my reading of it convinced me that they were refering to the 2006 event , which matched thier cited dates :

Game Fair 2007 August 10th, 11th & 12th and August 17th, 18th & 19th

why will they not be there on the 10th [ opening day ] , and who the hell will be there with them on the 13th ????

but the daytes 10th ~13th match gamefair 2006 - thats why i concluded that the 2006 event was what they refered to .

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
my reading of it convinced me that they were refering to the 2006 event , which matched thier cited dates :

Maybe I missed something, but why would they be referring to 2006 when the external quote clearly states "Game Fair 2007"?

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 03:49 AM
link   
GRADY :

The gamefair.com website is obviously reused each year

The claim made on the “ season shot “ website was :

Season Shot will be appearing at the America's Original Game Fair, Aug 11-13

they do NOT specify a year .

The dates published for “ gamefair 2007 are :

See now – the dates do not match – if they go to Anoka on august 11~13th 2007 – they will miss the first day [ the 10th ] and be standing in an empty field on the 13th

But my amazing “google fu “ powers allowed me to find that :

Gamefair 2005 was run from :

Game Fair 2005 , August 12-13-14 , August 19-20-21

And gamefair 2006 was :

Aug. 11, 12, 13 and Aug. 18, 19 and 20

Bingo we have a match , gamefair 2006 matches the dates claimed on “ seanon shot “ website

That is why I made the assumptions I did

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   
This "season shot" has to be real, Paul Harvey talked about it yesterday.

Roper

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roper
This "season shot" has to be real, Paul Harvey talked about it yesterday.

HUH ? who the hell is " paul harvey " ?????

Being in the UK , i have never heard of him . Some contextual info would be helpful at this point , so that us " ferriners " have an idea what you are talking about

and why does it " have to be real " just because some guy called " paul harvey " mentioned it ????????? lots of personalities of various caliber "mention things all the time - but that is no measure of veracity .

if it is " real " can you cite its existance , otuside the " season shot " website - someone must be selling it , have reviewed it , anything ??

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Well, I don't know if this exact company is the same one, but I can tell you that the "seasoning cartridges" are a real idea going into production.

My father is a Boone & Crockett record holder, and he was approaced by a company with this type of idea(maybe this company, I'd have to call him up and ask).

He was given some sample cartridges and some "bullets" as promotional information. Seems they wanted to gather some B&C record holders to give their "ammo" the "thumbs up".

Anyways I laughed pretty hard over the idea, he did too. But in reality he wasn't impressed with the cartridges. He fears that the projectile may not be able to bring down your target in one shot. Worried about the round's fragmentation once penetrating the hide.

I know from my time hunting that you want to drop the animal as quickly and cleanly as you can. Nothing so sad as having to track down an wounded animal by blood trail. Tragic stuff.

In the end, your real hunter(stalking prey, level ground, staying out of wind etc) will likely stick to the tried and true carts he's used for years. The casual hunter who sits in a stand near an auto feeder till something plops itself out in front of him..... well, that's another story

Happy hunting!

X

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Lets not forget this variety.

For shooting fish in a barrel.

g

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Hell's bell's Ape. it was a joke!

www.paulharvey.com... Scroll down and listen to Mr. Harvey. Paul has been broadcasting the news for decades. A good'ol Okie form T-town.

Roper

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join