It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to survive an economic crash??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
There are a number of "old school" things one can do to diversify their income and protect themselves against an economic crash or depression. I came across a good list of ideas on surviving an economic crash. Sometimes some of the simplest ideas are the best ones.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
here is a question to those who advise getting out of debt.

for those who don't have the income or means to get out of debt before the SHTF ... is there much point? i mean - it's not like you can eat a clean credit record, lol.

would it not be wiser to stay in debt and/or get even further into debt if necessary/able , and stock up on life sustaining essentials?

at the end of it you'll probably never get credit again ... but at least you and your children will be alive.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Reply to Anonymous..

Health Care? There won't BE health care. I suggest you get a few first aid books and read them. And get books on herbs and how to use them for prevention.

If your problem can't be handled through triage medicine, then you MIGHT be able to barter with a local doctor, or medical facility. But you might as well take a number as they will be prioritizing their cases and someone's going to die as a result.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Economic collapse would be similar to the housing crash - by region and maybe by zip code. I would expect Martial law would be localized to 'hot spots' (layoff protests?) and similar to disasters in the past; L.A. Riots, New Orleans Katrina, etc. You may still have a job but might end up driving through a protest. I would expect it to be a patchwork of events scattered across the map. High unemployment with the accompanying high crime, severe cutbacks in state and local government services, sudden lack of maintenance in middle class and upper middle class neighborhoods.

Guns and ammo wouldn't be my first priority, it would be; food, water, clothing, heat, cash, important records, and light on the feet with a backup site to go to (don't forget about remotely backing up your computers). Bottled water goes fast, maybe add a storage tank on the house or get a $100 purification kit from a camping store. A truck with a trailer for moving your supplies to your backup site (friend with a ranch?). Guns and ammo some for household protection, some for hunting if possible. Then again the Survival forum has good info.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by wildcat

no it didn't. That is a rediculous Keynesian belief. We did not begin to pull out of depression until after the war. Why? In large part because Truman reversed much of FDR's policies.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join