It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we all Schizoprhenic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Diseria, That's the point, we dont have control and were as fragile as shell eggs, were so dependant on the system now that if a great natural or manmade disaster hit the world we would'nt last 5 minutes. Were like a bunch of babies being spoon fed our meds every day.

But ain't that also the beauty? The beauty of being a human being is to fall into these pitfalls mislabelled 'truths'.... and *learn* from them.
I agree -- we are babies, mostly because we allow ourselves to be treated that way. No one may dominate another without submission, be it passive or explicit.

Best way for the bird to learn how to fly is to jump from the nest.. Unfortunately, our 'mamas' aren't willing to nudge us over the edge, and indeed are keeping us from jumping altogether.
It won't, it *can't* stay that way forever.

I will not argue that there is a portion of people who are utterly and totally dependant on the system -- who would not, under any feasible circumstances be able to live without it. For them, I subscribe to the survival of the fittest: can't hack it, won't make it.
However, I'm willing to bed that there's lots of people who will figure out how to live without the system. And even if the number turns out to be drastically lower than I hope -- so what. Those that survive will be even stronger and better human beings for it.

There are laws that every creature must abide by.. and I think we forgot them in light of science, medicine and technology.
One of them, which I, myself, am just realizing, is the necessity of a community. We call this society a community, but it really isn't. We share no real, *meaningful* relations with each other beyond individual relationships. Especially with capitalism injected into the equation, combined with a 'profitable value' system, as it were, we are taught that we are each a little island unto ourselves...

Poisoned minds, poisoned bodies. The question then becomes -- are our spirits poisoned as well?

Every blessing is a curse, and every curse is a blessing. Either way: lessons need to be learned, and in some cases, re-learned.

I hope for a revolution in thought, in social interaction, in values. In fact, I demand it.. but the demand is either preaching to the choir, or falls on deaf ears.

Only a social revolution can have any hope of changing our current situation... So, how can we elicit such a change?

that is my search. i hope that that is the search of every intelligent human being who knows and feels that something is wrong. *what* is wrong, and *how* can we fix it.

and for all my philosophical studies thus far,
the only solution that I've found is from Ghandi: BE the change you want to see in the world.
Enact it, live it.

[edit on 13-11-2006 by Diseria]

[edit on 13-11-2006 by Diseria]

<< 1   >>

join