It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Democrats Cheated And Stole The Election!"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Well, actually I don't think they did, but I find the relative lack of conspiracy theorizing about the outcome of this election versus the previous three elections interesting in itself.

Is this because of a difference in the way the parties handle victory and defeat?

Or is it that this outcome simply doesn't surprise anyone?

What about all those dire predictions that the Republicans would steal the election with Diebold electronic voting machines?

Did election fraud suddenly end this year and cease to exist?

A lack of 2006 election conspiracies is bad news for PTS, but maybe it's good news for the U.S.

I expect conspiracy theories to arise over time, of course, but I find the contrast quite striking between how the outcome of this election is being received versus the virtual riots that broke out in the wake of Democratic losses in 2000, 2002 and 2004.

What do you think? Why is the aftermath of this election so different?

[edit on 11/9/2006 by Majic]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
It does seem that as long as the Dems win, everything is A-OK, but if the GOP wins there must have been something really nasty and wrong going on... :shk:

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Just for the Heck of it, and not that I beleive it but if I was going to rig an election it wouldnt be this one.
Because of all the press of Voter fraud etc, and the fact that we all know the Rep were going to lose due to all the neg press latley. It would seem that woulnt be smart to use your silver bullet just yet. Things cant get worse in 2 years, so let the Dems win now we will steal it where it most counts in 08.

The term pick and choose your battles comes to mind.

PS I am a registered Dem, but would vote for McCain over Hillary any day

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   
IMO the irregularities with the voting methods in the USA need to be investigated by some kind of independent commission or something along those lines. Im not saying that either of the two political partys have cheated but sometimes it is hard to take US election results at face value when there are so many irregularities.

IF the Republican party steals elections you can be sure that the Democrates do the same thing. IF you follow this line of thinking it is possible that a thrid party rigged the election to ensure that the Dems would win. If the Reoublicans had won due to the polls to many people may have asked questions. Bear in mind that IF the US elections are rigged who ever is doing it will be playing there cards in a smart manner.

[edit on 10-11-2006 by xpert11]

[edit on 10-11-2006 by xpert11]

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   
The best thing about these results is that now there will most definitely be a bipartisan effort to
insure the integrity of voting machines.

I was getting a bit concerned when the Webb vs. Allen results were being tallied.

Fortunately, so many people were keeping a watchful eye that any attempt to fiddle with the results
would have been very difficult.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I am shocked the Democrats won, since the Republicans have the voting machines rigged.

Seriously, there are "irregularities", mistakes, and likely outright fraud here and there, but I doubt there's a unified effort/conspiracy nationwide to "steal" an election.

Just my OP...

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
We'll never know how many people ACTUALLY voted.

The turnouts broke records in many districts for a mid-term election.

Unfortunatetly, delays and glitches in the system also contributed to
some voter suppression in some regions.

Otherwise, I think there might have been even more seats won.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The reason there was calls of fraud before, is very different to the election now. Remember the machines? The reason people claimed they were "rigged" is because of who the owner of the company is [a registered Republican supporter]. Furthermore, there were problems with getting voter ID to some areas that were going to be heavily contested [again controlled by Republican members].

This time around, it was pretty obvious that the Republican Party was going to take a beating. In fact, on BBC2: Newsnight the Republican Spokesman said he'd be "shocked" if they won this election and because of that it was probably too much of a risk to do it again. The agenda of the Republican Party has been put into place and even if they're not elected again, the Democrats will have to clean up there mess...

...also you over look the fact, the whole two party system is a joke. It's used to keep people against one another and to vote for who is "the best of a bad bunch" instead of voting for the ideas you yourself support. [Which is used in some States.]

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Well let's wait and see what happens with investigations after the innaugurations.

I doubt we'll see any attempts to crack down on corruption until after January.

It would also be foolish to openly announce any such game plan before
these new representatives were officially in office.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
It does seem that as long as the Dems win, everything is A-OK, but if the GOP wins there must have been something really nasty and wrong going on... :shk:

Well, seeing as the exit polls said Gore and Kerry won, and the counting of votes said Gore won, and the fact Republicans have been caught rigging elections past three elections, I think that's why people think Republicans rig lections. Oh and don't forget the calls that happen every two years where republicans just happen to call blacks and tell them they will be arrested if they try to vote. Oh and the auto bot calls this time, oh and the ballots in 2000 just turning into air. Maybe they biodegraded really fast and only in heavy dem areas of Florida before they could be counted.

And especially this time if the Republicans won then it would be proof positive they can't win an election fairly. Unless you think millions of Americans are pedophiles and support Foley/Hasterts position on pedophiles in the Republican party.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Perhaps the outcome of voters was so overwhelming that the rigged machines could not handle the fraud anymore.

Still it was irregularities with the machines but not as many as the ones in 2004.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Quote by majic

Is this because of a difference in the way the parties handle victory and defeat?

I guess so. The Democrats must never be able to lose an election.

Originally posted by HoorahUSMC
Well, seeing as the exit polls said Gore and Kerry won, and the counting of votes said Gore won, and the fact Republicans have been caught rigging elections past three elections, I think that's why people think Republicans rig lections. Oh and don't forget the calls that happen every two years where republicans just happen to call blacks and tell them they will be arrested if they try to vote. Oh and the auto bot calls this time, oh and the ballots in 2000 just turning into air. Maybe they biodegraded really fast and only in heavy dem areas of Florida before they could be counted.

And especially this time if the Republicans won then it would be proof positive they can't win an election fairly. Unless you think millions of Americans are pedophiles and support Foley/Hasterts position on pedophiles in the Republican party.

Just look at Allen's concession speech:

"Today I've called and congratulated Jim Webb and his team," Allen said during a brief news conference in Arlington. He added that he would also "pledge my absolute full cooperation in the transition. . . . We will work together to make sure Jim Webb is up and running for the people of Virginia."
"The people of Virginia have spoken, they have spoken in a closely divided voice. We have two 49ers."
"I have the legal right to ask for a recount at the taxpayers' expense. I also realize a recount could drag on all the way to Christmas. . . . I do not wish to cause more rancor by protracted litigation that won't alter the results."

Webb won Virginia by 49.55 percent of the vote while Allen took 49.25 percent a difference of only 7,231 votes.

Bush won Ohio by 51% to 49% and over 118,000 votes.

Yes, there is a difference in how the party's handle victory and defeat.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I have no doubt that this election, like the last several, has had it's outcome manipulated by the computer voting machines. To say that the dems or the gop stole one election or another is irrelevant, as both parties are controlled by the same big money powers.

I believe what we have with this election result is an attempt to rehabilitate the image of the computer voting machines. All of the draconian, constitution and freedom destroying legislation neccessary to enslave us has now been passed. Bush Co railroaded the last bit through in this last session with HR 6166. This being accomplished, they could now afford to give the illusion of democracy another showing. Now all you pointy headed conspiracy geeks have been proven wrong!! See... the computer voting machines are ok after all. Now go back to watching football.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
sorry I forgot where I heard this..

but there was some prophecy I read...

Where it said; that the elections would be found to be rigged.. and than civil war would ensue.. and yaddy yadda blah blah.. it was probably someones post on here thinking quite wishfully..

does it matter what happened? ... what does it mean we should do? .. is what we have even democratic.. ?

Our government has been fail-safed to ensure that its almost impossible to change anything to make it more efficient.. its a rigoris(sp?) circle.. people feel it too.. every time they try to get ID or a Birth Certificate or a Health Card... circles.. can't get one without having the other, can't get the other without having another..
Its horrible flawed..

Does it matter who we vote for? they're all fighting .. We shouldn't encourage their discord.. it just creates more... voting another tyrant in isn't changing for peace.. its just another type of tyranny.

top topics

join