It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone tell me what the Davinci Code is all about?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Greywolf,you're a priest? I suspect that you know of some of the things the church is hiding then,huh?

I cant tell you. Its a secret and I'm a Priest.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
My biggest hang-up was their fascination with the Last Supper painting as if Da Vinci was actually there or had a Polaroid of the real Last Supper. Somehow he "knew" it was a woman beside Jesus. Sorry, but he wasn't born for what, about 1,400 years after Jesus? You could hardly say that his painting was anything other than religion as he interpreted it. Far from a factual rendition of the scene. Are we to believe that everyone was crowded around one side of the table? Na, it's just a cool painting.

Besides that...... I don't believe that Leonardo was painting a woman next to Jesus. The most probable model for this person is a male youth named "Salai" (Gian Giacomo Caprotti da Oreno), who was 15 years old, when Leonardo started doing this work (look here: St. John in Art).

So for everybody, who thinks the great master wanted to play a prank, when he made that painting.... I think that's true, but it has nothing to do with "the sacred feminine" and it was only recognisable for insiders that knew something about the relationship between him and Salai!

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Without making any claims as to the validity of ANY conspiracy theories surrounding DaVinci's art, I will say this:

I had the absolute joy of heading to Milan and seeing the Last Supper with my own two eyes. After seeing a bunch of DaVinci art in Paris, Florence, and then Milan, I can tell you two things:

1) Davinci is quite proficient at capturing the intracacies of a face.

2) In the Last Supper, he painted a woman on Jesus's right hand side.

Again, I don't really believe that DaVinci was hooked in to some amazing pipeline of theological history. I think Dan Brown is fun FICTION. I've heard the explanations about how John was a fair-faced lad. And I know that DaVinci had a very odd and irreverent sense of humor.

So I have no idea what it means...but that's a woman up there on that wall.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Here is a paraphrase of what the text says,

Jesus often kissed Mary on blank.. The problem with this is that it could have originally said that he kissed her on her hand,head,forehead,back,cheek,etc. However,where have people deducted that Jesus must have kissed her? On her "lips." :shk:

Of course, we will never really know what the text originally stated because those words are gone..

Imagine if it actually said Jesus often kissed Mary between her milky, smooth thighs, and she writhed in pleasure as his tongue flickered rhythmically along her lips

Wow, you'd have a whole lot of interest in the bible. The church really need to jump on the tried and tested marketing idea that sex sells, they'd really be raking it in.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by VelvetSplash
[Wow, you'd have a whole lot of interest in the bible. The church really need to jump on the tried and tested marketing idea that sex sells, they'd really be raking it in.

Well, considering the bible is the best selling book the world has ever known, I don't think it needs what you suggest

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essedarius
And I know that DaVinci had a very odd and irreverent sense of humor.

..... and that's why he gave John the look his teenaged boyfriend Salai! You have to know that a "queer reading" of the bible and especially of the relationship between John and Jesus is centuries old. King James I of England (1566 – 1625), for example, once defended his intimate relationship with George Villiers like this:
“I, James, am neither God nor an angel, but a man like any other. Therefore I act like a man, and confess to loving those dear to me more than other men. You may be sure that I love the Earl of Buckingham more than anyone else, and more than you who are here assembled. I wish to speak in my own behalf, and not to have it thought to be a defect, for Jesus Christ did the same, and therefore I cannot be blamed. Christ had his John, and I have my George.”

You can't look at all these countless depictions of St. John as a beardless, long haired youth (a long time before Leonardo's era) and still tell me it's a woman! That makes no sense, especially since they would have arrested Leonardo immediately after they had seen what is so "obvious" to you. He was certainly no idiot or suicidal!

Here is a painting by Raffaelo. Are there several female apostles or what? Come on.....

These three pictures are considered to be portraits of Salai at different ages - still not convincing to you?

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Leonardo Da Vinci was not a queer.

See this thread:

Conspiracy to slander Adepts by claiming that they were gay

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

See this thread:

Tamahu, I tend to agree with you on this. I feel like this current effort to try to label many as being "gay" is simply an effort to legitimize the gay rights movement.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

See this thread:

If you had taken the time to inform yourself about Leonardo da Vinci (and other Renaissance artists) then you would know that he was mainly, if not exclusivly attracted to teenage boys, especially when they had long curls. Read a good biography about him (I recomend Serge Bramly's book Leonardo - The Artist and the Man) and you'll see what I mean. Even Leonardo's earliest biographer Giorgio Vasari (1511 - 1574) already knew what Leonardo liked. He described Salai as "a graceful and beautiful youth with fine curly hair, in which Leonardo greatly delighted". The art critic and theorist Gian Paolo Lomazzo (1538 - 1600) goes even further by inventing a dialogue in one of his books in which Leonardo appears as one of the protagonists and declares, "Know that male love is exclusively the product of virtue which, joining men together with the diverse affections of friendship, makes it so that from a tender age they would enter into the manly one as more stalwart friends." In the dialogue, the interlocutor inquires of Leonardo about his relations with his assistant Salai: "Did you play the game from behind which the Florentines love so much?" Leonardo answers, "And how many times! Keep in mind that he was a beautiful young man, especially at about fifteen."

Btw, the people of Florence were so famous for their likings (although it was always forbidden) that about 500 years ago homosexual men in Germany were called "Florenzer".

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Batz
The art critic and theorist Gian Paolo Lomazzo (1538 - 1600) goes even further by inventing a dialogue in one of his books in which Leonardo appears as one of the protagonists and declares, "Know that male love is exclusively the product of virtue which, joining men together with the diverse affections of friendship, makes it so that from a tender age they would enter into the manly one as more stalwart friends." In the dialogue, the interlocutor inquires of Leonardo about his relations with his assistant Salai: "Did you play the game from behind which the Florentines love so much?" Leonardo answers, "And how many times! Keep in mind that he was a beautiful young man, especially at about fifteen."

Key word in everything that you just said, "inventing." Gian
Lomzzo,as you stated, was a theorist and anything that he said about anyone should be taken lightly.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
There is much more, just look at some of Leonardo's drawings (which you won't do, of course).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join