It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom to Fascism in America - Vote fascist in 2008

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I've always wondered that, if we were in a war, would it be a good idea to grant the president, or another executive, sort of "wartime" powers where alot of the checks on his power would be removed to give him more control of the situation. This would also allow decisions to be made as quickly as possible without the slow decision making process of congress and such. The executive would have alot of checks on his power removed, yet not all, and this power would be taken away after a war is over.

However, the only problem is when you get someone in power that is not the most trustworthy man, and would use this all to his own end. It would not have to be the president, maybe the Chief of Staff, or vice-president, etc. The only extra powers that would be granted to him, however, would just be ones related to the war effort.

I think when some people earlier were talking about George Washington as fascist, or how some of you interpreted it, they were talking about when he first became president there was no limit as to how long a president could serve, he could have served for life, but he stepped down after two terms. He did so because he did not want to abuse power or the american people. This then became the precedent as to how long a president could serve, until FDR.

Kind of off topic a little.

But that's my say.

SOSHOOTME

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by soshootme
I think when some people earlier were talking about George Washington as fascist, or how some of you interpreted it, they were talking about when he first became president there was no limit as to how long a president could serve, he could have served for life...

I would agree with that statement.

[edit on 12-11-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I want to know what you can't do now that you could do before Bush took office. I've lived in the United States for 21 years and I haven't noted a difference. Everyday I am thankful to live in such a great prosperous country that will reward hard work.

And I certainly WON'T blame our own government, which we the people are responsible for, for 9/11. That is exactly what the terrorists want us to think. Blame our own government or our own president. It's a shame so many people have been made to believe all this anti-bush propaganda that they would want to call for killing our own President.

But I'll be as objective as I can possibily be and view that movie you posted there. And believe me, I used to look at those 9/11 conspiracy theories and not once did I see sufficient evidence in order for me to take it seriously!

[edit on 12-11-2006 by laiguana]

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
It's a shame so many people have been made to believe all this anti-bush propaganda that they would want to call for killing our own President.

I have never seen that anywhere, nor are we advocating anything remotely close to that. The office of our elected officials is sacred to the people and the constitution. Violence is always an unacceptable solution.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join