It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gay kid says hello to the new kids.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by henry88
One other thing that sickens me. I've been to some of these Gay Pride parades/rally and its almost like going into a crowd having a fetish orgy and none of them having any voice to speak up for a positive image of the gay community.

What sickens me is that most of the straight people only experience something like a gay pride parade. Gay pride is a time to do outlandish things and make fun of ourselves. That's one day out of the year. We aren't like that the rest of the 364 days. Well, most of us aren't.

Another thing that sickens me is people comming in this thread just to bash the OP for stating he's gay. Just like the TV...if you don't like it, change the channel.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hi! Welcome to ATS...it's certainly a diverse and interesting place to say the least. Enjoy!!!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
How in the hell can you choose men over females
I wish i could say what i really want to say but ill get kicked out.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This thread is quite a conundrum, A persons race, religion or politics may come into play on a conspiracy site but not sexuality, is this some kind of survey to judge the attitudes of members. I cannot see the logic of stating ones sexuality anymore than some male members probably type away on ATS wearing a pink frock, its not relvent to the subject matter.

That said there is a very serious side to this matter, the persecution of those who are different shows no sign of abbating. My wife and I's personal experience of this is our own daughter who is a lesbian, the torment she went through in her early years was such that on more than one occasion she attempted to take her own life. Although we are past that know she still carries the emotional scars. The evilness of some has no limits.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I think what he means is, this is a conspiracy forum and I don't think many care or want to know if someone takes it up the ass or not.

The only person so far that I have seen mention this is... well, you.
Could we also remember that there are people on here that are 12, that I at least know of, and you could probably be a little less lewd. FYI, it's called anal sex.

I personally am getting tired of the politically-correctness bull(snot) going around on the news, schools, work, etc.

No one was asking for you to be politcally correct. On this forum, we do generally treat each other with respect, though.

This isnt match.com where you find other fellow conspiracy theorists on a 1 on 1 brunch with a motel room for gay-sex or any kind of sex for that matter.

Then how in the world will motel rooms stay in business? Since afterall, that is the only place that gay-sex occurs. I'll have to let my friends know about this change, we didn't get it in the Princess Weekly.

So, why should we care about sexual and physical preferences on this forum. (sozzy if i seem so up-tight. tired of the "tolerance" thing going around when the fools can't tolerate being criticised as the same they do to everyone else.)

Why should we care? Hrm... why do you care? What is it exactly that makes you so uncomfortable? You have been here since 9/28/06 and you're already dictating what is acceptable behavior on someone else's site?

One other thing that sickens me. I've been to some of these Gay Pride parades/rally and its almost like going into a crowd having a fetish orgy and none of them having any voice to speak up for a positive image of the gay community.

Because all gay people go to gay pride and participate in the areas that are associated with the leather community, right?
Tell your straight friends not to bare the breasts out for everyone to see when they come down to Mardi Gras here, as well. Though honestly it doesn't bother me. I'm a live and let live, kind of guy. If you don't like the station, change the channel.

Out of curiousity, exactly what were you doing at Gay Pride in the first place, anyhow? Let me guess, I've heard this story... You went to a bar, because they had beautiful girls, and great dance music, you had a little too much to drink, and the pom poms mixed with Donna Summer was too much of an opportunity to miss?

[edit on 11/8/06 by niteboy82]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
OK, let's put this puppy to bed. This is an "Introduction". New members come here and tell us about themselves. I've seen many different Intro's in my time here and this one didn't stand out, many have. If FF wanted to share his sexuality with the members what's wrong with that? He's comfortable with it, most others are too but there are a few here that are not, that's clear. Fine, stay away from the thread and don't welcome the new member. Don't come to question him though. Took courage to come into a new community like he did. I wonder why this hasn't happened before? Oh yeah, the reaction on this thread. :shk:

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Welcome aboard.

I find all the hostile responses amusing - I've also noticed some friendly responses by people who from their previous posting history I would have assumed would be hostile.

So it's not all bad

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
I'm guessing that the Democrat's making gains are emboldening certain fringe political views in the hopes of wide acceptance some time soon.

'Fringe' 'political' views, eh?

Frankly this is what I remember about reality... not since Rome or even Athens has homosexuality with no restraints been practiced by any Western culture or nature.

So your assertion that there is anything normal about your culture in the modern world is foolish.

What you are saying is that you desire to return to the days of Rome and Athens and you are advocating for this and lobbying for this as though it is your RIGHT.

I don't see it that way. Furthermore, I point to the good members the downfall of Rome and Athens was in fact decadence and that is a natural outcome of the kind of social mores that you may prefer be adopted by the greater society.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Hi
I am heterosexual LazarusTheLong...
greetings ford farmer...

I can tell we are gonna have trouble with ya...
seeing as you are so disturbed mentally...

how can anyone like ford these days? geeze...

we gotta straighten you out on that.

see ya on the boards.

[edit on 8-11-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I keep checking in on this forum and all I can say is WOW!!

Slamming and more slamming, it is sad really!

Remember, this is ATS! It is not a forum of sexual preferences, it is a forum about a great many things, but not sexual preferences! Is it possible to leave this guy alone, let him be an addition to the forum and leave it at that?

Nobody hear is perfect, least of all me...so let's stop knocking this guy down, he may be there to help you out someday!

Welcome and welcome again Fordfarmer, sift through the rubbish till you find what you are looking for here on ATS!

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

Because all gay people go to gay pride and participate in the areas that are associated with the leather community, right?
Tell your straight friends not to bare the breasts out for everyone to see when they come down to Mardi Gras here, as well. Though honestly it doesn't bother me. I'm a live and let live, kind of guy. If you don't like the station, change the channel.

Out of curiousity, exactly what were you doing at Gay Pride in the first place, anyhow? Let me guess, I've heard this story... You went to a bar, because they had beautiful girls, and great dance music, you had a little too much to drink, and the pom poms mixed with Donna Summer was too much of an opportunity to miss?

[edit on 11/8/06 by niteboy82]

Well, for starters, Me nor my friends go to "Mardi Gras" when we can just buy beer down the road and drink,play games,eat pizza at home. second, for your curiousity, my fag friend invited me to go with him and its hard not to miss it when they have the parade literally right down your street. arguing over whose gay and whose not will be endless. I was just showing the point of why does it matter to say "hi guys im gay" on a forum that talks about aliens killing cows and the illuminati having secret meetings in a forest. the rest was my rantings being bored because i couldnt find a good CS server to play on.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   

for your curiousity, my fag friend invited me to go with him and its hard not to miss it when they have the parade literally right down your street.

Pretty frickin sad man. You have NO such friend, you are to afraid of gays to associate with them.

Bottom line

I can see where this is going and I'll tell you now, I'm NOT going to close this thread but I WILL start handing out warns for posts like this. From the T&C:

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I don't know why so many people are protesting this post. ATS is an online community where you're free to share as much or little with that community as you want (within the T&C of course).

If you think the fact that Ford is gay is too much information, then so be it, but I don't see anything wrong with him sharing that if he thought it was important.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
OK, let's put this puppy to bed. This is an "Introduction". New members come here and tell us about themselves. I've seen many different Intro's in my time here and this one didn't stand out, many have. If FF wanted to share his sexuality with the members what's wrong with that?

You seem to be slightly confused. Ford farmer is an established member since 4-21-06. He came in here to welcome any new members and offer any help. He also offered his sexual preference to any new members. Sounds and seems like he/she was fishing for fellow gays. Not very savvy for a conspiracy sight. But what the hell, he scored some ATS points.

[edit on 11/8/2006 by Jeddyhi]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. I hope you enjoy your stay.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeddyhi

Originally posted by intrepid
OK, let's put this puppy to bed. This is an "Introduction". New members come here and tell us about themselves. I've seen many different Intro's in my time here and this one didn't stand out, many have. If FF wanted to share his sexuality with the members what's wrong with that?

You seem to be slightly confused. Ford farmer is an established member since 4-21-06. He came in here to welcome any new members and offer any help. He also offered his sexual preference to any new members. Sounds and seems like he/she was fishing for fellow gays. Not very savvy for a conspiracy sight. But what the hell, he scored some ATS points.

[edit on 11/8/2006 by Jeddyhi]

You are right, 166 posts, not a new member. "Fishing for gays"? No, I don't think so, remember the US had an election yesterday. Let's look closer at the thread post:

Originally posted by Ford Farmer
Hi everyone. Since this area is for new members, I have to say hello, and wish ya'll a good day, and to remember the codes and conduct of ATS. if anyone wants to debate, or just a good talk, my names at the top of the screen.

Support Gay Marriage

[edit on 7-11-2006 by Ford Farmer]

"Support Gay Marriage
"

Politically motivated. We ALL missed that, good catch Jeddyhi.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Is it too late to give a welcome?

Well anyways, Welcome!! MUAHAHAHA

There are refreshments on the table and the discussions should start shortly, please enjoy!

Shattered OUT...

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   

This cuts to the heart of the matter. Gay marriage is an issue. Therefore, if stating an issue, while 'welcoming new members' gives you immunity from discussion, then this forum may fill up fast.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Can someone just close this thread? I think it's more than served its raison d'être.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar

This cuts to the heart of the matter. Gay marriage is an issue. Therefore, if stating an issue, while 'welcoming new members' gives you immunity from discussion, then this forum may fill up fast.

Yes, it will be looked at closer BUT I don't think it will be much of a problem until 2008. A good lesson imo.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join