It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

nasa on the lookout for possible extraterrestrial computervirus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
not knowing where i should put this, i do it here :

Keeping Watch for Interstellar Computer Viruses

Microsoft may have to fork up big bounty bucks trying to unearth future hackers, particularly when they are light years away on distant worlds.

read more here :
space.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   
o jesus

how anale can they get? realy comeone, aliends "hacking" us????

thats like mahahaha first of all, they would have to know our leungege, then they would have to figer out 1,0's

then they would have to figerout out "windows" they would have to figerout how to get thro firewalls its just just INPOSIBLE

all theyt would have to do is drop a strong EMP

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dmsoldier
then they would have to figerout out "windows"

Figuring that out wouldn't be that hard

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Interesting bit of thought
Who know what my happen
in the future
ThX !

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 10:10 PM
link   
looks like ill have to fork over more money to my putergeek friend

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 17-2-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 12:21 AM
link   
This sounds much like a link I saw posted earlier today...Do an ATS search for the phrase "Protocol 5" & see what turns up.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 01:44 AM
link   

then they would have to figerout out "windows"

haha, figure out windows? they'd fall over laughing at XP's fruity colors and then right when they're about to hack through, windows will crash and BSOD will pop up. Windows is Earth's last chance to save the computers!

anyways, um, yea, some people are really too extreme...I doubt aliens are sending us viruses.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Lol sounds... Different...

I don't like saying this, as there are so many people supporting both sides, and I don't want to start a argument here, but couldn't they of least used the correct words? Lol.
Crackers and cracking are the correct words, not hackers and hacking. Hackers are not people breaking into computer systems...

Anyways... Aside from that... That is quite funny though, lol.

I mean Alien computer criminals... Whatever next

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 07:10 AM
link   
This has to be the funniest thing I've seen yet. First off a mis-match in technologies would make it neigh on impossible to create a virus on a alien system that could infect ours. To do this they would have to have one of our computers to effectively create working code. If they have that, then they are already here on earth, and we are up the creek without a paddle. Second, only the lamest of the lame write computer viruses, so if we run into a planet of virus writer aliens, well then all hope for intelligence in other parts of space is lost. An advanced alien race isint going to waste time with a virus if their intent is destruction or attack, they are going to play the nice guys untill within attack range.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Ya gotta wonder just what sort of goofball they're hiring at Fermi Labs. That's ridiculous.

Heck, by the time they got that "alien code" to hack Windows XP sent from Alpha Centauri (or wherever), we'd have Windows ZZP on our systems and the last computer that was able to run XP would be dozing quietly in some municipal landfill... or museum.

Sheesh.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 07:57 AM
link   

how anale can they get? realy comeone, aliends "hacking" us????

Why not? Worked for us in ID4!

If it's assumed that aliens are logical, then they're in for a shock when they see Windows!

Alien Programmer: "What the #???!!! Illegal Operation! Damn! I just alerted the Earth authorities!!!"

Other Alien Programmer: "Nice goin' J-Rod...."

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 08:17 AM
link   
My god... Ya think someone at NASA has a cybergeek nephew at Fermi Labs that they are trying to hook up with a gov't grant or something?
This has stupid written all over it...

If the signal is coming from lightyears away, even if "they" somehow knew our technology now, the technology would be way different by the time the signal got here - (as stated by several posts already)

Alternatively, if "they" were "among us" with technology far more advanced than our own, you couldn't keep them from crashing systems and causing chaos any more than you could keep some pimply faced 14 year old with a good knowledge of C+ from writing the next killer virus...

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Pimply faceded 14 year old? Lol... Funny... But they normally aint.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MetalHead
Pimply faceded 14 year old? Lol... Funny... But they normally aint.

True, but it sounded good and got the point across...

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Alien Programmer: "What the #???!!! Illegal Operation! Damn! I just alerted the Earth authorities!!!"

Other Alien Programmer: "Nice goin' J-Rod...."

Lol! Good one...

Another problem would be that they (The Aliens) would have to make their code very portable. Also at the moment the majority or programs are compliled by and for the x86 architecture, and if the time to actually send the code to Earth was quite a long time, it would be pointless, as we would probably be using the 64bit architecture by then, maybe even 128bit, lol.

But... Maybe they could get some of their friends working at Area 51 or Dulce to email the code out? Lol... They could easily cause chaos that way.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Well, they may have to send someone back in time to get an old IBM computer, to figure it out,

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Well, they may have to send someone back in time to get an old IBM computer, to figure it out,

Lol yea...

To be honest... I can't see anything like that happening ever... But then... They do say the next generation of wars will be computer based.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Well its not like Microsoft doesnt have the moeny to do it, all be it rather stupid idea. Thats just my opinion and a few others it seems lol

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   

lmfao

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 08:01 AM
link   

And they'd have to get Unix, too, because it's gonna crash and burn in 2036!!! No -- wait!!!! UNIX IS THE ALIEN VIRUS!!!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join