It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fate of the World Depends on You...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   
In less than 24 hours, the leadership of the United States will be decided. Make no mistake about it, the entire world will be affected by the policies of our next House and Senate. The only people who can decide this are the ones who vote.

The fate of The World will be determined by those who show up to the polls.

If you were considering not voting, because of some perceived belief that your vote does not matter, let me be the first to pop that little bubble. The fate of the world depends upon your vote. The direction of our congress in matters towards the wars overseas, the global environment, the security of our nation, human rights, and the liberties and ideals that we hold sacred, will all be decided upon in this vote.

All politics aside, in a recent study it was revealed that the average of all individual guesses within a group were of a closer accuracy than any one member. Each vote, by each citizen is a guess as to whom they believe to be the best of the available choices. The results of the election are the average of all those individual guesses. Your vote not only matters, it is crucial to this process.

And if I see one response of "Giant Douche vs. Turd Sandwich" being an excuse to not vote, I will completely and utterly lose respect for that member of ATS. South Park is a cartoon, whose sole purpose is to entertain and make public commentary, beholden to no one but their corporate sponsers.

This is real life, and quite literally, the lives of millions, if not billions of people, depend on you. The fate of the world will be decided. Do not let apathy, propaganda, or other excuses be your reason for letting someone else decide the fate of it for you.

Vote.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
too bad i didn't register

maybe next time

niiice post though

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Why is this in BB&Q? Anyway, as Diddy said, "Vote or Die".

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Why is this in BB&Q? Anyway, as Diddy said, "Vote or Die".

Well, I actually meant to put it in the eyeball forum, but apparently clicked the BBQ instead. I guess technically it could be considered board business, as the fate of the world is the business of all members of the forum, but technically I placed it in the wrong forum by accident.

Still... VOTE... For Chrissakes VOTE!!!

Preferably vote responsibly, but vote. I have a feeling this election and the one in 2008 will be two of the single most important elections in the history of the United States, and quite possibly the world, for decades to come. The decision as to what exactly we stand for as a nation, and what we as a people will and will not put up with, to try and make the world a better place, and how, is decided today.

And, depending on just how badly things go, it might just be the last election we ever have.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I'm off to go vote.

Consider this my bump. I feel the message is that important.

Those who do not vote deserve the government they get.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Thelibra, you may view all of this as being hopeful. However,I hate to "burst your bubble," but I just don't see how voting,even though I did, for either of the two major political parties is going to change anything.

The only thing that will change anything,and I doubt that it will ever happen, is for both parties to be ousted onto their butts by independent candidates. I don't ever see it happening though.
:shk: The Republipukes and the Demopukes have done a good job of making sure that no other voice has proper funding in the political process.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Yea... can't vote.... not old enough. I'm 18 come December so I just missed it. SpeakerofTruth is right though. Nothing is going to change really. Two sides of the same coin..............

new topics

top topics

join