It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADVISOR: Call to Duty

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Letting you all know I am doing ok, arrived in Fort Sill Oklahoma, and am pretty much done processing in. From here will go to Santa Fe New Mexico for two weeks then on to White Sands for final transition retraining.

Thank you all, once again for the kind words and replies.
ADVISOR
OUT!

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Glad to hear that you're getting to your Post in one piece...Good thing the military takes good care of its "meat". Just be careful that you don't wind up in the "grinder."

Ok, I admit my mistake...Scout, not Ranger. A mere slip of the tongue (keyboard?)

Any specialty job in the military takes training & time. 'A' School, 'C School, whatever they call it in your branch...Mine was Navy. The 'A School for my Rate took something almost equal to a 2-year college degree & crammed it into 7 months; Then I had 'C School right after. By the time I completed both schools, I was OTM3 (Ocean Systems Technician-Maintainer, Rank of PO3) with specialization in Comm Systems.
Branch or Ratings aside, you still have your work cut out for you.

If you find yourself under fire, remember you're avatar...You can accomplish anything if you set your mind to it, even survival.

A few other things to remember:
Military Intelligence is an oxymoron.
Friendly Fire...Isn't.
Third man on the match (to light a cigarette) is dead.
Until graduating Boot Camp, the 2 things you learn best is your shoeshine kit & the back of someone else's bald head. They save the hard stuff until after.
No battle plan survives in the face of the enemy.
When your orders don't make any sense, start reading Sun Tzu's, "The Art of War." It'll help you a lot more than reading the Bible.

God bless & Godspeed, until your next time checking in with us.

[edit on 20-11-2006 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
For the record, I would like to thank Advisor once again for all he has done for us. His absence will be felt like a ghost in the machine. And I give you this order, it is not your final one. That one will come from da Man!

Carry on, soldier!

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I am writing the Science version for TRADOC, now if I could just them to give me the time of day.

Hooah, and I have a order for you scholar, read my recent post in the research forum and follow through.

Hmm, now if only I could get to actual training instead of waiting for this in processing to finish. At least we, meaning me and the others who have been here, get to raise up the next batchof WTC'ers or Warrior Training Course Soldiers.

Ah well, at least I have my free time, every now and again.

Carry on.

ADVISOR
OUT!

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Been a while since the last update, figured it would not hurt to keep newer tabs on things.

Just in case there is a bit of confusion upon reading this thread up to this point. It is no longer 2006 and I have finished with State side activities. Current location is Kuwait, and am doing great thus far.

Once again thank you all, for the replies and kind words. Consider it done when asked and told to keep safe.

Will touch base with you all when time is available.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Keep on Keepin On Advisor..

We are PROUD

Semper

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   
God Bless ya Advisor. Just do us all a favor ok? Come home safe, keep your head low, and don't miss when ya fire back!!

TheBorg

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Miss, now that is some thing unlikely to happen. Not saying I am a perfect shot, but hitting a 300 meter target, open sighted on a windy day. Is some thing I can do, repeatedly at that.

As said above, consider it done. Not only for myself but so too for those with me.

[edit on 12-5-2007 by ADVISOR]

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
.....but hitting a 300 meter target, open sighted on a windy day. Is some thing I can do, repeatedly at that.

The Army is still stuck at 300 eh? You know ALL Marines shoot from as far as 500 yds

Just sayin'

Later and take care.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
SportyMB

Not only that, but the Marines have made a change to their rapid fire & mag change portion of the rifle course.

Marines now fire a single magazine of 10 rounds in 60 seconds instead of two five-round magazines in 70 seconds.

"We were teaching a bad technique for exchanging magazines during rapid fire that we had to un-teach Marines during the training..."We added the magazine exchange training to Table 2 with speed reload drills."
Marine Corps Marksmanship Center of Excellence

Also another thing the Corps has over the Army, as we have no such program. Just some live fire while moving on line with our buddies. After qualification and some additional training of course.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Just make sure you COME BACK.

Springer...

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Stay safe ADVISOR.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Of course, consider my return a done deal. How ever, as stated before, I will be back with my brothers and sisters in tow.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join