It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will al Qaeda hit within the U.S. again?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
ok for those that arnt catching on i mean in the 21st century, lets let go of the 20th century for now, we can try learn from it but we cant fix it.

Nu-uh.

You don't get to redefine the rules in order to support your statement.

Denying the past is one of the worst forms of ignorance that people can display.
I seem to remember a saying having to do with what happens to those who forget (or deny) the past...

Besides, the 21st century is only 6 years old and already we have clear proof of one hanous act by the US administration. Bush LIED in oder to send the country to war.

That was a foul and devious act.

[edit on 2-11-2006 by BitRaiser]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Apparently alot of people have forgotten history.
History would teach us to be careful of what kind of world our governments form.
In Nazu Germany a man by the name of Hitler staged an attack on his own country(Riechstag fire) and blamed it on his enemys.He used said event to start a war for global conquest and to strip his own citizens of their rights.Eventually led to him invading many countries,without just cause,besides his own personal agenda.During the Nazi's reign of terror,they tortured people. History would say stop and look at the world around you.Would you even see history repeating itself if it were happening right in front of you?Or would you allow those in the future to look back at a tattered history and be the judge?

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Why, 5 years on, has there yet to be a second attack on US soil?

1) Al Qaeda capabilities were diminished during the first few years after 9/11 when they would have wanted to attack again

2) Now that they have the capabilities again, OBL is waiting for the perfect moment in time to strike. But he only will if he is almost certain it will out-do 9/11

He waited 8 years between the WTC attacks, AQ have proven they are patient.

I unfortunatly believe that an attack will eventually happen and when it does there will be one of three outcomes:

a) It will be so big, America is thrown into a state of chaos/at least severe shock/paranoia

b) It is only partially successful in which case people will be shocked, but thankful it wasn't bigger

c) It will be a total failure/discovered before it happens in which case OBL & AQ will patiently start all over again... until they acheive A or B.

This is why I believe an attack on the mass transit system is unlikely.

AQ will only attack again if they are sure casualities will pass the 6000 mark, i.e. twice the size of 9/11.

Take from that what you will, some targets could provide that degree of casualities, but most conventional means wouldn't.

Ideally they'd like the death toll to be in the millions, but whether they are capable of that we are unsure.

[edit on 2-11-2006 by tiaw1]

[edit on 2-11-2006 by tiaw1]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
First, Al-Qaeda didn't do 9/11.
Second, if there's something it's the neo-cons again.
Third, with all the power Bush have NOW, if there's another attack, it's martial law and Bush proclam himself dictator!

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I think the Bush admin. was behind 9/11 also.I also don't think we will see another attack with the magnitude of the WTC attacks.Some of the public are on to Bush and his lies,so I don't think he is that stupid.But then again.........

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
ok for those that arnt catching on i mean in the 21st century, lets let go of the 20th century for now, we can try learn from it but we cant fix it.

Nu-uh.

You don't get to redefine the rules in order to support your statement.

Denying the past is one of the worst forms of ignorance that people can display.
I seem to remember a saying having to do with what happens to those who forget (or deny) the past...

Besides, the 21st century is only 6 years old and already we have clear proof of one hanous act by the US administration. Bush LIED in oder to send the country to war.

That was a foul and devious act.

[edit on 2-11-2006 by BitRaiser]

What exactly did he lie about. If he lied most of the countries in the west also lied, because they saw the same intelligence.
Also the congress of the US voted to send us to war, so they all lied.
Saddam broke the peace treaty from the first gulf war, that was enough to go to war.
What about all the broken UN resolutions, if you back up your word then they are meaningless.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
You don't think Bush lies?wake up man,he is a politician they all lie.Are you saying he wasn't warned about 9/11?He knew about it.Alot of government agencies knew, including the F.B.I. and C.I.A.What about Bin Laden wanted dead or alive?Bush later said finding Bin Laden is not important, know why?Because he is just a patsy.He didn't plan the 9/11 attacks.So keep on supporting Bush and co.He is an evil,power hungry money gruber who will pay for his actions someday.But thats just my opinion.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join